• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Had to replace a tire on the Charger, picked up a nail right at the tread/shoulder section. I thought it was a rim, which would have been cheaper! $400 for a new Pirelli P Zero. Ouch!

PXL_20230508_015438713.TS_exported_3659_1683516016918.jpg

Rained yesterday through the afternoon, and rained again this morning. So I took the Charger for a free car wash to and from breakfast.

PXL_20230512_164945482.jpg

Saw my coworker in his '16 Camaro right after I put my car back in storage. Glad to know there's two cars in town that don't melt.

Clouds roller in about 8 last night. Thunder and lightning. Lots of noise. Not sure how much rain. All that disrupts the Internet.

Temps have been up and down this week. 70's today and then the rain rolled in. Thunderstorms were forecasted, but it just rained. Nothing severe.

Last night I had to change the rear u-joint in my Colorado. Wednesday night I was pulling up to my driveway and instead of turning in, I drove to my mailbox. I didn't make it, the truck stopped moving and when I put it in park I could here the parking pawl ratcheting. I looked under and saw fluid dripping from the transfer case, I looked at the rear diff and saw just the rear yoke..... where was the drive shaft. I looked behind the truck and laying in the road about 30 feet back was the driveshaft.

I have a customer that had a Canyon and he had the rear driveshaft come out twice on him due to bad u-joints. I thought how didn't you hear it or feel a vibration.
I stopped at the neighbors on my way home and when backing up I heard a clunk. I didn't think much of it and didn't hear any big noises when driving away, I never had any bad vibrations.

This is the joint I removed, not badly worn, little rusty and I would have thought it would have squeaked

U joint.jpg

U joint 2.jpg

Here is the yoke, the one cap must have worked it's way out and that's how the shaft fell out. Inside clips on the caps in the yoke, I guess one of the clips came off??

Colorado yoke.jpg

Colorado yoke 2.jpg

New joint installed and back together

Driveshaft.jpg

Someone's blowing hot air up here. Stop it now! Why are we getting above 80 degrees. Well that's normal and I will just have to get used to it. 90 will be coming soon enough. The garden could use some water with this heat. But then the lawn would just need to be mowed. I simply need to retire.

Went fishing today. lost two lures and one float. Caught one disposed of bait can. Hardly worth the time other than the nap that snuck in.

Went fishing today. lost two lures and one float. Caught one disposed of bait can. Hardly worth the time other than the nap that snuck in.
At least you caught something! I always loved those days when I donated my supplies to the bottom of the lake.

Been in or near the low 80's for.almost a week. Got a couple.raim showers today, may e a few more in the next few days. Big Mopar show Friday through Sunday, taking the Charger up Friday, and the Monaco on Saturday. Need to throw a water pump in the Monaco real quick, luckily I shouldn't have to remove the alternator or power steering pump.

Great weather this weekend, today was in the 80's. Tomorrow is forecasted to be in the 80's and Thursday close to 90. We need rain though and it doesn't look like any is coming any time soon

At least you caught something! I always loved those days when I donated my supplies to the bottom of the lake.
We donated a few supplies ourselves. I hope the cat my son caught figures out how to untangle himself from a submerged tree. I would have rather had him in a frying pan.

Back