• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

what gas mileage?

black gold

Reaction score
I always wanted a 4x4 dakota with a v-8. I know they get horrible gas mileage though. What do you guys get with the v-8 and what year and liter.

thanks
miles

Yep, 14 mpg with fresh 02 sensors is about right in a heavier 4x4. Maybe a couple more on a 2wd.

not when its supercharged POS.......i average 12-13 city....LOL

That's ridiculous. I can't figure out how they can sell something that bad. Even motors from the 50's have had twice that mileage.

98 CC R/T with mild engine work (cam, rockers, intake, exhaust)...~12 MPG

Wow, I would expect the Dak's to get better than that.
My Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 extended cab 5.4, with towing package, gets 13 around town and 18 on the high way. I think it weighs in at 5300 lbs.

Fucking Dakotas weigh more than they can haul. If you're looking for fuel economy, stay far away. Actually, it's safer to just stay away from them...period.

Fucking Dakotas weigh more than they can haul. If you're looking for fuel economy, stay far away. Actually, it's safer to just stay away from them...period.

good advice............

Maybe but the fullsize is still heavier and has more liters. I myself think it is a result of poor engineering. Either they change the gearing or use older style motors.

bet it doesnt move out like my 96.......LOL
What 96, a Dak? Probably not, but it still is no slug for a stock Mini Van.
I had a 1986 Caravan V6 that use to get 30+mpg, lighter van and less power than the Toyota.
These manufacturers now brag about some of their cars getting 30mpg. It is such crap. My 65 Belvedere /6 3 on the tree got 25.
A few of the late 70's cars got close to 50.

Back