• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Rained for about 6 hours last night. This sits us up for a winter of mud unless it freezes. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my winter.

Is winter over yet? It's 3 degrees outside, and it's kinda windy. Hands are doing good, always wearing gloves. Work gave me a pair of coveralls, and the jacket is plenty warm. They gave me some boots, not sure if they are wide enough, but they would come in handy as my boots aren't insulated. Only six months til it's warm again.

Oh! man not six months. Better find out if the boots are wide enough before you need them. I still remember the climbing days. The crew would be on the ground in sweatshirts thinks what the heck. Every hundred feet would require warmer clothes. Then add 50 or more pounds of tools and supplies to that. Any more than that and it was snatch block time to pull the crane cable up. Good thing I never gave it much thought about getting into trouble and getting off one of those things.
Just remember 3 degrees and kind of windy can soon become -30 and really windy if going up.

Wind picked up last night, rain came with it. Now the rain is gone, but the wind is still here. It was blowing really hard Thursday and simmered down some yesterday

Tried working on the D350 today. Need to look at a wheel cylinder. Anyway, duals are off and the axle has been removed. Why someone replaced the two nuts and lock ring with the stupid nylon lock nut I probably will never know. But right now, all I can think is idiot.

Went to the local Dodge/Ram dealer today to find parts. They don't know what axle I have and it sure doesn't look like whats in the parts book if it's not raining tomorrow, I will try getting some pictures. All I can say for now it looks original.

Went to the local Dodge/Ram dealer today to find parts. They don't know what axle I have and it sure doesn't look like whats in the parts book if it's not raining tomorrow, I will try getting some pictures. All I can say for now it looks original.
What year D350?

What year D350?
1983 This is a commercial chassis truck purchased for heavy duty fleet use. Yes, it has made finding parts a pain because everyone wants to sell me run of the mill D350 parts that are way too small. The differential is stamped 70 on the driver's side of the housing on top. The center section of the housing is more rounded than a Dana 60. I know pictures would be nice but had other things occupying my time today.

We got around 6" of snow last night. It was coming over the hood of my car on the way home, at least I was only a block away. I'm sure it will be fun clearing out the pile left by the plow, whenever it comes around.

You can keep it up north.
It looked pretty on the trees.

My neighbor was kind enough to clear the mound of snow at the end of my driveway with his tractor armed with a snowblower. I was all set to shovel it and saw he had cleared it! I'll have to get him a case of beer.

I got a sniff of snow, but I did put the plow on the truck. It probably won't snow now until January now though

Rain! To melt away the snow, of course. It'll be above freezing again tomorrow, see how big a puddle I can get outside the door.

Back