• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

what gas mileage?

Bullshit........... Buddy of mine dyno'd his pretty well stock dak, was running almost 10:1 a/f at WOT..... Stock tune....... How's that for economy? Not toogreat......
What did I say.
so they should be able to tweak the mileage out of them better. <---- I didn't say they were.

I figured out why it got confusing. I have dial up and by the time I post a bunch beat me. Also I should start quoting.

Okay I don't know much on the newer line of engines. I know the 5.2 and 5.9 are v-8s in fact I have some but isn't there a smaller v-8? List the new line of v-8s of dodge thank you I was using ford as an example earlier too.

Last edited:
All of dodges recent v8s offered in a dak: 4.7 5.2 5.9......Dodge also has a 5.7 hemi, and a 6.1 hemi, but those did not come in the daks

That's ridiculous. I can't figure out how they can sell something that bad. Even motors from the 50's have had twice that mileage.

That's right! Which is why my 2000 dakota has a brand new carbed 408 about to go into it with a 727 transmission, no cats, no sensors, and no dead weight.

Thanks alot.

5.7 is a good engine for the most part.

The 4.7 is absolute plastic gunker crap with 30 miles of timing chain.
I had one in my durango and it was junk.

I still much prefer the older v8 to the new. But the newer hemis are very promising.

A club cab RT is pushing 4400# its alot of ass to move.

Well, without all the crap associated with the EFI, no A/C, and all the rest of the junk like wiring harness excess steel and stuff liek that out of it, it ought to sit at about 3800.
With 550 hp, it should be a solid 11 second performer with excellent street manners.

Okay that makes alot more sense to me. I would have said 360 modified to 408 or something. That is a damn good choice. Not sure what that beast will get for mileage though, is it 2bbl or 4?

Well, without all the crap associated with the EFI, no A/C, and all the rest of the junk like wiring harness excess steel and stuff liek that out of it, it ought to sit at about 3800.
With 550 hp, it should be a solid 11 second performer with excellent street manners.

You could add the lost weight by loading it down with blonds.

Okay that makes alot more sense to me. I would have said 360 modified to 408 or something. That is a damn good choice. Not sure what that beast will get for mileage though, is it 2bbl or 4?

Here she is...

408CIDChrysler.jpg

This is all of chryslers crap de-engineered and then re-engineered PROPERLY. lol
I am willing to bet this engine can beat the old engines MPG by a good deal due to volumetric efficiency.
The factory 5.9 is choked, overfueled and undertimed. It's a joke compared to what it can be made into.

Back