• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1967 VC DODGE UTE

One of the guy's on FCBO has done this and made a set of tail lights for his car along with other parts. I will try to find it and post a link, he has some great info in the thread.

Found it, happy reading

65 sporty, hope to get time over the weekend to read that. Onto the next stage of the dash! Part 3, Casting the new fascia....

18.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

to be continued.....

part 5.....making a custom crash pad. I made one when the ute was to be a daily. That was like a modified version of the original in that it only covered the leading edge of the dash like the factory pad did. But I extended it down the face of the dash to create end caps. This one is a full pad right up to the screen with a better version of the ends made this time and more shape overall. I wanted modern style full width demisters that also cleared the side glass at the same time. I'll show how that was done in a later post.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Part 6.....making the demister ducting, final test fitting of new dash pad & new fascia ready to cover.

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Part 7....dash pad covered. Lower dash (blue part) will be covered in the matching vinyl once the A/c unit and electronics have been mounted. Vents will be painted or powder coated to match the rest of the dash. The new fascia will be painted to tie in with the gauge colours. So charcoal centre, black pin stripe, silver edges. So that’s how I spent a full year doing my dash board!! Currently doing a mock up of my console….that will be another epic build!! Last post for the year....Merry Christmas to all.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

This is really inspiring work! Not just the skill, but the long term determination to get it just right. It's going to be a really stunning custom when you're done.

Back into some rust repairs, as usual the plenum is rusted because it was not painted from factory!

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

I've been working on a few things of late, but thought I better post some more plenum repair images. Just a little more work and it will be ready to paint internally and refit.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Part #1.......With fitting Vintage Air gen2 it has to be mounted to the left of centre because of the steering column and the internal wiper mechanism. This means both foot well vents are on the passengers side, so I made a fibreglass duct to retain a drivers vent. I was going to make a duct to take the cold air and run through the drinks holder. But I’m currently looking at using Peltier units (an electronic unit that once voltage is applied, one side gets hot & the other cold) I’ll update that later!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The plenum is getting closer to being complete. Repairs all done, painted ready to be welded back on. New outer sections made for the A pillars and replacement inner's as the originals are patched and replacement units will look better. But that's for another post!

34.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Another good day today. Plenum all welded back in it’s exact original location. A pillar patches all prepped and ready to go. Next weekend should see all that section completed!

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Back