• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

first dodge...72D100

Crazy intake LCMob! Btw, why you up so late? Ain't it close to 2AM your time?
Have you checked w/BPE? Lol, for sixteen grand + or -
Eventually,I would like to stroke out my 360 to a 408. It should surprise a few out here in my neck of the sand.:woot:

Crazy intake LCMob! Btw, why you up so late? Ain't it close to 2AM your time?
Have you checked w/BPE? Lol, for sixteen grand + or -

Yeah, I couldn't resist the uniqueness of it. To make it work will cost $2300 or more for the carbs and everything, no one is giving this stuff away. It came with a chromed single 4 barrel top too. I also have this:

IMAG1908.jpg

It will eventually find it's way into my Dart. It too will cost $2300 or more to make it work. What can I say, I like intakes that have eye appeal.

I was too slow to buy and Edelbrock bathtub single 4 barrel intake, for $250. I had the money just took too long to call the guy. Those things are like hens teeth, for what I've seen. Andnim bummed I sold a low deck Bb tunnel ram with single and dual 4 barrel tops.

I was going to put a multi carb intake on my 72, but when I'm done, I'm not sure how many people will see the engine. You never know.

As for being up late, I work 6pm to 6am. Stay up late most nights off too.

I myself like to surprise people with what lies underneath. I still can't get over people's reaction to seeing a 440 in my car, even though it was originally a big block car. Speed parts first, paint...maybe. If only I could trip over an RB 6 Pac setup at a giveaway price. It would look good on this intake:
That would be SICK under the hood of your Polara ! I love that idea ! Next year the plan for me is to swap the duel plain out for my single plain to see how that works but eventually I'm leaning towards dual quads . I just haven't decided whether I'm going for a low intake or a tunnel ram .

Yeah, I couldn't resist the uniqueness of it. To make it work will cost $2300 or more for the carbs and everything, no one is giving this stuff away. It came with a chromed single 4 barrel top too. I also have this:

View attachment 5670

It will eventually find it's way into my Dart. It too will cost $2300 or more to make it work. What can I say, I like intakes that have eye appeal.

I was too slow to buy and Edelbrock bathtub single 4 barrel intake, for $250. I had the money just took too long to call the guy. Those things are like hens teeth, for what I've seen. Andnim bummed I sold a low deck Bb tunnel ram with single and dual 4 barrel tops.

I was going to put a multi carb intake on my 72, but when I'm done, I'm not sure how many people will see the engine. You never know.

Sick , Sick , Sick ! I see me and you getting along "real" good "locumob" ! :woot:

Eventually,I would like to stroke out my 360 to a 408. It should surprise a few out here in my neck of the sand.:woot:
That should catch a lot of people off guard alright ! I can tell you first hand that people don't expect speed and performance from an ole Dodge truck .

View attachment 5670

LcMob, sorry no reply, i've been distracted on my own sh@t.
I have to tell you; I am new to carburators. I don't even know what you are showing me, but it's f@cking beautiful! Life is short and $2,300. is only money. Money comes and goes, that is what currency is all about. make it happen! "As long it doesn't effect your livelyhood or family.
One thing we are all guarenteed (can't spellright now!) when we are born, is death... Just don't know when it's gonna happen.
Yes, it's sounds like I'm cynical, but think about it.
your intake and the carbs are a work of art.

That should catch a lot of people off guard alright ! I can tell you first hand that people don't expect speed and performance from an ole Dodge truck .
Brother Bear. just received great news from my buddy's shop (AAMCO) 'it's truly more then that'. Just found out on Tuesday that my "little problem" is a SIX Thousand Dollar Problem! I love my little Dodge truck, but $6K? Steve my buddy is a streight shooter, no bullcrap, even told it's not worth it. if I had the space and tools, I could do some of the repairs, but trans. =$1,200. Rears = $500, Front suspen. =$100.000, Brakes... etc...etc... I know what I was getting into with a 43 year old truck but not sic grand at the moment... Don't know what to do right now. I can spend $3.000 now but that doesn't even cover my electrical issues! Aarrgh!!!

Brother Bear. just received great news from my buddy's shop (AAMCO) 'it's truly more then that'. Just found out on Tuesday that my "little problem" is a SIX Thousand Dollar Problem! I love my little Dodge truck, but $6K? Steve my buddy is a streight shooter, no bullcrap, even told it's not worth it. if I had the space and tools, I could do some of the repairs, but trans. =$1,200. Rears = $500, Front suspen. =$100.000, Brakes... etc...etc... I know what I was getting into with a 43 year old truck but not sic grand at the moment... Don't know what to do right now. I can spend $3.000 now but that doesn't even cover my electrical issues! Aarrgh!!!
Suspension = a thousand, sorry, I'm all F@cked up in the head right now. I to decide by the morning.

