• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

I had to use the attachment bar from the Cragar SS rims when I put caps on my Cragar GT rims. They changed the way they mount them and I'd have been screwed if I wouldn't have had the SS set.
I might try some push through caps. Made out of spun stainless with a little lip on the back. Pull the wheels and stuff them in. Most are blain but a sticker in the center may spruce them up a bit.

Started the morning with 2 cups and then helped my wife get dinner for today together. Stuffed the bird, got it in the oven, ham in the roaster, pealed the potatoes, washed some dishes.

I reheated some pizza before abandoning the pooches. Slowly sipping my Black Rifle espresso, first day (night) back to work after a two week vacation. Romeo was trying to tell me I couldn't go, he barked sadly when I got my work clothes on! I'll have to I take them for a big walk in the morning! Get double pay for working both holiday days go Thanksgiving, then I have another 5 days off, I've worked a week and his month!

Got called in twice over the weekend, which paid me double time! That extra will cover my remaining property tax payment for the year, which means I'll have more money for an engine rebuild, and restocking my Black Rifle espresso. Only had to drink one each night to stay awake, not bad for having an inconsistent schedule the previous week.

Saturday I helped a friend move, coffee, donuts and burritos got us moving. Spent most of the day loading and unloading. Got home to watch the end of the Michigan - Ohio state game. Go blue. My wife wanted icicle lights put up, but it rained all day Sunday. I put then up tonight after work, at least it was just the front of the house.

Started the morning with 2 cups of joe, I took the wife's Torrent to work, changed the engine oil, trans oil, rotated the tires and checked the air bag light. That will require further testing and I didn't feel like getting into that today. I have to put up our Christmas tree some time

Started the morning with 2 cups of joe, I took the wife's Torrent to work, changed the engine oil, trans oil, rotated the tires and checked the air bag light. That will require further testing and I didn't feel like getting into that today. I have to put up our Christmas tree some time
I got the tree up yesterday. (that took 2 days) It's a prelit one with white lights so I put a few strings of colored lights on. Dang, I think I added 400 lights to it. I have the marathon cold that is going around so I don't get much done.

I got the tree up yesterday. (that took 2 days) It's a prelit one with white lights so I put a few strings of colored lights on. Dang, I think I added 400 lights to it. I have the marathon cold that is going around so I don't get much done.
This tree is also prelit, but the lights quit on it last year and I haven't tried to troubleshoot it yet. I just strung lights on it last year and will probably do the same again this year unless I get really ambitious

I think this thread fell asleep:)

So this morning I started off with 2 cups of joe for motivation and got ready to install a Borgeson steering box and Saginaw P/S pump on my father in laws 65 Sport Fury. Pulling the old box was easy and modifying the end of the steering column for the coupler wasn't too bad. I ran into a issue with the P/S pump mounting. The 65 big block in a C body uses a 1 year only LF side motor mount and the back of the pump hit the mount. This is when the fabrication started.

This is the old box after I removed the pitman arm

Spory Fury 3.jpg

This is the box and the shaft at the column coupler

Sport Fury 2.jpg

Sport Fury 1.jpg

This is the shaft after the lower coupler has been removed, the shaft shortened, the Borgeson joint fitted, drilled and the roll pins drove in.

Sport Fury 4.jpg

I have the box installed and the shaft remounted and this is when I noticed I had a issue with the motor mount clearance

Spory Fury 5.jpg

You can see how close the return fitting is and the pump bracket isn't even tightened up yet

Sport Fury 6.jpg

Here is the modified mount and the lines installed. I didn't think to get a picture of the mount before I installed it. I was in the grove and just forgot

Sport Fury 7.jpg

The box, coupler and modified mount

Sport Fury 8.jpg

The coupler, shaft and the cover reinstalled

Sport Fury 9.jpg

The pump mounted, tight, belt on and engine running

Sport Fury 10.jpg

I also had to replace the battery, it didn't survive this winter. 3 years old and it wouldn't take a charge. Father in Law drove it home and is very happy, drive much better. I had a lot of wander before and had to chase the wheel a lot. Just need to have the alignment checked, Borgeson wants 3-4 degrees of positive caster.

