• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

first dodge...72D100

I don't know anything about truck spindles or swapping them. Do your research and you should find enough out there to guide you in the right direction. I'm all for you doing and learning how to redo the front suspension. It's all fairly easy and straightforward. If it hasn't been mentioned, get a FSM (factory service manual) and you should be able to do most everything that truck needs.

Shops are always looking out for themselves. Your buddy may still be your buddy, but he has a bottom line to meet and he will think accordingly. I have a friend who doesn't save me one penny when he works on the girlfriend's car, 2008 Avenger R/T I don't know about these modern cars. Anything he touches is shop rate. He does let me bring in my own parts, that's it.
Good day brother! Glad to hear from you... Your comment on your buddy made me laugh out loud! True that!
How could I get a hold on one of those shop manuals? I always wanted one for all the different vehicles I've had.
I'm gonna post a couple of write up's on 'Van' LCA, just need some feed-back from you guy's to see if it's leggit.

Replace the turn signal cam and wiring and it should be fine. I had to jump my brake light switch on my Polara so in have brake lights, but both signals flash no matter which one is on. Winter or spring project.
Okay "Mountain Man!" Just kidding LcMob!! luv ya brother!!!
Now, could you please repeat that process again please?

Okay "Mountain Man!" Just kidding LcMob!! luv ya brother!!!
Now, could you please repeat that process again please?

My "process" was to bypass the problem, which created a different problem. The correct way to fix the lights is to replace the turn signal cam/switch, and the associated wiring in the column. Take the steering wheel off and the switch is underneath. The wiring runs down inside the column and comes out about a third of the way up from the firewall.

You can search eBay for the FSM.

20151016_231504.jpg
20151016_231514.jpg
20151016_231524.jpg
My "process" was to bypass the problem, which created a different problem. The correct way to fix the lights is to replace the turn signal cam/switch, and the associated wiring in the column. Take the steering wheel off and the switch is underneath. The wiring runs down inside the column and comes out about a third of the way up from the firewall.

You can search eBay for the FSM.
Thanx my brother! Gosh, I hope you're awake, been battling with a striped 'Phillips' head on my wife's Nash Metropolitan (I kept calling it a Cosmopolitan). Who cares! I guess I do? Please be awake! You too brother Bear!
This "Clown Car" is 'Jerry rigged' more then my truck!
It's been a hellesious day for me. For the last 3 week's we've had freaking hot and humid weather, now we are getting two storm fronts coming in tonight or early Saturday morning.
I had to go to two different client's home, 'cause they are on "hill side", so I had to go and cover and sand bagged the 'Fire zone' so if storm hits hard there will be no "Landslide!"... plus now, or rather since 7pm pac. Time I had to fix the R. Side window so if storm hits, my wife's little shit doesn't get "Drowned!".
I can't get this piece of shit off! (Striped Phillips).
20151016_231504.jpg
20151016_231504.jpg
20151016_231504.jpg

I'm awake but working, and no phone with me except brake time. That screw is screwed! Looks like you might be able to get a pliers or vise-grip on it and spin it out. Otherwise, an easy out bit from the parts store. Throw it in a drill and it grabs onto what's left of the screw, bolt, you get the idea. It sucks running into this sort of thing, even worse after midnight if you don't have the tools.

