• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What parts would you like to see made for your 72-93 Dodge truck

This an old thread but I would like to see 81-93 rear bed corners, full 8ft Sweptside body panels, Door skins for the bottom half, full bed floor replacements, dash bezels, interior parts other than carpets and weather stripping.

This an old thread but I would like to see 81-93 rear bed corners, full 8ft Sweptside body panels, Door skins for the bottom half, full bed floor replacements, dash bezels, interior parts other than carpets and weather stripping.
And Fiat wishes we were all driving new trucks. Thats not going to happen either.

Haha lol ...Friend of mine is trying to get a 77 grille and he just find some military one they are painted olive drab. maybe with some paint remover he could have a nice chrome one... Who knows....

Haha lol ...Friend of mine is trying to get a 77 grille and he just find some military one they are painted olive drab. maybe with some paint remover he could have a nice chrome one... Who knows....
There were a boatload of old Dodge 1/2 and 3/4 ton pick ups and Ramcharger like trucks back in the 80's. Must be scads of them laying around somewhere...

The Indian Nations liked those old trucks especially the 4 wheel drives. If they what one on a goverment sale it was gone.

There were a boatload of old Dodge 1/2 and 3/4 ton pick ups and Ramcharger like trucks back in the 80's. Must be scads of them laying around somewhere...

Cash For Clunkers took care of a lot of those EX Military trucks that were still on some bases.

Roofs for the Pre 72-80s and 01-93s that would be a great saver of the old dodge truck breed.

Cash For Clunkers took care of a lot of those EX Military trucks that were still on some bases.

Roofs for the Pre 72-80s and 01-93s that would be a great saver of the old dodge truck breed.
I would not be surprised to learn that there are one or more lots full of those old CUCCV trucks.

Been in an auction in germany years ago...( might be in 1993)they were auctioned for 50 bucks each yes $50.. Some of them were in very good condition but must of the time you need to buy 2 to get a nice one. Friend of mine bought 2 w200 crew cabs at the auction they were both able to to go on the road with minus work.

I would not be surprised to learn that there are one or more lots full of those old CUCCV trucks.
I'd live to find that! The dealers were required to kill them right on their lot, or close, something like that. I saw a video where they poured some concoction into the engine, which seized shortly after, they then pulled the engine and crushed the car. The car could not be sold, titled, parted, anything, it had to be destroyed so they could get their check from Uncle Scam. I don't think they cared about the vehicles, they sure don't care when I've been trying to buy from a dealership now, why would they have cared then?

I'd live to find that! The dealers were required to kill them right on their lot, or close, something like that. I saw a video where they poured some concoction into the engine, which seized shortly after, they then pulled the engine and crushed the car. The car could not be sold, titled, parted, anything, it had to be destroyed so they could get their check from Uncle Scam. I don't think they cared about the vehicles, they sure don't care when I've been trying to buy from a dealership now, why would they have cared then?
i'm reffering to the overseas stock that is prepositioned all over Europe. I have been to a couple of those facilities and they have thousands of all kinds and sizes of vehicles that are sitting there still brand new. Now, this was 30 years ago, but then they had new vehicles that were 30 years old then. The idea is that the first troops to gear up would use up those old, but still new, vehicles while we moved newer stuff into place behind them. Like for a land war...

Most of the truck were used on airport fields and on regular traffic . Seen a lot of m880/m884 with shelters m886/m890 a lot of dodge vans, ford and chevy they look well maintened...... Some were " wrecked, for the worst of them dents, dings,flat dry rotted tyres were current. A lot of those trucks were used as very good spare parts source. and then sold for scrap.

Back