• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What parts would you like to see made for your 72-93 Dodge truck

I really wish there were more aftermarket options as far as suspension and such. Then again I do like the fact that to do something to our trucks you have to really put in some work and be creative. But then sometimes I don't. :drama: I can't stand how everyone talks about some upgrade they bought for their cheby or ford and it just bolted right on.

Last edited:
I'm down for front suspension stuff, like drop spindles, tubular control arms. also a kit to move the gas tank yo the back like a ramcharger, Bucket seat risers for swaps from a bench. an affordable alternative for a manual box like a world class 5spd, kit to change clutch from manual to hydraulic.more swap kit stuff. a motor to b or rb. rear axle 7.750 to what ever. how about a kit to move the leaf springs in so you get the use of the entire wheel well. lets see hmm I think that is a good start.

got another one front bumper delete roll pan/valance with air dam. LED tail lights and clear turn signals

I would love to see sheet metal that's good and interior parts tail lights for step sides that are actually correct not some generic universal piece I could go on and on

I'm down for front suspension stuff, like drop spindles, tubular control arms. also a kit to move the gas tank yo the back like a ramcharger, Bucket seat risers for swaps from a bench. an affordable alternative for a manual box like a world class 5spd, kit to change clutch from manual to hydraulic.more swap kit stuff. a motor to b or rb. rear axle 7.750 to what ever. how about a kit to move the leaf springs in so you get the use of the entire wheel well. lets see hmm I think that is a good start.
That's a hellava wish list , I like it ! I'd be curious on the spring relocation and what someone's ideas for it would be . I've tried to think of a couple of ways of doing that myself , but the main issues I have that I haven't figured out yet is how to get around the fuel tank with the spring bracket . On the mid tank trucks , the front tank is in the way for the front hanger and on the rear tank trucks . The tank is in the way for the rear bracket . As far as your rear axle swap , your best bet as of right now is to find a 70's 8 3/4 out of a truck or van . There out there , you just have to find them . That's good for most of us with the 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern . But you guy's with the mid 80's 5 on 5" are kind of out of luck unless you want to either swap your front to match the rear or build the one you have . Just my two cents . ;)

Hey bear have you thought about a triangulated 4 link for the rear you can use your stock leaf spring mounts for the lowers and offset them to clear everything and cram tires in clear to the frame would be pretty sweet

Hey bear have you thought about a triangulated 4 link for the rear you can use your stock leaf spring mounts for the lowers and offset them to clear everything and cram tires in clear to the frame would be pretty sweet
I've thought about it , because It would be nice to get a bigger then I have now tire on the rear . :rolleyes: But two things stop me . # 1 I'm trying to keep it kind of period correct . #2 The fuel tank is in the way at the moment . I am planning on eventually moving it to the rear with either a factory Ramcharger tank or a fuel cell . But that's at a later date . So for now at least , I'm working with the leaf springs .
IMG_4890.JPG

I'm running leafs on my warlock too e-body 8&3/4 moser axles spool & 2" drop shackles and if memory serves I think 4 degrees of pinion angle

I'm running leafs on my warlock too e-body 8&3/4 moser axles spool & 2" drop shackles and if memory serves I think 4 degrees of pinion angle
Have you posted any pictures of yours ? It sounds dam close to what I'm running . Did you mount your rear axle as a spring under and keep the factory perch's on the housing or did you mount it as a spring over and weld on new perch's like the truck originally had ?

I kept it spring over with new perches and used Chevy drop shackles from summit racing I think I posted one pic under introduction it's a 78 canyon red warlock with a 440 and yes I think we do have pretty similar set ups lol I need to get better about posting stuff

Yeah , Now I remember your truck . :) You should post up some more pictures of it . If I remember right , It was a dam nice look'in truck ! :cool: And a big block too boot ! :wideyed:

image.jpeg
It's not too bad mostly original paint it's getting due to be redone just haven't brought myself to do it yet plus I'm getting ready to tear my power wagon down so I can give it a fresh paint job

View attachment 7333 It's not too bad mostly original paint it's getting due to be redone just haven't brought myself to do it yet plus I'm getting ready to tear my power wagon down so I can give it a fresh paint job
Yep , That's the Warlock I remember ! If I remember right It was a pretty quick truck too boot ! You should start a thread on it and tell us about it and how you got it this far . I'm sure there's a few things that you've done to it that people would be interested in hearing on how you did it . That's how or why I started my build thread . A lot of people were asking me question's on how or why I did something and I had already had my truck up and running . So I started the thread . Of course mine is an on going build . But now people cane see it as it evolves for them selves . Your Power Wagon would also make a good build thread as well even if it is just body and paint .

Yes I have thought about since I have pretty much done all the mechanicals to it I drive the wheels off of that I love it but I like my trucks better than cars and apoearantly so does my oldest son we are selling his dusters bc he wants a pop top ramcharger and I'm toying with selling my 70 super bee for more trucks haha at my house we have bad habits according to my better half the warlock is her truck lol

You guys thought about fasteners? Specified nuts and bolts. I'm doing a resto-mod on a 1977 Dodge military W200. Can't find cab mounting bolts p/n 6029643.

I have new bushings and washers. I need the nuts. Thanks for taking a look for me. Sure wish I could find a cross reference for Chrysler part numbers, especially fasteners.

Back