• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

94 jeep xj with d100 5.9-727 combo

Wow ! It look's like you dumped half your tank on the ground ! Good thing nothing caught on fire . Keep looking you'll find something . Did you think about checking to see what a rebuilt Eddy go's for ?

Well I went to a fun Ford weekend on Saturday. Bought a demon 625cfm elec choke road demon Brand new with matching dual feed line. What do you guys think of this carb? No, I didn't pay retail lol

0305161714.jpg

Now you just need an intake and you'll be cruising in no time . :cool: Before you start tearing into anything though , you might want to see if you need any sort of throttle cable & kick down adapter .

Now you just need an intake and you'll be cruising in no time . :cool: Before you start tearing into anything though , you might want to see if you need any sort of throttle cable & kick down adapter .
Steal the one that you are using now!

How would I know if I need an adapter? I know the previous owner had to modify a kick down lever out of a van I think to make it work. Are there universal kits that come with different pieces?

So I checked the timing last night and I swear it like 20° out. It runs fine but Has a hiccup under heavy load sometimes. And tries to keep running a bit when I shut her off. Would the timing being It that far do that? Should it even be running with it that far out lol? The distributor is tight btw

How would I know if I need an adapter? I know the previous owner had to modify a kick down lever out of a van I think to make it work. Are there universal kits that come with different pieces?
Honestly , I like the Lokar throttle and kicked down set up's . It's simple and clean looking . That would kill two birds with one stone so to speak .

If your current setup works, 2bbl Correct, you need to lengthen it and move it out towards the valve cover. That is all I've ever done when going from 2bbl to 4 bbl. Can post pics tomorrow.

If your current setup works, 2bbl Correct, you need to lengthen it and move it out towards the valve cover. That is all I've ever done when going from 2bbl to 4 bbl. Can post pics tomorrow.

Pics would be awesome! Thank you. And there is a vac line going to the dizzy, that is for vacuum advance correct? Could that be making my timing go almost 20° out of wack when it's idleing? It does idle at prob 2k when in park

The vacuum be hooked up to a port that only draws vacuum under load. Not constant. You should have another port to plug into.

Sorry, should have mentioned it is plugged into a port on the carb. Just don't know why my timing would be that far out and still run ok

Sorry, should have mentioned it is plugged into a port on the carb. Just don't know why my timing would be that far out and still run ok
There is a constant and a timed (I think that's what it's called) vacuum port on carbs. Find the one that is not being used and switch your hose to that port. Also make sure all unused ports are covered

To get back to your throttle cable question . A lot of how you do it , how easy it's going to be and how well it works afterword's is going to depend on what style kick down rod you have . This is the last set up I modified when I swapped from a 2 bbl. to a 4bbl. . Hope the before and after pictures help .
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG

To get back to your throttle cable question . A lot of how you do it , how easy it's going to be and how well it works afterword's is going to depend on what style kick down rod you have . This is the last set up I modified when I swapped from a 2 bbl. to a 4bbl. . Hope the before and after pictures help .View attachment 6412 View attachment 6413 View attachment 6414
What the hell is with that paint? Just kidding, I just never touch it after I modify it!

What intake is that bear?
It was a dual plain I got for the other Warlock I had ( Big Red ) . I can't remember what brand it was but it worked real good on that truck .

Ok. So I have found a old mopar guy that works at a dealership I work at. He managed to diagnose and fix a few problems I had. The vacuum advance was hooked up to manifold vacuum instead of spark port vacuum. That's why it was so advanced at idle. And the a.c. was holed up to the spark port instead of manifold. That's why it only worked under throttle. He also identified a dead cylinder. Prob a bad lifter he said. So now to my next question. What would be a good size cam to run?

Did you find an intake yet ? As for the cam , since this is your daily driver as well as your go fast weekend ride . I'd say go with one with a profile that starts at idle and go's up from there . "Remember" , in this case bigger won't be better . Your going to need something that you can use your stock converter and valve springs with and has pretty good road manners . Just my two cents .

Did you find an intake yet ? As for the cam , since this is your daily driver as well as your go fast weekend ride . I'd say go with one with a profile that starts at idle and go's up from there . "Remember" , in this case bigger won't be better . Your going to need something that you can use your stock converter and valve springs with and has pretty good road manners . Just my two cents .
Check out some modern cam grinds similar to a .484 purple shaft (Mopar cam). The .484 is what i have in my 440 and it's got some more grunt but behaves around town, easy driving setup. The downside is it is a 40 some year old design. They've gotten much better options that can give you more lift and keep the good driving manners. Look online at comp cams (or whomever) and plug in your info and it will give some recommendations, young can go from there.

Back