• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

We will be below zero next week, I hope the weather people are wrong in that. We got some more snow today, another few inches that was nice and wet. Mix in some wind and it is just awesome. I'm inside at work this stretch so I don't suffer any. Next week I'll get what's coming to me, but that's only two days, then I have five days off.

Rained yesterday and it's snowing tonight. We went to a near by town tonight and on the way back home we saw 2 cars in the ditch. I guess people forgot how to drive after a year?

It's about 27 out right and about 45 minutes before dark a few doe were close to the yard. My son went out and missed one, I think he shot under her. Tomorrow we will go to a friend's place and make sure the scope is sighted in

Got cold here, -1 this morning. The Avenger was grumpy, but she started for me. I ran it for almost an hour last night to make sure the battery was charged. I also carry my jump pack with me, just in case.

Not -1 here, but right now it's 25. Earlier today I had to get up on the roof to fix this.

Ridge cap.jpg

The wind was blowing hard and picked up a section of the ridge vent. So I got longer nails and put it back down.

Ridge vent.jpg

Come spring time I am going to replace the ridge cap shingles, some of the ones that were still attached to the vent were brittle and had slight damage. It's back down and the ridge is covered and any nails that punched through are sealed. It was cold on the roof with the wind blowing. Good thing I own a ranch, with the wind and snow I wouldn't have gotten up on the roof of a 2 story house

Enjoyed the 1° heat today, gonna have a heat wave tomorrow, at 9° the. It's gonna plunge below zero through Saturday. We are going to get snow starting tomorrow night with high winds. My work called and asked if I'd come in early, and stay at the plant for up to 36 hours to cover the other shift, if road conditions get bad enough that you can't drive. Had to pass due to the dogs. I'll have to play it by ear and see how things go. Next week looks to be better, heading into the 20's.

Winter storm is coming, starting tomorrow, freezing rain then snow and high winds. Plow truck is ready and waiting

Rain started last night late and changed to snow sometime overnight. Then the wind picked up, 20-23 mph but also gusts into the 40's. Visibility is really poor with blowing snow. Were not going to get much accumulation with the wind, but it will drift in spots

Still blowing outside, but it is 13 degrees out. It's warmer than last night, but with the wind chill -3. It was a little clearer this morning then some more light snow and the visibility was gone again

It got up to 2 above today, wind wasn't bad compared to the last few days. It was gusting in the mid 40mph range on Friday. Hope to see 10 above today, mid 20's on Monday.

It's 14 right now and the wind has died down down to 12mph. There saying 40's late next week. I hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas

Sun was shining and in the 40's but the north breeze took all the warmth out.
Got the hub off the D350 and a wheel cylinder coming. Hoping it's the right one. Had to go up 3 years to find one with the right bore. So we will see.

The rain quit and temps in the high 30's. Waiting patiently for the Michigan/TCU bowl game to start. GO BLUE!!!

It's around 30° here but we are supposed to get some rain/snow/wintery mix tomorrow after lunch. That sucks!

They've issued an ice storm warning, sweet. I have a doctor's appointment up in the cities, at least it's in the early afternoon on a day off. I have a feeling traffic is going to suck.

They've issued an ice storm warning, sweet. I have a doctor's appointment up in the cities, at least it's in the early afternoon on a day off. I have a feeling traffic is going to suck.
Drive careful and don't take your new car. Traffic in the "city" is usually bad from where I come from. Here, 3 cars deep at a stop light is a traffic jamb.

Back