• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Yeah, just started four weeks ago. The night shifts needed to learn more, so they thought it would be good to have us rotate. They haven't learned much, and there isn't anyone training them. Real smart, upper management.
Not smart enough to rotate half the crew.

Not smart enough to rotate half the crew.
Never worked at a place that did that, or heard of any that do. Most the plants around here rotate the whole shifts if they rotate at all. They wanted to do a two week rotation, but we all said no to that. My crew wouldn't have split up, we strive to be the best crew at the plant. There's too many idiots on the other crews that don't do squat, and we don't play that game.

On a separate note, my hands have been fairing pretty good so far this fall. I've been wearing thinner gloves with no issues of losing feeling in my fingers, and I e been out in 30 degree weather long enough that I should have noticed something, or would have in the last couple of years. Didn't even think about it until last night, but I'll take it.

Gonna get around 80 tomorrow, with some rain in the evening.

It's been very nice, lows in the 50's, highs in the 70's. Went and got my Monaco wagon, and have been readjusting back to a night schedule and have been unproductive the last few days. Here's another shameless picture of the car!

View attachment 21678
It goes to work tomorrow, and I'll weigh it on the scales. It towed like shit with a U-Haul truck and trailer.

That is cool!!

That is cool!!
Thanks, I like it. I haven't actually done anything to it or drove it yet, too cold most mornings, and I'm tired after the night shift. Day off today, got to my sleep and now I'm going out to tinker with it a bit, and go for a short drive.

When did the Monaco become a warm weather car or does it not have a working heater? I can understand not wanting to drive it in bad weather.

When did the Monaco become a warm weather car or does it not have a working heater? I can understand not wanting to drive it in bad weather.
Me, I'm too cold. 🥶 30's isn't fun in an old car for me. Heater is bypassed, hose was bad and I haven't replaced it. Wyatt and I agreed it wasn't a serious enough issue at the time. I only have a few weeks before the spray is one the roads, then the old cars get pulled.

Got down into the 20's last night. Yeah, I'm ready for it to be over, bad timing on my part.

Cold and windy Saturday, Sunday was mid 50's, today was rainy and I saw some snow falling for a bit. It didn't stick, but in the Upper Peninsula they have a foot already

It was only in the 30's today. Looked nice and sunny, but the breeze killed any level of comfort. Two more days of colder temps, then back into the 50's and 60's.

First night under freezing here. Went to MD last weekend for a fishing trip on Monday good time high 50's and overcast though. But did limit out.

DSC01403.JPG

DSC01400.JPG

It was 71 today, felt warm at work. Nice again tomorrow before I have five days off to move cars around and clean up the yard, I've got vehicles scattered all over!

Not sure of our weather next week. If the warn southern trough drops out it could be back to the freezer.
With last week's cold snap we got the warning. I wasn't expecting temp's in the teens in October.

Back