Oh man ! That's rough ! I know that you had plans for it like dropping it and such . But what's actually wrong with the truck ? Can you fix it so that you can drive and enjoy it and then build it the way you want it as your going along ?

Oh man ! That's rough ! I know that you had plans for it like dropping it and such . But what's actually wrong with the truck ? Can you fix it so that you can drive and enjoy it and then build it the way you want it as your going along ?
Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm going to do, make her road safe to drive and keep her that way, eventually I'll just put on some staggered wheels and street tires.
She was an almond farm truck, just been abused or rather 'worked' for many years. I am getting the trans. Rebuild, also the whole steering system, replace necessary parts on front suspension and a tune up. I can change the valve cover gaskets my self. Anyways just too much to list. Will fill You in more later. Ima getting of the bus. Ha!

LcMob, sorry no reply, i've been distracted on my own sh@t.
I have to tell you; I am new to carburators. I don't even know what you are showing me, but it's f@cking beautiful! Life is short and $2,300. is only money. Money comes and goes, that is what currency is all about. make it happen! "As long it doesn't effect your livelyhood or family.
One thing we are all guarenteed (can't spellright now!) when we are born, is death... Just don't know when it's gonna happen.
Yes, it's sounds like I'm cynical, but think about it.
your intake and the carbs are a work of art.

No worries G.W. we all have more important things in our lives.

What's wrong with the front suspension?

Is think you could find a transmission in drivable condition for $150-200.

Too bad you don't have the space and tools. Need only a handful, literally to do almost everything with a vehicle that old.

I'm a cheap ass and I'm not saying your buddy is bullshi@#ing you, but those prices are why I dislike shops. I'll do it myself and take 3 times longer and save at least 1/2 of whatever shops charge.

Don't give up!

Too bad you don't have the space and tools. Need only a handful, literally to do almost everything with a vehicle that old.

I'm a cheap ass and I'm not saying your buddy is bullshi@#ing you, but those prices are why I dislike shops. I'll do it myself and take 3 times longer and save at least 1/2 of whatever shops charge.

Don't give up!

Don't give up!
LcMob. You hit the nail right on the head. As much as a "friend" he's still crunching his numbers, the cost is mostly in labor, but you know what? I've seen in 'Street Rod, Hot Rod' magazines, performance
transmissions all decked out for equal or less then my rebuild, $1999! With out fn tax! What do I do, what do I do!!! The good thing they haven't worked on it yet, the bad it's all apart. Suggestions, anyone!!!

Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm going to do, make her road safe to drive and keep her that way, eventually I'll just put on some staggered wheels and street tires.
She was an almond farm truck, just been abused or rather 'worked' for many years. I am getting the trans. Rebuild, also the whole steering system, replace necessary parts on front suspension and a tune up. I can change the valve cover gaskets my self. Anyways just too much to list. Will fill You in more later. Ima getting of the bus. Ha!
Sounds like a smart move to me . What's wrong with the transmission that it needs rebuilding ? Is it shot or just slipping a little ?

Suspension is best up! I can do that, guess Ima gonna have to rent tools from one of them places.
Depending on what the suspension needs . Other then basic wrench's , ratchets and sockets . You'll need a spring compressor ( that's if you need front springs at all ) . A pickle fork ( to split any tie rods and joints ) and a BFH to hit the joint or pickle fork . And a ball joint socket . Off the top of my head that pretty much all you'll need . Except a jack and a set of jack stands .

LcMob. You hit the nail right on the head. As much as a "friend" he's still crunching his numbers, the cost is mostly in labor, but you know what? I've seen in 'Street Rod, Hot Rod' magazines, performance
transmissions all decked out for equal or less then my rebuild, $1999! With out fn tax! What do I do, what do I do!!! The good thing they haven't worked on it yet, the bad it's all apart. Suggestions, anyone!!!
I can't believe he's charging you 2 grand to rebuild a 727 ! I know I already asked you in the other post . But what's wrong with your transmission ? What was it doing , or not doing ?

Don't give up!
You not cheap "Locumob" . Your frugal ! lol But your right on all counts .

I ain't got no money! Whatever you want to call the it, most everything I'll do on my own.
Same here . Plus I don't trust anyone else to work on my stuff. Way to many hacks out there . I keep hearing horror story after horror story from people and then I end up fixing a lot of there mess ups .

Back