• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who does Models? Dodge & all

SAM_0440.jpgSAM_3574.JPGSAM_0365.jpgI'm going to build a hauler using the Dodge L700 cab & a modified version of the Ford bed to look like the factory backed racers haulers
I'm going to put a resin cast CrewCab that uses the MPC/AMT Dodge truck as a donor on my Xmas list & build a wedge style hauler too
I use Revell GMC wrecker kits for Dually wheels,mirrors,winches,handles,lights,bumpers etc

SAM_3574.JPG

SAM_0365.jpg

SAM_0440.jpg

Last edited:
Well Dodge Addict, if you remember some wise man once said something about no wrath like that of a woman scorned. Or even just bent out of shape. I'd swear that's what happened to one of my factory motorcycle shop manuals. But just a guess.

Sometimes it's good to be doing something that you actually want to do rather than have to do. Like the time I was overhauling a V8 Studebaker engine. I enjoyed doing that, but had to put it on hold when harvest time came. In the middle of things, I had to pull the 318-3 industrial engine off the combine and overhaul it. I was doing the same basic thing but I didn't enjoy it one bit because (1) I was forced to do it and (2) I was under a time deadline to get it done.
The engine was using a lot of oil and producing lots of blow by. The first clue something was wrong was when I found pices of piston skirt in the oil pan. The second thing was when the skirts of 6 of the 8 pistons literally fell to pieces when pulled out of the cylinder. And not just little dinky pieces, but pieces the size of nickles and quarters. Two of the exhaust valve seats were recessed something fierce, like around 1/8"-3/16". The amazing thing is it would start right up and other than using lots of oil, ran smoothly, quietly and produced adequate power.

SAM_0442.jpgSAM_0443.jpgThe trial fit ain't bad This frame will get a resin cast C800 or 60's Sweptline CrewCab & the second one will be fitted to the cab & sleeper in the pic

SAM_0442.jpg

SAM_0443.jpg

SAM_0476.jpgHere's what I built today to organize my cars better Being HillBilly (Scottish HillBilly)it's built entirely out of used wood

SAM_0476.jpg

SAM_0449.jpgSAM_0450.jpgI buy enough at a time that they send them to me in the AMT boxes they get them in I figured it was only fitting to line the shelves with them

SAM_0449.jpg

SAM_0450.jpg

SAM_0486.jpgThe front axle & wheelbase is set now & I've decided that this is the drag car transporter

#1 in the background in the reply above will be the circle track version using a different area behind the cab

SAM_0486.jpg

gray07 Post some That's why I started this thread If you could PM me a list of what you're selling I've been building since 71'

Here's a few that I've been working on lately This "Hideout Truck" & "Super Boss" are getting resin cast Dodge LS1000 & Dodge Bighorn cabs With the LS1000 getting the roof from the Aerodyne cab in the pic & the Bighorn cab sitting on the Super Boss lower cab assembly

SAM_3363.jpg

SAM_3339.jpgSAM_3340.jpgI got this FireTruck cheap & figured out it was missing a few parts so I decided to build a FireHouse Race Team It'll be a flat type using parts from a haulaway trailer mainly the the deck pieces for a platform that lowers to the ground & is a Hauler Home to boot

Modified will either be a Hemi or a Petty Dart engine

SAM_3339.jpg

SAM_3340.jpg

Here's some pics of the progress so far I built a new platform for the car to sit on & have started do the diamond tread plate throughout, I closed in the back of the outside cabinets so it would look correct

SAM_3386.jpg

SAM_3387.jpg

SAM_3388.jpg

Back