So I worked on this last Saturday after a half pot of coffee to get me going. I belongs to my son's boss

T bucket 2.jpg

T bucket 3.jpg

He rewired the whole car with an American auto wire kit, but was having trouble wiring the turn signals.

T bucket 1.jpg

I removed the switch that was in the column to test the circuits, I found that it was bad and finally located what it was from. The column was from a GM, the switch fits 64-66 Gm truck/full-size car, corvette, 64-65 corvair/nova. I had to wire it to the harness. Rewire the tail lights, they are LED and can be wired to use 3 wire or 2 wire input. I then figured out we needed a electronic flasher also. Using LED's in the front and rear, there isn't enough load on the flasher to make it flash. Electronic flasher fixed it, lights all work, turn signals and brake lights. He is one happy camper

Had a Mountain dew for the first time in ages last night at work, that crap is thick! That did enough that I only sucked down half of my Black Rifle coffee drink. I rode that energy wave after work and took out the sway bar for the Monaco wagon. Both links were bent and one was missing the bushing. I'll see if I can't harvest a pair of links from my parts cars tomorrow.

The De'Longhi Primadonna Soul Automatic Espresso Machine

1686872700537.png

The advertising on TV sucked me in.......wife loves it.

The De'Longhi Primadonna Soul Automatic Espresso Machine

View attachment 22819

The advertising on TV sucked me in.......wife loves it.

I like my Fufu, not quite that much! I looked it up, those are some pricey machines! But if you are a serious Fufu drinker, the price is worth it. Maybe after I get some more cars on the road, I'll think about getting one, it's more my style than the standard brewed coffee.

Last edited:
2 cups of coffee to get me motivated this morning, I went and mowed the church with my boy. I finally changed the oil in the Colorado and found this in the air box

Mouse nest.jpg

They must have been busy, I drive this truck just about every day. The only time it sat was when I had to plow snow this last winter, I would plow in the morning at work and drive it back to work after truck

2 cups of coffee to get me motivated this morning, I went and mowed the church with my boy. I finally changed the oil in the Colorado and found this in the air box

View attachment 22820

They must have been busy, I drive this truck just about every day. The only time it sat was when I had to plow snow this last winter, I would plow in the morning at work and drive it back to work after truck
Squirrels or mice do that? That's a lot of bedding material.

Saturday morning started with a little breakfast, 3 cups of coffee, then I dove into frame repair on my Colorado. The bushing for the leaf spring shackle was coming off the frame because of rot.

This is the inside of the passenger side frame rail where the bushing sits, the top of the shackle can been seen in the bottom of the pic

Frame before.jpg

Part of the inner frame rail
Frame before 2.jpg

Here is the bushing again and the hitch

Frame before 3.jpg

This is the bumper bracket, the side of the hitch can be seen in the background. The bumper bolts actually came out. I cut the hitch off, I don't think I am goint to put it back on. I use my plow truck if I need to tow anything.

Frame before 4.jpg

This is the inside of the frame after the repair, the back side of the bumper bracket

Colorado frame pic.jpg

Repaired frame rail and shackle bushing welded back in place

Colorado frame pic 3.jpg

More of the repaired frame rail

Colorado frame pic 4.jpg

More of the repair

Colorado frame 5.jpg

The outside of the bumper bracket

Colorado frame pic 2.jpg

Some of the welds are not my best work and don't look the prettiest, but they are strong

I went to my local Tool shop and checked out there welding department. I am thinking about the Mig 180 Amp model - takes a 15 pound spool, which is tons, and I can use gas also. Bottles of gas are on a Buy & exchange basis when required - buy one bottle, then get an exchange one when empty. That is what most guys do around here apparently now. The big Gas suppliers made it too difficult for the little guy doing small jobbing work.

Back