20151016_231814.jpg
20151016_231807.jpg
View attachment 5762
20151016_231814.jpg
20151016_231814.jpg
20151016_231807.jpg
View attachment 5762 View attachment 5762
I'm awake but working, and no phone with me except brake time. That screw is screwed! Looks like you might be able to get a pliers or vise-grip on it and spin it out. Otherwise, an easy out bit from the parts store. Throw it in a drill and it grabs onto what's left of the screw, bolt, you get the idea. It sucks running into this sort of thing, even worse after midnight if you don't have the tools.
I am "Screwed!". Lol!!!... Hey brother, thank you for taking the time to respond while at work. Shit, to be honest with you, I haven't heard or seen a 3rd shift in a minute! The 80's maybe?
It's a trip, we are Americans! United States of America! Yet Mid-West, East, North, South and West (I think you get it without adding more Geography bullshit). We are so different, the 'Values' are more profound past California through Nevada. From there, it's a different culture, morals, values. etc...
Good for you! Man. I myself here in Southern California, am a "Small Fish" in a big bowl. I should go back and work for 'Corporate' again, at the very least depending on your expertise, knowledge and time doing whatever that it is that you're, you'll get paid well, plus health insurance, 401K'S (and some match your invesment).
I chose about ten years ago to in it by myself at my own business. Shit, at one point Ibwas "Wipping my Ass" with cash, good times! Then the bubble burst! The recession of 2007, it did not effect me untill 2009. 90% of my clients lost everything (Realestate was king at the time). So I was left with un-paid bills, 'cause I did not get paid... And the worst of it all, was for me to tell my employees that they were not getting paid! Heart breaking, I still think about them and I still get nauseous.
Sorry, I'm exhausted and ramblin!
Have a good work night/morning brother LcMob! I sincerely appreciate you, bear and a few other brothers on FTO. I need to move out of California! Nothing but 'Pig Shit out here!'.

20151016_231725.jpg

20151016_231756.jpg

20151016_151827.jpg

Merica! I've been there, working late on a project and something small brings everything to a halt. But the next day comes, and you get the part/tool you need and the project moves forward. I almost plan on an extra 1/3 of planned time for just those situations. Sucks your halfway across the country, I'd sell you a tranny cheap and help out whenever I could, but alas, that won't happen. So I'll help you out here, whenever I can. Keep your head up and keep your eye on the prize.

Merica! I've been there, working late on a project and something small brings everything to a halt. But the next day comes, and you get the part/tool you need and the project moves forward. I almost plan on an extra 1/3 of planned time for just those situations. Sucks your halfway across the country, I'd sell you a tranny cheap and help out whenever I could, but alas, that won't happen. So I'll help you out here, whenever I can. Keep your head up and keep your eye on the prize.
That's what I'm talking about!
I will take your advice on adding xtra time for unforseen setbacks.
Thank you bratha!

It's funny you said that "LocuMob" ! I was telling my wife the same thing the other night when I was telling her what "GW" is going thru . I was saying how It's a shame that he isn't a local boy , I could have him come over here and I could coach him threw this build and help him with the parts he needs and such . It's funny how us old school Mopar guys stick together .

It's funny you said that "LocuMob" ! I was telling my wife the same thing the other night when I was telling her what "GW" is going thru . I was saying how It's a shame that he isn't a local boy , I could have him come over here and I could coach him threw this build and help him with the parts he needs and such . It's funny how us old school Mopar guys stick together .

Make it a road trip, stop by and pick me up on the way to GW's!

I don't know anything about truck spindles or swapping them. Do your research and you should find enough out there to guide you in the right direction. I'm all for you doing and learning how to redo the front suspension. It's all fairly easy and straightforward. If it hasn't been mentioned, get a FSM (factory service manual) and you should be able to do most everything that truck needs.

Shops are always looking out for themselves. Your buddy may still be your buddy, but he has a bottom line to meet and he will think accordingly. I have a friend who doesn't save me one penny when he works on the girlfriend's car, 2008 Avenger R/T I don't know about these modern cars. Anything he touches is shop rate. He does let me bring in my own parts, that's it.
"Good" input" LocoMob ! You took the words right out of my mouth !

I do agree! on both subjects. Food for thought. Been reading up a lot on B350 LCA swap. What do you, LcMob or any brother's from FTO think? I figure to order them pieces then drilling'em, cutting here and there per what I read and doing the front end meself. Dak. Spindles? Spring clamp compressors?
In my opinion . Go with either the lower control arm or the spindle swap . I wouldn't recommend the spring clamp compressors . With the control arm swap , do you have the tools and place to do it ?

