• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who does Models? Dodge & all

I've got a bunch of Diesel engines
I haven't got the 6BTs yet I've seen pics & saw what different ones said about them

What type diesels? Size and make? AND any of them fit in a pick up? (I'm looking to add a Cummins into a pick up (I have a 3500 Ram that I wanna make a work horse!)

Would you part one out if it has the CAT V-8 diesel????? I'd toss you a CAT 3408 in-place of it. that came from the 359 Peterbilt I have! -I'd need the decals that go to the engine if you have them! (I'd look to see if mine has any with it!)
I will look at them and see what they are. If its what you want I have 2 models, so I can send you all you need, decals and all.

But alas, it's a 3408 already in the KW wrecker kit. I'll see what other truck models I have laying around that might have it.

Mob,
I'm lookin for the CAT V-8.......1160 to 3208 in scale form.... Let me know!

I KNOW the Revell Kenworth Dump truck has a CAT V-8 3208 in it..... Thats the one I'm lookin for, BUT would take any of the CAT V-8s at this point, I wanna put it into a L-700 for Shitz & Giggles...... just 'cuz I can!

EDIT:
Forgot to say thanks! And much appreciated!!!!! I'd like to score 2 of these diesels.... As I plan to have 2 L-700's so........... be something different!

PLUS I'd be able to build one, and mold the other! LOL

But alas, it's a 3408 already in the KW wrecker kit. I'll see what other truck models I have laying around that might have it.
Found this on a forum. Its a list of engines in kits.

Caterpillar 1160

AMT Ford LNT-8000

Caterpillar 3406A
Revell/Monogram Snap Kenworth W 900 Aerodyne
Revell/Monogram Snap Peterbilt 359

Caterpillar 3408
Revell AG Kenworth W 900 VIT
Revell AG Kenworth T 900 Australia
Revell AG Kenworth W 900 Dump Truck
Revell AG Kenworth W 900 Wrecker

Cummins V903
Ertl International Transtar F-4270

Cummins NHC-250
AMT White Freightliner Dual Drive
AMT White Freightliner Single Drive
AMT/ERTL Autocar 9964B Dumptruck
AMT Autocar A64B

Cummins NTA-370
AMT Kenworth K 123/125
AMT Kenworth W 900 Alaskan Hauler
AMT Kenworth W 925 Challenge Transit Mixer
AMT Kenworth W 923/925
AMT Kenworth T 600A/Canepa

Cummins NTC-350
AMT White Road Boss (Road Boss box says NTD-350 but I don't know of any such engine so it must be a NTC-350)
AMT Peterbilt 359 1100 Cab Wrecker (T533 and all issues after that)
AMT Peterbilt 359 1100 Cab (T501 and all issues after that)
AMT Diamond Reo
AMT White Western Star

Cummins NTC-400
Italeri Freightliner FLC
Revell AG Mack Superliner
Revell AG Ford LTL 9000 (no aftercooler)
Revell AG Ford Aeromax (no aftercooler)
Italeri Freightliner FLC Dumptruck
Italeri Western Star
Italeri Mack Superliner
Italeri Freightliner FLD (no aftercooler)

Cummins NTC-475 (twin turbos)
Revell AG Peterbilt 353
Revell AG Peterbilt 359
Revell AG Peterbilt 359 Bill Signs Trucking Conventional
Revell AG Peterbilt 359 Wrecker Stepp's Can-Do and the new Revell US re-issue
Revell AG Kenworth K 100 Heavy Hauler Tri-drive
Revell AG Kenworth K 100 VIT Australia
Revell AG Kenworth K 100 Aerodyne
Revell AG Kenworth T 600A

Detroit Diesel 8V-71
AMT Peterbilt 352 Pacemaker COE (T551 and all issues after that)
AMT Peterbilt 359 California Hauler "Small Window" Unilite Cab (T500-500, T500 and the newly reissued AMT 866)
AMT Peterbilt 359 "Small Window" Unilite Cab Wrecker (T522)
AMT GMC Astro 95
AMT Chevrolet Titan 90
AMT American LaFrance
Ertl International CO-4070A
Ertl International Transtar II Eagle

Detroit Diesel 8V-92T
AMT Kenworth K100 Aerodyne
AMT/Matchbox Kenworth K100 Aerodyne Papa Truck
AMT/Matchbox Kenworth K100 Aerodyne Hideout Truck

