• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Slow people in the Fast Lane

I couldn't believe that when we drove past a car getting stripped. A team of guys taking the engine apart is what I saw. It was already up on blocks.
One time we where towing a big block Olds that I had built for someone and we where stuck in traffic on 95 south in NY . We look to the left and what's sitting there but an older front wheel drive Bonneville with the trunk open . They must have removed the back seat because there were four guys steeling the guard rails right off the highway and sliding them thru the trunk of the car and coming out into where the back seat was . It was the funniest thing I ever saw ! That pore Pontiac sitting so low in the rear from the weight of all that metal sticking out probably seven or eight feet out of the back of it . I also remember keeping an eye on the Olds on the trailer behind me hoping no one got the bright idea to try jumping on the trailer to try and strip that as well while we sitting there in traffic ! Although I don't think those big ass slicks would have fit any of there lil imports . lol

I hate slow traffic allot less when I'm in the Charger haha. I was out on one those roads with few passing spots the other day behind a long line of really slow cars and getting aggrevated when I thought...... wait, this isn't my wifes Cruze! Dropped from 5th to 3rd, pedal to the floor and 100mph in no time haha. You guys just need a faster car lol.

You mean one of these?
PICT0993.JPG
PICT0995.JPG
DSC00089.JPG

Well, winter finally showed up last night. I was in the Minneapolis area and got to drive home in the snow. Wasn't too bad, the road underneath was fine, the drivers, well that's a different story. I've never passed so many 4x4's and AWD Suv's in my life. It only took me 20 minutes extra going 50 instead of 70/75. A little over an hour and a half later, I passed the last "big" town and the roads were done and there were only a car and a truck that I saw. Passed the car going 20, uuugghh! The truck wasn't drunk like the car might have been and went as fast as I was so it worked out well. We live here year after year, but no one remembers how to drive when it snows.

Well, winter finally showed up last night. We live here year after year, but no one remembers how to drive when it snows.
It's funny , I say the same thing every year here as well . People that live in New England forget how to drive come the first snow . We got about 2" of wet heavy slush and freezing rain yesterday and there where more wipeouts then you could count . I used to love driving in the snow but as years have gone by and drivers have gotten worse I've grown to hate it . Not because of the weather but just dealing with people that don't have a clue behind the wheel .

I am agreing with all of you about inclimate weather. Out here in Southern Cali. We don't get much rain but when it does rain, people drive like it was a monsoon or something rather. Freeway speed drops to a crawling pace, everyone is braking for no reason and then you have the "Dummies!" With their sport cars, sedans and SUV's with summer tires hauling ass and hydroplaning right in front of you. Bloody idiots! What ever happened to common sense?

How many people realize that that's a 440 Hops ? I've had people stand right in front of my Warlock with the hood open and tell me it's a 360 . What really makes me laugh is that it says 440 right on top of my air cleaner ! :confused:

It is a bit different, when the young ones ask what it is I tell them 7.2!

It is a bit different, when the young ones ask what it is I tell them 7.2!
I was so amazed one time that I told a guy that no it wasn't a 360 , it was a black & Decker 225 . I swear I could see the wheals turning in his head over that one . lol

it was a black & Decker 225 .
When I have my hood shut and some goofball asks me what's under the hood, I use a line from the movie Hot Rod (the 70's one for tv) and tell them, "it's a Black & Decker aquarium pump". They leave more puzzled than before they asked.

When I have my hood shut and some goofball asks me what's under the hood, I use a line from the movie Hot Rod (the 70's one for tv) and tell them, "it's a Black & Decker aquarium pump". They leave more puzzled than before they asked.
WOW ! I remember that movie ! That's one of my favorite gear head movies . Starts off with rattle caning black a Hemi powered 65 and then after rolling the 65 in a street race with a 69 Olds . He finds a 41 Willy's to drop the motor in to race that . :cool:

Only a matter of time till I blow the motor, it only has one speed.....all out! The motor actually is out of a boat that sank with less than 100 hours on it. Add a cam, good intake, gear drive and 10 to 1 pistons and it is quite healthy. Love voodoo cams!

Back