• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who does Models? Dodge & all

Here's some more progress pics on my firetruck "HaulerHome
SAM_3439.jpgSAM_3441.jpgSAM_3451.jpgSAM_3453.jpg

SAM_3439.jpg

SAM_3441.jpg

SAM_3451.jpg

SAM_3453.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one of two more started projects Can you tell that I love the Dodge L700
tvtom_zps2e74294c.jpgTVIvo_zps5ae02aba.jpg

Here's my mock up cab fitted with the front axle moved forward on a AMT Aero FireTruck frame with the wheel wells extended & setup for twin axle
photo214_zps65e64de6.jpg

tvtom_zps2e74294c.jpg

TVIvo_zps5ae02aba.jpg

photo214_zps65e64de6.jpg

I've got the resin body for the race car for this build right here & saving for the cab kits like the Dodge LS1000 in the pic
1978Petty_zps5a7f616d.jpg

Here's what I'm told is quite rare the 1978 Dodge Magnum body It already has a NASCAR type mesh grille cast in it
photo217_zpsd2aed7bd.jpgphoto310_zpsf2143b7d.jpg

1978Petty_zps5a7f616d.jpg

photo217_zpsd2aed7bd.jpg

photo310_zpsf2143b7d.jpg

Here's some of the trucks that I've got since my last posting
IMG_0253_zpsmw3znrtj.jpg
IMG_0254_zpshtkmnetv.jpg
IMG_0255_zpsxh9q5kvn.jpg
IMG_0257_zps1nr7c7zr.jpg

These have all been built or come from a parts box
The orange one came in a box of annuals from a yard sale along with this 68' Coronet R/T convertible
IMG_0258_zps2ok9emtc.jpg

Do they make a 1974 dodge dart 4 door model?
Good question , I don't think I've ever seen a four door Dart model . Now that I think of it , the only four door models I've ever seen where police cars . I even looked for a while for a two door 70 Dart but the only one I could find was a wheel stander . Any input DodgeAddict ?

I've posted in a different thread, but I have somewhere around 200 Mopar and Semi models with a scattering of Furds and Chebbies.

I sold over 100 non Mopar models to a guy who I thought would just flip them for $2 a kit! (people around me are tough!) Turns out that he and his son and dad all build models together. Made me feel a lot better about the hit I was taking.

I went to an auction where the family's dad died. He built models and had a ton of build and unbuilt models. Built ones all painted with a brush, he didn't believe in spray cans or aurbrushing. Some of the nicest paint on a model I've ever seen. Anyhow, 3 collectors where paying retail for these kits and wouldn't let anyone else but them. They let each other have whatever they were interested in, but not anyone else. Hatred going to an auction to pay the same price I can at a store.

My dad helped me resurrect my modeling hobby. He got a few kits I liberated from his hoard of crap. That ballooned to 300 and I trimmed it to the current 200.

Dodgeaddict, you have the passion, that's for sure! I wish I could get those Tyrone Malone models, they always fascinated me. Got a book for some school thing when I was 9 and have loved them since. I used to deliver flowers and saw a truck show at an office I delivered to. Checked it out and one of his old tricks was there! It was repainted and the cab was on an hydraulic cylinder. I think it was the Boss truck but I can't remember. I'll see if I still have a pic of it. It was cool to see something that I read about in person. I'm surprised I never got into trucking with my love of big rigs.

I probably have about 10-12 in progress builds that all stalled out and I haven't got the motivation back. I'm hoping to find it this winter and get back into the swing of things. My biggest setback is no paint booth. I'll have to cobble up one with the old stove hood I have had laying around for about 3-4 years.

I sold all of my Tyrone Malone trucks to help fund my move home this past July
I had the Boss,Papa & Hideout trucks as restorations along with all four new in the box

Got a start again on my trucks, I'll post the before pics some of which are of trucks probably in this thread some where
This truck came in a JY of Dodge trucks that I bought on eBay
SAM_0340_zps4d1f6bdf.jpg

I used the tires,wheels,axles,springs, & snow plow from the Revell GM Snowplow kit
IMG_0253_zpsmw3znrtj.jpg

IMG_0253_zpsmw3znrtj.jpg

IMG_0322_zpsmy6fzerx.jpg

Now the interior is almost done,chassis detailed & body painted
IMG_0468_zpsdj745fnl.jpg

This truck came in a batch of models a friend sent me from Kansas City.
IMG_0257_zps1nr7c7zr.jpg

I messed with it & painted the wheels, the painting of the wheels helped me to decide the colors for this one & prompted me to paint 8 trucks in roughly two nights a week later
IMG_0323_zpsxmh2tehs.jpg

I'm going to do the trim in BareMetalFoil
IMG_0474_zpshuilw4xr.jpg

Back