• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Day of rest. I did watch some work being done. Giving a foot a rest. I think it has a dislocated bone. Going to have it looked at sometime. They say it will not heal on its own.

Day of rest. I did watch some work being done. Giving a foot a rest. I think it has a dislocated bone. Going to have it looked at sometime. They say it will not heal on its own.
Bummer, sounds like foot surgery is in your future

Rained about half the day today. I need to get the church mower ready for the year and roll the grass prior to mowing. I still have to get my own mowers ready for the year. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow, but I hope it will hold off until late in the day

I need to order some blades for my mower, I hope this is the last batch of cold. 30's the last two days, mid 50's next week.

I got the church mower all ready yesterday morning. I started mowing around 11 and then it started to rain around 12. I finished by 1, rain only lasted about a 1/2 hour. I took the roller out this afternoon to roll the church and had about a 1/2 hour of sleet. 40-50's in the forecast for next week.

I'm going to be able to enjoy the sun, on my days off! 50's tomorrow and 60 or better Wednesday. I'll be shooting with a coworker on Wednesday, and I'll take him for a spin in the Charger, on nice wide open concrete roads with unlimited visibility, gonna be a fun day.

It's cool, jacket weather. Last Saturday I was moving around in a winter coat in the snow. Notice I mentioned nothing about running. This foot thing isn't getting any better. Hobbling around with the cane today. Don't like that thing at all but it gets me around.

It's raining right now and more rain is in the forecast for the next 4 days. Tomorrow I am going to swap out the steering box and p/s pump on the 65 Sport Fury for my father in law. He got a Borgeson kit, wanting a more modern feel.

It's raining right now and more rain is in the forecast for the next 4 days. Tomorrow I am going to swap out the steering box and p/s pump on the 65 Sport Fury for my father in law. He got a Borgeson kit, wanting a more modern feel.
Which more modern feel was he looking for? The electric assist, the jerk your getting out of your lane thing or something else?

I'm kind of fond of the feel of the road myself.

Rained all morning and let up by this afternoon

Which more modern feel was he looking for? The electric assist, the jerk your getting out of your lane thing or something else?

I'm kind of fond of the feel of the road myself.
He wanted it to feel tighter with less play/slop in the wheel. The front end is tight, it's just the steering box is getting worn. I could have sent the original box out to Firm Feel or Steer and Gear, but getting a Borgseon kit was a better option. 14:1 ratio, new steering box, new P/S pump, hoses and coupler. I think he has forgotten how his 65 drove back in 65-66, modern rack and pinion systems are so tight he may just be spoiled.

Rained all morning and let up by this afternoon

He wanted it to feel tighter with less play/slop in the wheel. The front end is tight, it's just the steering box is getting worn. I could have sent the original box out to Firm Feel or Steer and Gear, but getting a Borgseon kit was a better option. 14:1 ratio, new steering box, new P/S pump, hoses and coupler. I think he has forgotten how his 65 drove back in 65-66, modern rack and pinion systems are so tight he may just be spoiled.
I don't like the armstrong steer of some racks either. If I want to drive an old truck I will buy one kind of thing. To drive the old 59 Chevy I once had there was no reason to go to the gym.

Waited til the rain was gone to bring out my wagon, and then it rained of course. I was the next town over, but apparently we got a downpour with some hail. I came back to town looking at full ditches and streams in the fields. Took it to a friends close by, and got to remember the wipers are terrible. I'll put that on the list.

PXL_20230505_004513123.jpg

PXL_20230505_004458556.jpg
PXL_20230505_004611003.jpg

A friend sent me this picture he took with his drone.

IMG_20230504_214833.jpg

Waited til the rain was gone to bring out my wagon, and then it rained of course. I was the next town over, but apparently we got a downpour with some hail. I came back to town looking at full ditches and streams in the fields. Took it to a friends close by, and got to remember the wipers are terrible. I'll put that on the list.

View attachment 22674
View attachment 22675View attachment 22673

A friend sent me this picture he took with his drone.

View attachment 22676
The wheels really make it look good

It rained the beginning of the week, mid 50's-60's by the end of the week. Today was sunny and mid-high 60's. I should have mowed my grass, but it will have to wait. This morning my youngest and I mowed the Church, I went and picked up a cake for my wife (her birthday was Thursday), installed a alternator for the Pastors son and then went to the youngest boy's bosses house. He has a T-bucket that he rewired and needs me to wire the turn signals and brake lights. The kit came with a universal turn signal switch, but he would rather use the one in the column. The wire ends are cut off, so I have to figure out what each wire does.

It's raining here now and thundering but not raining or thundering hard. The Okra plants should like it.....but the weather guessers said today's chance was low, like around 20%. So far it's 100% since 3 hours ago. The 10 day wondercast is worse.

It rained most of the day today, I guess my grass will have to wait until tomorrow night or Tuesday night

I need to get the garden planted. Then it can rain. But like usual the bad weather keeps going around us. Lightning storms to the north of us again last night. I can do with out the heat lightning. At least what causes it. It's been hot for March the last to days. Not sure if we have made it into the 90's yet. But don't need to go there yet.

Back