Detroit Diesel 8V-92
AMT/Ertl GMC General
AMT/Ertl Chevy Bison

Detroit Diesel 12V-71T
AMT Kenworth W900 Super Boss (Termo King)
AMT/Matchbox Kenworth W900 Super Boss (Bandag)
AMT/Matchbox Kenworth W900 Bandag Bandit

Detroit Diesel 16V-71
AMT/Ertl International Payhauler 350

Detroit Diesel Series 60
Italeri Peterbilt 377AE
Italeri Peterbilt 378
Revell AG Peterbilt 377AE

International V-800
AMT/Ertl International Paystar 5000
AMT/Ertl International Transtar 4300
Ertl International F-2674/2575

International Maxxforce 15
Moebius International Lonestar
Moebius International Pro Star II

Mack ENDT-673
MPC/AMT/Ertl Mack DM600

Mack ENDT-865
MPC/AMT/Ertl Mack DM800

Mack ENDT-675
AMT/Ertl R-685ST/R Model

Mack ENDT-676 Tip Turbine
AMT/Matchbox Mack Cruiseliner COE

Turbine Experimental
AMT GMC Astro 95 (T510 from 1971-72)

I have some of these kits that have Detroit Diesel engines in them if that's what you're looking for, if they are the right version.

DAMN thats a long list!!!!

The one I'd like to get my hands on is this one:

Caterpillar 1160

AMT Ford LNT-8000

THAT BE KILLER!!!!!

I've got at least three engines from these
SAM_0365_zps2a794d9d.jpg

I bet it is the CAT V-8 then...... How soon do you think you could have the engines dug out for trading???? I ask as I'm gonna soon need them! (Thats why I'm on the hunt, now for them!)

So now then, what ya take for 2 of them, complete? -Might have to go to PM on this one Mob LOL

I'll dig them out over the weekend and I'll think of something.

Edit: I might only have one extra, but I can still send it to you.

Let me know for sure! I know I can make a "GO" with one, but it will take a bit of time as I wanna mold that little bastard!

I've been building model cars for 42 years now & it seems to never stop Here's what I'm building to go with them along with a gas station,diner with w HO scale race track running around the perimeter through the tops of some buildings on an area of 8'X8'

View attachment 1896 View attachment 1897 View attachment 1898 View attachment 1899 View attachment 1900

I have been building since I was 8,I'm 56 now.I love building but we have just moved and it will be a long while before I can get back to it.There are approximately 500 kits stashed in the garage for when I dive back in.

I have been building since I was 8,I'm 56 now.I love building but we have just moved and it will be a long while before I can get back to it.There are approximately 500 kits stashed in the garage for when I dive back in.
Damn! I have around 200 kits total after selling 100 kits for $200. At least they went to a 3 generation team of model builders. I need to get my butt in gear or start selling. I haven't completed a model in years. I still have an Italeri Pete 377 that has a painted basic chassis and the engine block.

Damn! I have around 200 kits total after selling 100 kits for $200. At least they went to a 3 generation team of model builders. I need to get my butt in gear or start selling. I haven't completed a model in years. I still have an Italeri Pete 377 that has a painted basic chassis and the engine block.

I know that sounds like a lot but I have been buying and selling kits since the 70's and they do accumulate....lol. I try and get a few finished every year but sometimes it's less and sometimes more depending on life.

I know that sounds like a lot but I have been buying and selling kits since the 70's and they do accumulate....lol. I try and get a few finished every year but sometimes it's less and sometimes more depending on life.
I was at an auction of a long time model builder, only painted them with a brush and knew what he was doing! There were a ton of built models, about 20 on a cardboard tray, and there was about 20-30 trays. He also had a ton of unbuilt models. There were 3 guys buying up everything, and they were paying straight retail prices. Some were old and worth more I suppose, but get were still paying retail for current kits. They'd let someone else buy the junk they didn't want, but you couldn't get in there to buy anything they wanted for less than premium money. They each ended up with easily over 150 models apiece. Those built models got some good money too.

I've thought about selling my collection but then I remember that no one will give me anything close to half of what they are worth, with the intention of selling at retail prices. I'll melt them down before I do that.
(The 100 models I sold were Chevy and Ford models, kept my Mopars and Semi trucks).

Back