• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

first dodge...72D100

Go buy a set of Craftsman tools, then you could do drop spindles, if they are out there, one side one day, one side another day.
I was kind of thinking the same thing . The spindles would be easier and quicker for him . And if he ends up doing ball joints and such , he'll have it apart anyways .

I was kind of thinking the same thing . The spindles would be easier and quicker for him . And if he ends up doing ball joints and such , he'll have it apart anyways .
Bear, from what I have been reading, If I get the Dak. spindles I would have to get new rotors and what not to fit the spindles, I just spent $3200 on trans. And brakes. What do I do, what do I do?

Yes, I need the whole front set up! And also need to tightened my steering wheel and get a steering box seal kit, plus resavoir.

Bear, from what I have been reading, If I get the Dak. spindles I would have to get new rotors and what not to fit the spindles, I just spent $3200 on trans. And brakes. What do I do, what do I do?
Did you already buy the front brakes ? Instead of paying top dollar for aftermarket crossed drilled rotors and such , just buy the stock disc brake set up that you need with a good quality set of pads . It would probably save you a ton and do you really "need" the other set up ? I'm still running the stock style disc set up , up front and I've swapped to 11" drums on the rear . And I'm pushing a lil more power then you to bring it to a stop . Just food for thought . Spend on what you need and not on what you necessarily want .

And also need to tightened my steering wheel and get a steering box seal kit, plus resavoir.
I know it would cost more but you might want to consider just buying a rebuilt box . You can have it out and in , in a couple of hours .

Did you already buy the front brakes ? Instead of paying top dollar for aftermarket crossed drilled rotors and such , just buy the stock disc brake set up that you need with a good quality set of pads . It would probably save you a ton and do you really "need" the other set up ? I'm still running the stock style disc set up , up front and I've swapped to 11" drums on the rear . And I'm pushing a lil more power then you to bring it to a stop . Just food for thought . Spend on what you need and not on what you necessarily want .
Truck should be ready for pick up on Thursday. I probs. Don't need the fancy frt. brake set-up but it's to late, never thought about putting bigger drums on the back! But anyway, next time before I do any Stupid moves I will consult first!
Thank you brother.

Yes, I need the whole front set up! And also need to tightened my steering wheel and get a steering box seal kit, plus resavoir.
You keep saying you have loose steering . Is the looseness from the box or is it because you need that much front end work ? If a lot of it "is" from the box then I still think your better off just buying a rebuilt box and forget about trying to change the seals in the old one . Have you ever done a seal kit in one of these boxes ? For an inexperienced person that upper seal probably isn't going to fun . Just say'in .

You keep saying you have loose steering . Is the looseness from the box or is it because you need that much front end work ? If a lot of it "is" from the box then I still think your better off just buying a rebuilt box and forget about trying to change the seals in the old one . Have you ever done a seal kit in one of these boxes ? For an inexperienced person that upper seal probably isn't going to fun . Just say'in .
The two different places I took the truck to mentioned "box re-seal kit" however at AAMCO Steve said exactly what you are suggesting. Get a rebuilt box, he also mentioned that since the whole front needs work, and if I could'nt do it now, just by tighting the steering it would help tremendously. So i'm thinking about setting a priority list with your and LcuMob at your conveniences on what I can personally address myself. Thoughts?

As for the Craftsman tools make in China, no not all are. Many are made in Taiwan. I think some of the hand powertools are made in Mexico. I did a thorough checking at Sears this spring and I can't remember seeing anything made in USA. I figure if I'm going to buy Chinese stuff, I'll just go to Harbor Freight and buy the lifetime guaranteed stuff. I also figure if you're going to buy Chinese stuff, don't try to hide it behind what used to be top notch USA made tools. And if I'm going to pay big money for a good tool, I'll get a Snap-On or Mack.

Are you sure your not just trying to keep up with the Jones's , Hm ? lol
Luv you brother! To be quite honest, D100 is the first truck I've ever owned. I've had jeeps 1993-Cherokee 92. Both 4x4. Loved them and the rest, 84, 88 2002 Mustang GT's. Turbo T-Bird 89? Or 87. Then somewhere in between, 64 Beetle, Dodge Neon SRT4 stage 2. Audi TT 3,2 05 (loved that car!) It was one of the first dual clutch manual auto shift. Lincoln LSC 87. ALL CARS prety much.
So I go into this build like it was a muscle car or sports car. I was looking at the build the wrong way.
Lol. $3200 later, I can't keep up with no one!

As for the Craftsman tools make in China, no not all are. Many are made in Taiwan. I think some of the hand powertools are made in Mexico. I did a thorough checking at Sears this spring and I can't remember seeing anything made in USA. I figure if I'm going to buy Chinese stuff, I'll just go to Harbor Freight and buy the lifetime guaranteed stuff. I also figure if you're going to buy Chinese stuff, don't try to hide it behind what used to be top notch USA made tools. And if I'm going to pay big money for a good tool, I'll get a Snap-On or Mack.
Hell Yes! Spoken like a 'True Tool Head'. I may lack a lot as far as mechanics goes, but honestly, there is a fell to the touch of an American Iron tool, the weight is right, it fits in your hands right, and when you throw it across the garage for what ever reason, you go and pick it up and it's ready to be used again and again. Now, can regular folks buy from Mack or Snap?

Luv you brother! To be quite honest, D100 is the first truck I've ever owned. I've had jeeps 1993-Cherokee 92. Both 4x4. Loved them and the rest, 84, 88 2002 Mustang GT's. Turbo T-Bird 89? Or 87. Then somewhere in between, 64 Beetle, Dodge Neon SRT4 stage 2. Audi TT 3,2 05 (loved that car!) It was one of the first dual clutch manual auto shift. Lincoln LSC 87. ALL CARS prety much.
So I go into this build like it was a muscle car or sports car. I was looking at the build the wrong way.
Lol. $3200 later, I can't keep up with no one!
LOL , I had to give you that lil rub . I just had to . lol .... Don't feel to bad , I went way over budget just on the engine and transmission with my truck . I "had" a plan and took a total left turn after I got the motor out and decided I wanted to not just be quick , I wanted to be "fast" and "fast" is "pricey" . lol

Hell Yes! Spoken like a 'True Tool Head'. I may lack a lot as far as mechanics goes, but honestly, there is a fell to the touch of an American Iron tool, the weight is right, it fits in your hands right, and when you throw it across the garage for what ever reason, you go and pick it up and it's ready to be used again and again. Now, can regular folks buy from Mack or Snap?
Yeah you can buy off of a Mack or Snap-on truck , but prepared for sticker shock . Darn good tools though .

20151024_104631.jpg
20151024_104625.jpg
20151024_104607.jpg
20151024_110612.jpg
LOL , I had to give you that lil rub . I just had to . lol .... Don't feel to bad , I went way over budget just on the engine and transmission with my truck . I "had" a plan and took a total left turn after I got the motor out and decided I wanted to not just be quick , I wanted to be "fast" and "fast" is "pricey" . lol
Brother Bear, I have a thick skin, rhino skin. I took no offense, in fact, it keeps me grounded! Thank you.
On a dif. Note. Won't get my Betty till Monday. Electrical gremlin, truck won't start now unless "Hot Wire" ie. Screw driver.
Brakes looks good though... Ha!

Back