• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What parts would you like to see made for your 72-93 Dodge truck

DodgeAddict

Reaction score
There's a fellow who asked on another forum about what Mopar parts would we like to see made
Myself & some others replied about truck stuff & anyway I offered to do a survey to see if there's enough market & what parts
repeat replies & I agree's are welcome
Just think of it as we're trying to win this as a group

Thanks, Bob

I know LMC is "supposed" to be adding those years to there list of parts in a couple of years . But I'll believe it when I see it . As far as what parts I'd like to see ? EVERYTHING ! LOL No seriously , I'd like to find some decent body panels that fit good ( like AMD ) but that are are reasonably priced . After that I'd like them to start with interior stuff like dash board pieces and then door panels and seat's and such .

So , what am I the only guy that wants to try and keep these trucks alive and be able to get some decent aftermarket parts for them ? Just remember that if they start doing 72 / 93's then there's a better chance of them starting to make stuff for earlier ones as well . Just look at what's available for the ford and chevy guys . But Mopar truck's there's almost nothing right now and what is out there is going to go away .

So , what am I the only guy that wants to try and keep these trucks alive and be able to get some decent aftermarket parts for them ? Just remember that if they start doing 72 / 93's then there's a better chance of them starting to make stuff for earlier ones as well . Just look at what's available for the ford and chevy guys . But Mopar truck's there's almost nothing right now and what is out there is going to go away .

My feelings exactly! I have a fellow who's famous Mopar family wants to add our trucks to their line of parts offered

If this deal don't work out I'm going to try myself with a line of custom panels,billet knobs, speaker grilles etc for our trucks

I can't believe know body else has any input on this subject . As a lot of people know , I sell parts for these truck's and I don't know how many times I hear "what do you mean that's not available anymore ?" , "I'm going nuts trying to find this or that" or "All I want is mint parts so I can do my truck right" . Hell even myself . I'm kicking myself because this time last year I could get quarters for my Ramcharger (with fuel door) for a really good price and I put off buying them and now this year there not available anymore ..... Come on people ! If you want to keep these trucks alive weather you need something right now or not then chime in . That's the "only" way anything will be done . .... OK , I think I've ranted enough . lol And please keep us or me posted Bob .

I need interior parts (manual window regulators .panels a/c controls & exterior accessories. I read in a magazine that the # of trucks (in percentage) registered after 10 yrs shows that there are More old Dodges on the road than Ford. & the lead moves between Dodge & what I call GMJunk with the change about 1% with Dodge in lead more than Chev.I read this in this after 2005. but the suppliers are blinded to this fact. we need lift kits & chrome also

Lift and lowering parts/grill guards and bumper replacement/ other performance goodies

I need interior parts (manual window regulators .panels a/c controls & exterior accessories. I read in a magazine that the # of trucks (in percentage) registered after 10 yrs shows that there are More old Dodges on the road than Ford. & the lead moves between Dodge & what I call GMJunk with the change about 1% with Dodge in lead more than Chev.I read this in this after 2005. but the suppliers are blinded to this fact. we need lift kits & chrome also
i have a lot of those parts in good shape from my 90 club cab

Just make sure what you sell him will work Chucky . Not all the parts from a 90 will be the same for an 86 . A lot do but not all . Just my two cents .
i have a lot of those parts in good shape from my 90 club cab

I'm glad to see some of you guy's are piping in finally ! So were are the rest of you ? Don't make me go into a rant again ! :mad2: lol . It's pretty bad when I restored a 56 GMC about a year or so ago for someone and all I had to do was open up a book and I could order everything I needed for it right down to the factory radio knobs . But when I go to do an older Dodge weather it be for me or someone else , I'm on the hunt for the simplest thing .

Just make sure what you sell him will work Chucky . Not all the parts from a 90 will be the same for an 86 . A lot do but not all . Just my two cents .
yeah. I won't sell him something that doesn't work. Not how I roll

I know you would "never" intently sell him the wrong thing , That was just a friendly reminder that there are a few difference's between the years . :becky:
yeah. I won't sell him something that doesn't work. Not how I roll

Our beloved Chrysler Corp. fixed this back in the 80's to control aftermarket parts if I rember correctly. I also would like to be able to at least see items in someones cataloge, you can build GM almost completely out of one. But trying to find even baisc correct info. on my Dodge is time consuming. By the was my daily drive is a 83 D350 360 gas duelly 4:58 gears would like to install overdrive have search the web for 3 weeks now. Still have no idea if 47RH will bolt to it.

Interior pieces such as dash ,glove box doors, door panels, small door mirrors( mid-late 70's).. Trim around headliner above the windshield( 80's). Lil Red Express/Ramcharger rear bumper... Front grille..

Back