• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

Having my cup of Wild Bean .....flat white with a caramel shot. Treat for the 6 hours I spent yesterday cleaning my yard. Mowing and trimming....a good clean up.

20220103_112935.jpg

I used to do 2-3 of these a day when I was servicing Govt rental homes a few years ago. Kept me alert and ready for action.....whether that be work, or running for my life thanks to gangs and drug dealers.

Last edited:
$1.19 Fufu today, I got my morning cup, but the machine wasn't working after I got done with work. It would have been nice if the kid I told would have told me no one knew what to do, I sat there waiting for someone to punch in a code for five minutes before I figured out I wasn't getting my second cheap Fufu. :banghead:

2 cups to get moving this morning, I started the crown molding in the hallway. I bought it last year and thought I had plenty, but it looks like I may be short. The place I got it from doesn't have it anymore. Anyone have a board stretcher? Lol

I had four cups yesterday and on Friday. Gonna open a new bag of Death Wish, Dunkin ain't cutting it.

2 cups to get moving then I went to work on my truck. I had to replace the ignition lock cylinder Tuesday night, it's not available with new keys and preassembled so I had to take it apart put the tumblers in a line then assemble the new cylinder with matching new tumblers. I got that built and installed, but when I got home I noticed the door locks and the drivers window didn't work😧 I thought what happened.....
I checked my work on the cylinder this morning and I didn't see anything I screwed up, so I started testing the window switch and lock switch. I found that I could operate the passenger side but not the drivers side by jumping wires. I pulled the drivers door panel to check the wiring and then found this.....

InkedDoor wire_LI.jpg

One of the window wires was rubbed through and touching the metal edge. Taped it up, reconnected the switch, door locks and drivers window are working again.
Not sure what was going on in the switch, but with that wire grounded it was causing havoc

It's after 9pm, and I'm still jacked up from the three cups I had earlier today. Death Wish sure packs a punch!

I had my coffee maker all set to start yesterday morning at 6:10, when I checked on it after a bit to grab a cup it was cold and no coffee??? The dang thing died and I think it was only about 4 years old. My son went to work Friday morning and must have been talking about it and his boss gave him this.......

Bunn.jpg

His boss replaced it with Keurig and it was just chilling on a back shelve at the auto parts he works at. So thanks to his boss we have a new to us Bunn, a little cleaning, ran 2 quarts of vinegar through it, about 5 pots of water after the vinegar and we have a working coffee maker again

My brother came in from Iowa on Friday so I could work on his wife's Charger, started Saturday with the 2 of us pounding a pot of coffee then we went to the shop where I replaced the front lower control arms, lower ball joints, upper control arms/ball joints, front struts on both sides and turned the front rotors. his wife says it feels like a different car. It really wasn't that bad, but with the ball joints getting loose in the front lower control arms she was hearing a clunk on bumps and was tried of it. They headed back Sunday happy with her car

My brother came in from Iowa on Friday so I could work on his wife's Charger, started Saturday with the 2 of us pounding a pot of coffee then we went to the shop where I replaced the front lower control arms, lower ball joints, upper control arms/ball joints, front struts on both sides and turned the front rotors. his wife says it feels like a different car. It really wasn't that bad, but with the ball joints getting loose in the front lower control arms she was hearing a clunk on bumps and was tried of it. They headed back Sunday happy with her car
That's more than I've done all year, and you did it in an afternoon. That just gave me an idea, schedule my days off in hours blocks like a shop. That would be more structured than my list of things to get done, that never get done.

Good thing I have my Death Wish coffee. And for a change of pace, I have some Black Rifle Coffee Co. cold energy drinks, Mocha and Vanilla with 300mg of caffeine! That's six cups of coffee in one 16oz can, I drink one a day at work, and that's over 4-6 hours.

I get to put this pile of parts in my trailer, and move the car to the other storage unit, so I can put the wagon in its place. Step one in getting the truck on the road, keeping a mobile vehicle in front of it.

As many parts as will fit will go into the trailer, so I can finally get and install some shelving to clean up the mess.

I'll be busy the next two days.

PXL_20221023_042453466.jpg

That's more than I've done all year, and you did it in an afternoon. That just gave me an idea, schedule my days off in hours blocks like a shop. That would be more structured than my list of things to get done, that never get done.

Good thing I have my Death Wish coffee. And for a change of pace, I have some Black Rifle Coffee Co. cold energy drinks, Mocha and Vanilla with 300mg of caffeine! That's six cups of coffee in one 16oz can, I drink one a day at work, and that's over 4-6 hours.

I get to put this pile of parts in my trailer, and move the car to the other storage unit, so I can put the wagon in its place. Step one in getting the truck on the road, keeping a mobile vehicle in front of it.

As many parts as will fit will go into the trailer, so I can finally get and install some shelving to clean up the mess.

I'll be busy the next two days.

View attachment 21780
It looks like you have your work cut out for you

Maintenance kind of day, took my Colorado to the shop to change the oil and found a water pump leaking. Got both taken care of, came home and started on a friends trailer. I have to repack the wheel bearings, check the brakes, change the lights and rewire it. I pulled the left side wheels, cleaned the bearings, checked the brake (rear axle only). I forgot to bring home wheel bearing grease, so I moved on to the 98 Chevy 2500. I had to change the rear axle U-bolts, one was broke on the right side and both on the left. Rusted through from years of winter here in the rust belt

Maintenance kind of day, took my Colorado to the shop to change the oil and found a water pump leaking. Got both taken care of, came home and started on a friends trailer. I have to repack the wheel bearings, check the brakes, change the lights and rewire it. I pulled the left side wheels, cleaned the bearings, checked the brake (rear axle only). I forgot to bring home wheel bearing grease, so I moved on to the 98 Chevy 2500. I had to change the rear axle U-bolts, one was broke on the right side and both on the left. Rusted through from years of winter here in the rust belt
Speaking of Colorado's, I just picked this 06 up today. Nice shape and it has spent most of it's winters in Arizona.

rydel colorado.png

No more Dakota?
I still have both of my 96's. I will sell the 2 wheeler first and keep the 4 wheeler until I get a couple vehicle cycled through body shop. The wife's suv has a nasty scrape and my kids car needs a drivers fender.

2 cups to get moving then I went to work on my truck. I had to replace the ignition lock cylinder Tuesday night, it's not available with new keys and preassembled so I had to take it apart put the tumblers in a line then assemble the new cylinder with matching new tumblers. I got that built and installed, but when I got home I noticed the door locks and the drivers window didn't work😧 I thought what happened.....
I checked my work on the cylinder this morning and I didn't see anything I screwed up, so I started testing the window switch and lock switch. I found that I could operate the passenger side but not the drivers side by jumping wires. I pulled the drivers door panel to check the wiring and then found this.....

View attachment 20588
One of the window wires was rubbed through and touching the metal edge. Taped it up, reconnected the switch, door locks and drivers window are working again.
Not sure what was going on in the switch, but with that wire grounded it was causing havoc
I kept blowing fuses a few years ago in my A100. Turns out that part of the loom for the lights and wipers was close to the wiper traverse arm under the cowl....well, after a few miles, that loom was rubbed through and eventually cut down to copper on one light feed.
Found the rub, and opened the loom, taped up (I'm going to redo it one day soon) and away we go.

It is good practice when making custom looms to make sure there are no rub or contact points with potential to move or vibrate.

Getting my morning coffee in a few minutes.

Back