• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Finally got some rain yesterday and a small amount today. Some more is forecasted for tomorrow, then it looks sunny for the rest of the week

We got an inch of rain over the weekend, and that helped cool things down into the mid 70's. Windows are still open, and my electricity bill is cut in half compared to last year this time. The dogs and inar used to it now, I'll see how long I go before turning the A/C back on.

It rained overnight and was a little cooler today, it's going to heat up by the weekend though.

All I have to send is heat and humidity. Like triple digit heat and humidity above 80%. Neather of what I like and would not even think of fourcing on someone.

Now to a better topic. Where is the best place to get steering column parts for an 83 Ram tilt column? I need two bears in the upper column housing. Chrysler service bearing kit #4147364, part diagram #19.

How two small parts can disable a vehicle when needed the most. I was supposed to haul out a load this week. But it's not happening now.

All I have to send is heat and humidity. Like triple digit heat and humidity above 80%. Neather of what I like and would not even think of fourcing on someone.

Now to a better topic. Where is the best place to get steering column parts for an 83 Ram tilt column? I need two bears in the upper column housing. Chrysler service bearing kit #4147364, part diagram #19.

How two small parts can disable a vehicle when needed the most. I was supposed to haul out a load this week. But it's not happening now.
I googled the part number and a few places have it

OEM Mopar 1984 - 1993 Jeep Steering Tilt Column Ignition Rack Lock Kit NOS for sale online | eBay
Chrysler Executive Limousine Rack. KIT - 4147364 | Amherst OH
Chrysler Executive Sedan Rack. KIT - 4147364 | Lindsay Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, Manassas VA
Upper Steering Column Rack Package GW 1974-1991

The bottom one may be aftermarket parts

Not really thrilled about spending that kind of money on two bearings when the rest is fine. If I needed the whole assembly, it would be different. But I just need two little but very necessary bearings. In fact i would not be afraid to reuse the top one at all. The cage on the bottom one is in three pieces and missing three balls.

Been nice for the most part, did get a little humid after the rain but nothing terrible. I was out with the dogs yesterday, and took the opportunity to lay on the grass and do some cloud watching while petting the furballs. I haven't done that in a minute.

PXL_20230630_005736921.jpg

Been nice for the most part, did get a little humid after the rain but nothing terrible. I was out with the dogs yesterday, and took the opportunity to lay on the grass and do some cloud watching while petting the furballs. I haven't done that in a minute.

View attachment 22852
That's a pretty clear sky as far as smoke. It must have all blown here. It is a erry light orange color sky here. It looks cloudy but it's just smoky. Enjoy the fresh air.

Hot and humid here with no relief so far. 9:04 PM and still 92F. Was at 100 with a 108 heat index this afternoon. We went shopping for truck parts.

I picked up the bearing for the 84 D150 tilt steering column. Did some research and found out Dodge purchased these columns from GM.
Steering Column Services wanted $66.10 for two bearings of the Dodge persuasion. LMC had the GM equivalent with some added pieces for less than $10.00. Boys someone's trying to shaft us for buying Chrysler parts. So if you are in need of tilt column upper shaft housing bearings go to LMC and purchase 34-0755 @ $9.78. These will work for 69-91. Now if I could just get all the other pieces back together.

That's a pretty clear sky as far as smoke. It must have all blown here. It is a erry light orange color sky here. It looks cloudy but it's just smoky. Enjoy the fresh air.
We've had plenty of hazy days, just happened to clear a little after the rain came through.

80's and humid today, went to the shop and finished frame repair on my Colorado. Drivers side frame had a couple of spots I didn't do last week.

We got a brief shower yesterday, enough to cool off by 10-15 degrees. Had a nice lightning show before I went to bed.

Cooled down to the low 70's, and got a little rain. Humidity is up, but it's fine. Windows are still open, and the money saved can be funneled to car parts!

We have stayed double digits all week. Got a little shower, enough to settle the dust anyway for part of a day. Can't complain to much about the weather.

Back