• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

I had an old one, but no training on using it so I finally found someone to take it off my hands.
They are simple to use, had two at the parts store shop. I wish I would have learned to use the other equipment, I could have built my own engines.

Do you have your own lathe, or is that at the shop? One guy in town had one, but he closed up two years ago. Someone should have one, I could use it for a couple of cars.
I used the one at the shop, any local auto parts have one?

I used the one at the shop, any local auto parts have one?
No, not with these throw away rotors they sell these days. It was the last old school shop in town, both style and the building, he had cleaned up a pair of drums and they were on their last legs, another lost soul in the automotive arts that is mechanics. I'm at the point where I have to explain things to younger techs. And my mechanic wants to retire, bet I still can get him to tune my SixPac setup though. I'll be video recording that session.

My daily needed some love, the frame in front of and under the front leaf spring perch was rotten. When I had the fuel tank out last year I repaired the inside of the drivers side frame rail. I was hearing some noise and the spring perch on the passenger was being pushed up into the frame rail. So I took care of it today. Took 2 cups of coffee to start and 1 large McDonalds during and I ended up with this....

LFT side in front of the perch outside of the frame rail

LF side rail.jpg

LFT side perch and behind it

LF side rail2.jpg

Bottom of the LFT frame in front of the perch

Bottom front LF.jpg

Bottom of the LFT side behind the perch

Bottom rear LF.jpg

RT side inner frame rail in front of the perch

RT inner frame rail frt.jpg

RT side inner frame rail and perch

RT inner frame rail and perch.jpg

RT side bottom of frame rail behind the perch

Rear RT bottom rail.jpg

RT side outer frame rail

RT outer rail Frt.jpg

RT side frame rail and perch

RT outer rail.jpg

Some black rubberized undercoat to hide all the imperfections:D

2 cups this morning and I haven't done a thing. Just sitting around and looking at the computer

1 cup to get me rolling, fixed a buddy's wood splitter. Stopped and filled the plow truck, grabbed a cup and plowed 2 parking lots.
Beautiful snowy day here

I don't remember or missed it:sorry:
Ok, I'll help you.

PXL_20210102_230616455.jpg

I haven't posted anything yet on FCBO, but will in a day or two

It was 43 when I left my napping place in Oregon, but it's down to 33 in Missoula, MT. At least the steep passes are behind me, still some good ones, but not like Lookout Pass.

So after seeing Scott@Locumob talk about this
Death wish.jpg

I did a google search and found it's sold at Walmart. When I was there shopping last night my kid hunted it down and we decided to give it a try. It's pretty good, the kid say's it's some serious gourmet shit. After I made a pot I then read the bag, they want you to use a lot more grounds then I added. If I use what they suggest it should have it's full potency.

2 cups of it and I took my Torrent to the shop to check out the tires and wheels. I found a bent wheel in front and moved it to the rear until I get another one. Took a load of scrap to the yard, it's been sitting in my plow truck since fall. I needed to get it out of there so I had a place for bags of salt.

Had a reheated half cup of Dunkin this morning, followed by a cup of Fufu before helping a friend. Couldn't do what we wanted so I headed back home, will help him in the morning. I'll probably have a cup of the Death Wish before I leave.

Started Saturday by making a pot of Death Wish, drank one cup and took one for the road, I went to a friends to change 2 injectors in his Tahoe. He gave me 2 more cups of joe while I was working on it. Go figure I get it all back together and one of the reman injectors is bad and flooding a cylinder with fuel. Took it back apart and ordered another injector. I guess I know what I will be doing next Saturday.

I had some Death Wish this morning, at half strength. I have a great mug that keeps it warm for hours, so it was still warm five hours later!

Had another cup of Death Wish coffee yesterday, then talked to a friend in the phone. Forgot how strong it is until I was talking a million miles an hour! It will get you moving!

But of course, I'm lazy and just watched TV. :facepalm:

One cup to wake me up and one for the road. I drove up to my friends place, installed the injector, started it, set the cam retard and it's running good.👍

Back