View attachment 5760 View attachment 5761 View attachment 5762View attachment 5760 View attachment 5760 View attachment 5761 View attachment 5762 View attachment 5762

I am "Screwed!". Lol!!!... Hey brother, thank you for taking the time to respond while at work. Shit, to be honest with you, I haven't heard or seen a 3rd shift in a minute! The 80's maybe?
It's a trip, we are Americans! United States of America! Yet Mid-West, East, North, South and West (I think you get it without adding more Geography bullshit). We are so different, the 'Values' are more profound past California through Nevada. From there, it's a different culture, morals, values. etc...
Good for you! Man. I myself here in Southern California, am a "Small Fish" in a big bowl. I should go back and work for 'Corporate' again, at the very least depending on your expertise, knowledge and time doing whatever that it is that you're, you'll get paid well, plus health insurance, 401K'S (and some match your invesment).
I chose about ten years ago to in it by myself at my own business. Shit, at one point Ibwas "Wipping my Ass" with cash, good times! Then the bubble burst! The recession of 2007, it did not effect me untill 2009. 90% of my clients lost everything (Realestate was king at the time). So I was left with un-paid bills, 'cause I did not get paid... And the worst of it all, was for me to tell my employees that they were not getting paid! Heart breaking, I still think about them and I still get nauseous.
Sorry, I'm exhausted and ramblin!
Have a good work night/morning brother LcMob! I sincerely appreciate you, bear and a few other brothers on FTO. I need to move out of California! Nothing but 'Pig Shit out here!'.
As far as I'm concerned , there's no need to apologize . A lot of us have a back story on life , I don't think you would want to here mine . But my point is , every once in a while we need to vent a little . So no worries here .

Good morning brother Bear. At least on the "Left Coast!". Thank you man! I do sincerely appreciate you and LcMob! Also a few other brothers on FTO. You two fellaws are the most active friends to lend a hand, give proper advise and ask the right questions so that I can understand the symptoms of my issues. Man, I got to tell ya, I don't get much of that around here.
Ps. Check out my 'Garage' I posted some Fam. pics. For the hell of it. Thank's again!

In my opinion . Go with either the lower control arm or the spindle swap . I wouldn't recommend the spring clamp compressors . With the control arm swap , do you have the tools and place to do it ?
I have basic handtools, and a super cool old Kennedy toolbox that my pop-inlaw gave me...It's empty though, I feel ashmed to put my "Made in China tools" in it. Lol. I do have a place, My friends garage, but would have to plan way ahead since he travels a lot. I always have my street though, as long as I park way up the street! Ha!!! I was thinking about renting tools from like an O'Reilly's or an Autozone? What you think?
Spindles or LCA? They gonna cost about the same, don't really have the time to go to a "Pick A Part", plus I need a 'Less intense' build. I'll be doing it solo plus I would have to do it in one day.

As far as I'm concerned , there's no need to apologize . A lot of us have a back story on life , I don't think you would want to here mine . But my point is , every once in a while we need to vent a little . So no worries here .
Too much 'Naty Light' that night/morning. Ha! Thank's for leting me vent, I'll try not to do it often, it can become UnBEARable!:mad:

Good morning brother Bear. At least on the "Left Coast!". Thank you man! I do sincerely appreciate you and LcMob! Also a few other brothers on FTO. You two fellaws are the most active friends to lend a hand, give proper advise and ask the right questions so that I can understand the symptoms of my issues. Man, I got to tell ya, I don't get much of that around here.
Ps. Check out my 'Garage' I posted some Fam. pics. For the hell of it. Thank's again!

I saw that this morning, 'Naty light explains the one pic of your dog!

I have basic handtools, and a super cool old Kennedy toolbox that my pop-inlaw gave me...It's empty though, I feel ashmed to put my "Made in China tools" in it. Lol. I do have a place, My friends garage, but would have to plan way ahead since he travels a lot. I always have my street though, as long as I park way up the street! Ha!!! I was thinking about renting tools from like an O'Reilly's or an Autozone? What you think?
Spindles or LCA? They gonna cost about the same, don't really have the time to go to a "Pick A Part", plus I need a 'Less intense' build. I'll be doing it solo plus I would have to do it in one day.

Go buy a set of Craftsman tools, then you could do drop spindles, if they are out there, one side one day, one side another day.

Back