• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

I cheated and had a Black Rifle Coffee espresso, I should have plenty of energy to move some parts around.

I kept blowing fuses a few years ago in my A100. Turns out that part of the loom for the lights and wipers was close to the wiper traverse arm under the cowl....well, after a few miles, that loom was rubbed through and eventually cut down to copper on one light feed.
Found the rub, and opened the loom, taped up (I'm going to redo it one day soon) and away we go.

It is good practice when making custom looms to make sure there are no rub or contact points with potential to move or vibrate.

Getting my morning coffee in a few minutes.
The wiring harness on my Belvedere found ground in one of those squeeze clips on the VC. Just happened to be the alternator wire and it blew out the fusible link. Was on my way home and luckily, I hadn't driven out of the refinery yet and was close to back gate so didn't have to walk very far to get to a phone. No cell phone at the time. In fact, management didn't want them in the refinery but relaxed that rule later on. I'm just glad it didn't do much damage to the harness.

I had to have my blood drawn this morning after a 12 hr fast so I had to wait to get home before getting my brew on. I had 2 cups and then went out to finish repacking the wheel bearings on a friends trailer. It only has brakes on the rear axle, I checked them and they have plenty of shoe and the magnets work. I have to rewire it and replace the lights also

had to have my blood drawn this morning after a 12 hr fast
I have an eye surgery coming up !and had blood work done. Came out ok, but my doctor wants me to have another test after I fast, I've had a low platelet count for a while, and he wants to monitor it yearly. Getting old is fun.

I have an eye surgery coming up !and had blood work done. Came out ok, but my doctor wants me to have another test after I fast, I've had a low platelet count for a while, and he wants to monitor it yearly. Getting old is fun.
The Golden years are coming

Started the day with 3 cups and went in to the shop to put a radiator in a 08 Impala SS. My son's brother in law owns it, he came back from collage to get it repaired

I saw this today, I don't know what he is going to do with it though. The shop it's at deals in Subaru's, he buy's wrecks and parts them out.

Viper.jpg

Something cool my boss picked up, it's been around a while.

Piston.jpg

I saw this today, I don't know what he is going to do with it though. The shop it's at deals in Subaru's, he buy's wrecks and parts them out.

View attachment 21895

Something cool my boss picked up, it's been around a while.

View attachment 21896
I don't think it's a good thing you can see the rockers on the Viper.

A little difference in Top Fuel piston design over the years. This one came out of Tony Schumacher's car back in 2017.

PXL_20221114_034457530.jpg

PXL_20221114_034517749.jpg

Nice. Hard to believe it's a top fuel piston. It looks like it came out of my old 241 Red Ram.
When I left my ex, I took this, she didn't deserve it. I stuck it in my truck behind the seat. I couldn't remember where I put it for two years, until I cleaned the truck out this fall. I hid it so good, I hid it from myself. Wish I would have found it sooner, those spots weren't there when it went in the truck.

Had my eye surgery, it went well and the eye is going good. My dad chauffered me to my follow up appointment this morning, and I saw his gas gauge was on E. At the line. Told him to pull in and I'd fill the tank for his services. To my surprise they had a Fufu coffee machine that was stocked with Caribou coffee grounds, so I got a mint mocha. (Caribou is the Minnesota equivalent to Starbucks, and I feel a better product. Plus I'm a Homersotan, gotta support MN businesses) I should have not selected the mint option, it didn't do anything for me. But I had plenty of energy to drive the 2 hours home! I'm glad I don't pay $4.29 for a coffee everyday. But I do pay $3 for my can of cold espresso. :bucktooth:

Had my eye surgery, it went well and the eye is going good. My dad chauffered me to my follow up appointment this morning, and I saw his gas gauge was on E. At the line. Told him to pull in and I'd fill the tank for his services. To my surprise they had a Fufu coffee machine that was stocked with Caribou coffee grounds, so I got a mint mocha. (Caribou is the Minnesota equivalent to Starbucks, and I feel a better product. Plus I'm a Homersotan, gotta support MN businesses) I should have not selected the mint option, it didn't do anything for me. But I had plenty of energy to drive the 2 hours home! I'm glad I don't pay $4.29 for a coffee everyday. But I do pay $3 for my can of cold espresso. :bucktooth:
Good to hear your eye appointment went well.

Fingers crossed I get my center caps today. They are in town, Whether they get delivered will be a different story.

center caps.jpg

Saturday was cold, I started with 2 cups of joe to get motivated. A friend of mine needed a idler pulley changed on one of his company work trucks. He has a 05 Lincoln Aviator his crew uses to go from job to job. He has a small construction company. I went out to where the truck was at and turned out it needed one idler pulley and the tensioner assembly. I got them swapped out and then met my nephew at the shop to work on his 96 Camaro. Changed the rear diff fluid, trans mount, repaired the wire for knock sensor, repaired the wire connector for the LF abs sensor. He is learning as we go and we have a couple of things left to finish and it will be a good driver. 3800 with a 5speed he is learning to drive it and is doing great for a 16yr old, just needs more practice

Fingers crossed I get my center caps today. They are in town, Whether they get delivered will be a different story.

View attachment 21910
Well the caps are really nice but they won't fit. The seller on E bay says he accepts returns so we will see how that goes. Damn, I spent hours on the net yesterday looking for caps. None to be found that size. The wheels must be some weird, outdated offbrand. MB Motoring brand with a 100.3 mm center hole as far as I can tell.

Well the caps are really nice but they won't fit. The seller on E bay says he accepts returns so we will see how that goes. Damn, I spent hours on the net yesterday looking for caps. None to be found that size. The wheels must be some weird, outdated offbrand. MB Motoring brand with a 100.3 mm center hole as far as I can tell.
I had to use the attachment bar from the Cragar SS rims when I put caps on my Cragar GT rims. They changed the way they mount them and I'd have been screwed if I wouldn't have had the SS set.

Back