• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

Fired up a pot of Dunkin today, time to watch some boob tube about crackpots, we got some people that believe weird stuff is going on this country.

Last edited:
Made 4 cups of Death Wish to prepare me for inspecting a car in this freezing cold. Called the seller to make sure it worked for him, and the car was sold! Now I am bundled up for no reason. :bored:

Good news, I figured out where my Long Johns were.

4 cups yesterday morning, 2 before church and 2 during. When I got home I decided to move some cars around. I brought the air tanks from work to air up the tires on my Vue. It has been sitting since Halloween when I hit that deer. I have my sons Cad sitting in the driveway, battery was weak and I had to jump it. I wanted to move the daughter in laws old Freestyle to put the Vue where it's parked, I had to jump it also. The battery was stone dead. Tried to run my air compressor and I couldn't get it warm enough and it keep tripping the breaker. My snowplow truck developed a misfire suddenly. I was fed up with everything at this point. I moved the 2 cars and went inside. But I did see the Buc's win the Super Bowl later

When it rains it pours. Sounds like my fleet. "I'll just fire this one up and move it." Rrrrr, rrr, click. At least I have multiple batteries, one has to be good! :smuggrin:

Had three cups of Dunkin, and I must have put more grounds in than I thought. I was a little jittery taking more parts off the dash. Didn't help while I was trying to be patient and careful!

Started with 2 cups this morning, picked up a dist cap on the way to the shop and changed it out before I started work. Misfire is gone.

It must have burnt through somewhere in this area. I couldn't see it, but #2 and 8 had misfires and they are running next to each other in that area.

Inkeddist cap_LI.jpg

The Dunkin was fine today, gave me the right amount of energy to finish going through the Hot Wheels I'll be selling. Time to get rid of stuff I never touch.

Started with a cup this morning, picked up my kid to help me pick up a bed for some friends, stopped at Mcdonalds and got a coffee, dropped off the bed, filled the truck and got my freebie coffee with a fill up, came home and did some work on this.....
98 ZRT 600.jpg

98 ZRT 600 1.jpg

I drained the fuel tank and found this.....

bad fuel.jpg

Full of water, pulled the carbs to clean and soaked the choke on the one with break away. It is stuck and the cable is broke, I have a new cable for it

600.jpg

600 1.jpg

Pile O carbs...

Carb.jpg

This is the cause of the issue, the fuel cap had a level gauge and now it's gone and piled up it the tank leaving a hole for water to get into the tank.

Cap.jpg

I ordered up one of these...

fuel cap.jpg

fuel cap2.jpg

I just got this sled this spring, I sold a 73 Arctic Cat 440 Panther to a guy and he traded this to me for a 77 Ski Doo TnT 440 Free Air that I had. I think I got the better deal

Started with a cup this morning, picked up my kid to help me pick up a bed for some friends, stopped at Mcdonalds and got a coffee, dropped off the bed, filled the truck and got my freebie coffee with a fill up, came home and did some work on this.....
View attachment 18777

View attachment 18778

I drained the fuel tank and found this.....

View attachment 18779

Full of water, pulled the carbs to clean and soaked the choke on the one with break away. It is stuck and the cable is broke, I have a new cable for it

View attachment 18780

View attachment 18781

Pile O carbs...

View attachment 18782

This is the cause of the issue, the fuel cap had a level gauge and now it's gone and piled up it the tank leaving a hole for water to get into the tank.

View attachment 18783

I ordered up one of these...

View attachment 18784
View attachment 18785

I just got this sled this spring, I sold a 73 Arctic Cat 440 Panther to a guy and he traded this to me for a 77 Ski Doo TnT 440 Free Air that I had. I think I got the better deal
That looks like the ZR I crunched into a tree, it was red-ish. After they got it fixed (it wasn't mine) their daughter did the same thing, but into the gas pump island!

Figured I'd get some coffee made early, you know, noon. :happy: Perfect for watching an interview with W Bush on 9/11 before I watch some NASCAR, which I haven't done in years. I liked watching the crashes in qualifying, and the truck series, I hope there's some good ones in the 500.

More Death Wish was in store today, some when I woke up this afternoon, and I just made some a half hour ago, nothing like some coffee around 9pm. The Death Wish has a nice bold flavor, I really do enjoy it. I got some cleaning done while it was brewing, now it's time to watch some recorded shows! Can't wait for warmer weather so I can work on cars again.

1 cups to start, went through Mc'Ds, got some rec 90 fuel, came back home and started my heater in the shed and went to work on my sled. Got the carbs back on, choke cables installed, seat back on, blew out the fuel lines and fuel pump, filled the tank and tried starting it. It took a little bit because of the water loaded fuel that was in it. Finally running, changed the plugs and we took it out of the shed. Ripped it some and shredded the old belt.

belt.jpg

My new fuel cap came yesterday also

fuel cap4.jpg

Fuel cap3.jpg

I got 2 short videos of my youngest on it.

The neighbors kid has been riding a bunch, I hear him and some other neighbors riding around the 'hood. Always a good thing!

I sent the kid after a new belt yesterday, we got it on and that's when I shot those short videos. Man is it quick, a lot faster then my old sleds.

2 cups yesterday to get going, took the daughters Deville in to the shop and changed out the RF lower control arm, RF strut and installed some cam bolts for a wheel alignment. My son picked it up for her to replace the Freestyle she had, it will work until they buy something else for her. They got it from a friend of her family, it was repaired at some time a new tire on LF, strut on LF, new fender and headlight.

I got back home and worked on a 08 Dakota for my other sons friend, this kid has been around for about 16 years so I guess he is like one of our own. He will usually help out when I work on his stuff, but he had to work. The 4.7 in it had a misfire, he already changed the plugs and #3 coil so I checked the injector, pulse signal to the injector and coil and compression. I pulled the valve cover and found the #3 exhaust rocker arm out of place, popped it back in place, put the valve cover back on and 8 cylinders again.

dakota.jpg

valve cover.jpg

Not the best picture, but you can see the lifter tip without the rocker arm and the # 5 intake rocker arm

rocker1.jpg

Back