• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

94 jeep xj with d100 5.9-727 combo

Well I've cleaned up the intake manifold. Its a Edelbrock sp2p318. From what I have found they are an older design directed more towards mpg's and low end torque. Talks to a machine shop. They want 350 to completely re do the heads. Might have them do a 3 angle for an extra 30 bucks. I am going to use the demon 625. Lets say I do have the cam you listed. Would it be a good match with this intake manifold And heads?

0327161955.jpg

Doesn't sound outrageous for the head work. For $30, I'd do the 3 angle job, cheap improvement. I was told to always do that when getting heads done.

Those are some sharp corners in those runners! It is an older intake and would be the most restrictive part of your equation. You could always swaps to a newer edelbrock intake later on if this one doesn't work. I never played with small blocks, the one I had was a hell of a strong running Gopher Motor (local company) rebuild that actually got built right. So I'm no help in saying if the cam is too much or not. I'd try it since you have it and the engine it came out of was basically stock. Worse thing that can happen is you have to tear into it again, and learn something in the process.

Me personally , I don't like Crane cams in a Mopar . But think about it . You have it , It's definitely better then the stock one you have now ( By the way , check that when you pull it ) . Plus you have the matching lifters you need to go with it and your on a tight budget . As far as the intake ? Like what Mob just said . Try it and if you come across a good deal on a better one later on that you want to try , then go for it and if you like that one better then sell this one . Win , Win .

Me personally , I don't like Crane cams in a Mopar . But think about it . You have it , It's definitely better then the stock one you have now ( By the way , check that when you pull it ) . Plus you have the matching lifters you need to go with it and your on a tight budget . As far as the intake ? Like what Mob just said . Try it and if you come across a good deal on a better one later on that you want to try , then go for it and if you like that one better then sell this one . Win , Win .

Agreed guys. But before I do anything else I have to raise some extra funds for a cowl hood. Found a guy that is going to sell me his 3" cowl xj hood for 200 bucks plus I provide a stock hood for him. Its a hell of a deal. They don't make jeep xj cowl hoods anymore. And when they did they were over 500 bucks. I need it badddd lol

0320162108.jpg

I need it badddd lol
LOL ! You sound like me trying to talk my wife into something for my Warlock ! lol Honey , I "NEED" those big Sportsman tires for the back of the truck . .. Honey , I "NEED" that NOS system for the truck . Honey , I "NEED" ......... :) LOL

LOL ! You sound like me trying to talk my wife into something for my Warlock ! lol Honey , I "NEED" those big Sportsman tires for the back of the truck . .. Honey , I "NEED" that NOS system for the truck . Honey , I "NEED" ......... :) LOL

Hahahahaha exactly. But I really do. When it rains I don't really drive it because the air cleaner is exposed. And I did my first burnout in the jeep yesterday. Man! What a difference in power! Straight roasted 1 of the tires hahahaha (yes only 1) with very little effort. Can't wait to make some real power. Welding the rear soon. I've got a burnout contest coming up

With that Weld-a-Trac you will need a supply of axles and a piece of pipe with a noose made of clothesline wire in it to get the stubs out. It will only wheel hop a few times before a axle kicks out.
Have fun & make sure no one stands close to you when you do your burn out, when they come out they are long & sharp & imagine how fast they are moving

With that Weld-a-Trac you will need a supply of axles and a piece of pipe with a noose made of clothesline wire in it to get the stubs out. It will only wheel hop a few times before a axle kicks out.
Have fun & make sure no one stands close to you when you do your burn out, when they come out they are long & sharp & imagine how fast they are moving

I've welded a bunch of 8.25's and never had that happen. Plus I'm switching to a 8.8 so this rear is gonna get scrapped anyway

Hahahahaha exactly. But I really do. When it rains I don't really drive it because the air cleaner is exposed.
lol , Yeah I can understand that . I was just joking with you . "But" you really did sound like me . lol And as far as me understanding ? This is what I drove for many , many years .
100_1588.jpg

It was all show, no go, right? Lol.
lol Yeah , I only got into the 9's in the quarter with that slug and I ever did get to make a full pass with the bottle in the trunk . :(:)

The 9's?? Is that all it would do?? Sheesh, not a one of mine that won't do at least the 14's...... Come on, get with the program here.

I had a wagon that did 20's, once it went high 19's making hot laps.

Lmao. My last jeep did high 15's with 31's(no burnout) and mid 14's with stock tires and a nice roast. Can't wait to see what this one can do. I had a 94 s10 that used to run 17's. 4 banger 5 speed. It would get the worst wheel hop in the burnout box and the tailgate would come un latched and cause a scene. Was funny as hell to watch though

Sorry Bear, just hadda do it. :angelic:
Yeah ... yeah , I know . You couldn't resist . :) It was a fun ride though , I miss it . Honestly I think that's one of the reasons why I'm doing the Warlock the way I am .

Lmao. My last jeep did high 15's with 31's(no burnout) and mid 14's with stock tires and a nice roast. Can't wait to see what this one can do. I had a 94 s10 that used to run 17's. 4 banger 5 speed. It would get the worst wheel hop in the burnout box and the tailgate would come un latched and cause a scene. Was funny as hell to watch though
I'm thinking with the cam and heads you got . With the right tire , high 12's low 13's . You should see what size tire will fit under that and maybe look out for a used pair of slick's . Do you think a pair of 29/10.5's will fit . That's a pretty common size .

Back