• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

94 jeep xj with d100 5.9-727 combo

No, it was a free Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser, full size with a 307. It was actually in really nice shape.
I actually like the old Old's . I've owned a few of them back in the day myself . When I first met my wife I had a 67 2 door Cutlass that I used to terrorize the streets with .

I actually like the old Old's . I've owned a few of them back in the day myself . When I first met my wife I had a 67 2 door Cutlass that I used to terrorize the streets with .
Mine was an 88, or 87, whatever the last year they made the full size square ones.

Bear what were you using for air cleaners in that bug catcher?
I did have two small round ones in there for a while . Then I decided that they where to restrictive . So I sealed the bottom around the throats of the carbs and made it RAM air . So every square inch of air was getting RAMMED down the throat of those carbs . And before you say it , NO I never had any issues with running no air filters .

upload_2016-4-8_22-20-53.png
been trying to figure out how to put a big enough cleaner in this for the 68 Charger RT. Need 700 cfm but will not get it out of that little thing. Talked to someone who sucked a bird down his supercharge with no cleaners. He found a filter plug for the end. I have had no such luck with this one.

I'm thinking with the cam and heads you got . With the right tire , high 12's low 13's . You should see what size tire will fit under that and maybe look out for a used pair of slick's . Do you think a pair of 29/10.5's will fit . That's a pretty common size .

I'm running 275's right now on a 7" rim lol. Will be getting 15x10's eventually. Was thinking of doing drag radials first and seeing were that gets me. Maybe a set of used slicks for the track. But it is my dd and it rains out of nowhere here in FL.

In LA (Lower Alabama) around Grand Bay/Bayou La Batre area in the summer you can tell time by the rain because around 3 PM every day it rains for 10-15 minutes & goes away

I'm running 275's right now on a 7" rim lol. Will be getting 15x10's eventually. Was thinking of doing drag radials first and seeing were that gets me. Maybe a set of used slicks for the track. But it is my dd and it rains out of nowhere here in FL.
Oh I know what the rain is like down there . Been there many times . You can be driving down 95 and the sun is out on the south bound side and pouring rain on the north bound side . lol That's why you have your street tires and you bring your drag slicks or whatever and put them on while your there in the pits .

View attachment 6623been trying to figure out how to put a big enough cleaner in this for the 68 Charger RT. Need 700 cfm but will not get it out of that little thing. Talked to someone who sucked a bird down his supercharge with no cleaners. He found a filter plug for the end. I have had no such luck with this one.
I messed around with a bunch of different thing's with the Gasser I ran . Is the bottom of that open on either side of the air filter base ?

I messed around with a bunch of different thing's with the Gasser I ran . Is the bottom of that open on either side of the air filter base ?
Have no base at this time. Have been thinking of mounting it some how to a factory air cleaner. Something like the shaker scoop.

Have no base at this time. Have been thinking of mounting it some how to a factory air cleaner. Something like the shaker scoop.
What , there was no base plate that fit's the bottom of that to the top of the carb ?

What , there was no base plate that fit's the bottom of that to the top of the carb ?
There is one available. But I did not get one with the scoop. Am planing on using it on top of a TQ. The scoop base opening is 15.75" x 5.25" which made the original base plate worthless when sitting on top the TQ.

There is one available. But I did not get one with the scoop. Am planing on using it on top of a TQ. The scoop base opening is 15.75" x 5.25" which made the original base plate worthless when sitting on top the TQ.
Maybe yours is different then the one had bought for my Charger . Because I did buy one like yours as well , before the gasser scoop . I didn't use it because I didn't like the way it looked on the tunnel ram . But the base I got with it was more then tall enough to clear pretty much any 4 bbl. carbs and gave a mounting point from carbs to the housing . When it came to the air filter's them selves . Well that was always another story whether it was the scoop your using or the gasser style that I ended up sticking with . The round paper ones like in your picture , I hated . Especially in my case because the air had to go thru the front filter to get to the second filter . I had tried a "few" different things . Shorter filters ( Nope , not enough air flow for my HP ) , Made up a flat foam filter sandwiched between screens (Not to bad , but hope your carb never spits a flame) and a few other things that I can't think of right now . ........ To DeepJeep , Sorry if it looks like where highjacking your thread with this . It's not meant too .

When I find some time I will start a new thread with some pictures of what is in the planning stage.

When I find some time I will start a new thread with some pictures of what is in the planning stage.
Good idea . When you start the thread , It will also be helpful to let us know what your plans are like if your going to want this to come thru the hood or is it going to stay under it . Stuff like that . :) I'm sure with the gear heads on this site , we should be able to throw a few ideas around . :)

Back