• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1967 VC DODGE UTE

bumper bar part 2.....

23.jpg

24.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

I needed a front air dam/spoiler to go with the custom bumper. This is how I built one!....part 1

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Couldn't leave the rear bumperettes standard! Chrysler took std. bars off the production line, cut the centre section out, then plated the ends. There appearance was exactly as they had done, just chopped up a bar!! I had to make something better. I made new bumperettes with the factory style curved ends, both ends. A much more finished look if I do say so myself!! part 1.....

1.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I'm planning on out doing myself on the interior of the ute. My past 3 cars have done exceptionally well with interior judging, so with this being my last build, it has to be the best. To those ends I've made a modern style hard headlining. It features recessed flush sun visors, late model interior light with spotlights and Sunglass holder. This will operate from a Dakota Digital controller to give full theatre lighting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Headlining Part 5....The liner won't be covered until the rest of the trim is done. I found a fabric that matches the leather I'm going to use.

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

I haven't even touched a car in months, no wonder where my ambition went. As always, nice work Marty.

Continuing with the modernizing theme, I wanted a custom dash to house my Dakota Digital gauges, vintage air and modern push button switching. I didn't expect to open such a large can of worms! The new facia had to be formed in a vacuum chamber to remove air bubbles. As there's no literature I could find on constructing a chamber I had to work it out for myself. That part of the project took 8 months on it's own to perfect! Getting it to build vacuum is one thing, holding it is another! The first chamber I made was timbre and almost worked. The more it was tested to worse it got. Version 2 was folded plate steel with an acrylic lip for the seal in a Perspex lid to mate against. That worked well, so here's the process of building that chamber. Part 1....

1.1.jpg

2.1.jpg

3.1.jpg

4.jpg

5.1.jpg

6.1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Part 2.... Next step was to make the first of the moulds. I modified a factory fascia to fit all my new components. Made a frame to cast the mould from poring silicone, then vacuumed it to remove the air trapped in the silicone.

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

Back