• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

We just got a shower. The garden and grass needed it. It lasted over a hour. We have a few shows we want to go to here also. I am down to spectator statues. Unless they want to see beat up old trucks.

Hot, and it also got humid. Been in the 80's for a week or so, and will continue to stay there for some time.

Been 80's the last few days and yesterday was almost 90. Still wanting some rain, but it doesn't look like any until next weekend. I hope the forecast is wrong.

Another nice sunny day, I got the mowing done and started cleaning my shed some. I have a ways to go though. I found this laying between my house and A/C compressor

Dead 1.jpg

What's left of a possum I think

Dead 2.jpg

Dead 3.jpg

Another great day, sunny, a little haze from the forest fires, it cooled down a little also. Mid 70's with a nice breeze. This coming week is forecasted to be a little cooler, 70's instead of 80's. No rain until the weekend though

Wind is still shifting. Went from the east yesterday morning to northeast it still moving counterclockwise. If not for the hot full suns heat it was a nice day. I will see what tomorrow brings when it gets here.
Started working on the old Dodge Avenger yesterday. First time in two years the radiator has had nothing in it. So far, no leaks, will see what happens when the battery gets charged enough to start it.

Started the Avenger today. After sitting two years it fired up on the first revolution. Still can't find any leak in the cooling system. Going to have to see what activates the fans other than A/C. Sat here a ran for 30 minutes, stayed cool with no problems. Will be picking up some seal in a tube for the trans to diff gear case tomorrow and some fluid. Already priced some new rear tires.

70's again today, still getting smoke from Canada that's making it hazy looking. Rain in the forecast for this weekend. Bring on the rain.

Finally the rain came, I don't know how much, it was forecasted 1/2" to 1". It's been a light rain, on and off all day. Temps are forecasted to be a little cooler this week

Been real nice working on the wagon these last few mornings, high 50's - low 60's. I'm sleeping during the upper 80's heat of midday.

75 after some rain last night into this morning. Brought the Charger back to it's home at the storage unit, then went and got supplies for the house at Wally world. Time tong t the dogs some exercise before I work on the wagon. Didn't bother going to the car show in town today, I was wiped out from an eight day stretch at work. I picked up a few days to pay for my storage, and I'm picking up a bunch more to get a ton of money in the bank. I'll only have three days off until July 9th, then I have a week and a half if vacation I'm taking. But I've been, and will be working on the fleet every day during that time!

I hope all the fathers had a great fathers day today, my baby boy and his wife came over to cook out. Great weather today, sunny and 70's. We still need more rain though, but none in the forecast until next Sunday

Very light rain Friday, today was warm and sunny. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow, we really need more rain. I spent most of the day today repairing the frame on my Colorado, the bushing mount for the rear spring shackle has pulled out of the frame due to rust.
Frame before.jpg

Colorado frame pic 3.jpg

This is after the repair

Very light rain Friday, today was warm and sunny. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow, we really need more rain. I spent most of the day today repairing the frame on my Colorado, the bushing mount for the rear spring shackle has pulled out of the frame due to rust.
View attachment 22832

View attachment 22831

This is after the repair
Thats likely the strongest part of the truck.

Back