• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

isaacpavao

Reaction score
Hello, I have acquired a 1967 dodge 200 power wagon with a engine swap for a Chevy 350 I believe. It is lifted and comes with a set of 44 super swampers. It’s a beast. The truck has been sitting in a field for 13 years. I know my way around an engine, but this will be my first project and I’m really excited to start. Just wondering what you guys think the first move should be to get it running again. And would love to hear your thoughts about it. Thanks

4C205AFD-0EB0-43EE-BEC4-9A4F65395519.jpeg

50D7592E-6BE6-4875-A278-6BB94CC48CDC.jpeg

AB4932E5-E1C9-4F0A-956B-FC1C99506D56.jpeg

pull the chevy out and mount a dodge engine in it , from the couple of pics it looks like a great pickup to restore . it would be a great unit with a stroked 360 or 319 , 4.0 crank in the 360 makes 416 4.0 crank in a 318 makes 399 . and i make an adpter to use a chevy v8 dizzy in a early mopar hemi , l , la engines . so you could keep that coil in the cap dizzy if you wanted . and of course this site has issues loading pics , so pm me i'll show you one of my adpters .

Welcome from the Mitten, looks like a pre 87 SBC. What trans is in there? I would bet it's GM also. If you want to go back Mopar your going to need Engine, Trans and Transfer Case I bet.

Oldest son did a 63 power wagon and installed the drive train for a newer Ram Hemi 4x4. Got it running computer and all, but before it was finished someone offered him more than he figured it would ever be worth. Wish I still had pictures.

another vote for returning the drivetrain to Mopar. Great project, love to see more pics.

Welcome to the site. Pull that 350 and find a Mopar small block to throw in.

We are here to help you spend your money the right way. And for whatever extra you feel necessary. :shame:

As is the case always, fully assess the cost to repair then make a sound decision AND GET RID OF THAT DAMN CHEVY ENGINE!

Looks pretty decent from the pictures.

Welcome aboard.

just got this one home yesterday , its a 71 d200 camper special was 383 auto air ps pb , its a prefect to fix up orangey , or orangey can remod it into a d100 shorty . but again 3mb pics won't post , why not ?

Thanks to you al for the info, here’s a question. How would you Register it if the owner gave it to you but he lost the pink slip and passed away. Just wondering What it now classifies as?

That could prove to be an obstacle but not impossible! I'd start with calling your states BMV and not the local one, call the main office. Generally your local offices only handle straight up title transfers so when you throw them a curve ball they're absolutely lost and tell you your screwed (they don't know the laws). If that doesn't produce any options you can always file for a court ordered title (I've done this in Ohio). It's not quick, easy, nor fun but it's as legal as you can get. I've also heard of title companies that do this regularly... I question the legallity of it but???

Thanks to you al for the info, here’s a question. How would you Register it if the owner gave it to you but he lost the pink slip and passed away. Just wondering What it now classifies as?
Paging Paul - Paging Paul
Paul lives in California. For the number of trucks he has I would bet he has the answer.

Too nice to part out. What we would give for that condition of truck up here in Minnesota.

Last edited:
Back