• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Pretty nice week for early November, 60's and 70's all week. Today was warm, 60's, but the wind was at least 40 mph and would gust up for there. Normal temps for November coming towards the end of next week
That sounds like my Thursday, sunny, warm and windy as all get out. It dropped into the 40's for highs the last two days, might see 50's tomorrow. Late next week will be in the upper 50's, last time for the old cars to be driven. I'll be putting them in storage by the 22nd, the end of a two week break I'll have using up my remaining vacation/personal hours. I'll sandwich in an eye surgery in the middle of it.

I need to check the alignment on the Ford. Tires are wearing funny. Not messing around with the stupid and will be going directly the Ford truck center where they hopefully know how to deal with I-beams. Going to have to crawl under it and check for the typical worn parts first as I am not going to pay stupid shop rates or for inflated parts.

That sounds like my Thursday, sunny, warm and windy as all get out. It dropped into the 40's for highs the last two days, might see 50's tomorrow. Late next week will be in the upper 50's, last time for the old cars to be driven. I'll be putting them in storage by the 22nd, the end of a two week break I'll have using up my remaining vacation/personal hours. I'll sandwich in an eye surgery in the middle of it.
Eye surgery?

Eye surgery?
Glaucoma, second go at the left eye. Next after that I think is a valve. My mom complained about insurance companies making you go through bs steps instead of just going for the valve. Whatever, as long as I can see and drive, I'll be okay.

It's still 65 outside, and will be in the 60's til the morning hours, and then it's gonna get cold before lunch. Low 20's for friday

Was nice week 60's and hit 70 yesterday, the wind has picked up and the temp is falling. High of 38 tomorrow with a chance of rain and snow mix

It was 65 at 2 in the morning yesterday when I took the dogs for a walk. It was still 64 at 10:30, and dropped to 39 at 2 in the afternoon when I parked the wagon at storage. A few hours later it was 24, nothing like a 40° drop in half a day. The wind didn't make it feel any warmer. Cold is here to stay, unfortunately.

We made it into the 40's today. But the north wind did not help the out of doors stuff. Did get a water hose thawed out and the water tank filled. Yea we have water again.

I woke up to this.....

First snow.jpg

Most of it melted

We got some of that crap, of course on a day I have to drive 100+ miles to an eye surgery. I was cruising along at a good clip, when the car started going left while in a right hand sweeper. I corrected so I didn't go into the other lane, a Ford had just pulled out, and the car started coming around on me. I waited til I was facing south in the northbound shoulder, and after clearing a sign post, before hitting the brakes. Went for a full 360 spin, ending up in the ditch along some reeds at the edge of a field. The pickup left, and a guy delivering propane waited until I got out of the car to leave as well. Thanks to years of screwing around on travel roads and snow covered lakes, I worked it out of the ditch in a couple of minutes. Forgot to clean the snow out of the tires so I stopped and got that done. Made it to my hotel a half hour early, not bad for going in the ditch and making two stops along the way. I'm just glad it happened after the first snow that was under 6". At least it was close to freezing, a heat wave after the 20's we've been having.

It snowed on and off most of last week. It looks like a warm up is coming this week, starting in the 30's, mid to high 40's mid week and low 40's at the weeks end.

Oh, it's not over. But it was warner today than expected, and tomorrow will be around 35, I'll take it! I'm sure we will get hit hard sometime before May.

Back