• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Slow people in the Fast Lane

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
I've always had a pet peeve about people lolly gagging in the fast lane on the freeway and tonight, I pissed a guy off something fierce. He was ahead of me going somewhere around the speed limit when I came up to him. I didn't do any NASCAR drafting, which I'm pretty good at, and all of a sudden he speeds up to about 15 over or more and got about an eigth mile ahead of me. And then slowed back down to the speed limit. I came up again at 5 over. He moved into the right lane. Cool, he figured it out. As I passed him I noticed him yelling like a drill sergeant, at me. I normally don't, but this time I flicked him the bird. (I was in a 2008 Dodge Avenger so I don't know if he saw it through the massive C pillar the car has) So Mr. Irate pulls behind me and he starts drafting me. I gave the Team America super secret signal (arms flailing) to let him know I was super scared. Passing other slow people in the right lane with my shadow behind me, I stuck him in the right lane as I snuck ahead of a blocker in the left lane. He zoomed around the blocker a few moments later but I was far enough ahead that he wasn't going to catch up before I reached my exit. I've always wondered why these people that go slow and then speed up and turn into Mario Andretti don't just go a little quicker in the first place. I've also wanted to have a remote blood pressure monitoring device to see the spike in their pressure (I do like dreaming of goofy crap!). He probably was mad for at least another 15 minutes or more and I had a good chuckle and some Chicago style driving. 15 years of delivering auto parts and a year of flowers, which I received more calls than the company ever got before and I really did drive responsibly, will give you some abilities and maybe some bad habits. We used to say "Take chances, pass on the right" at the parts store! I always try to be polite and help people decide to move over to the right, but some people just don't get it. And if you do drive slow and generally stay in the right lane, passing someone at 1mph faster than they are traveling is SOOOOO wrong. Especially if you cut someone off to do that. I'm glad I lve in the country so most of my travels are hassle free, but whenever I go to a bigger city, I was in a city population over 100,000 today, I always encounter at least one person I think needs remedial drivers training. It surely can't be me! Oh well, rant over.

There's drivers like that most everywhere Mob . It drives me nuts when I'm in the Hammer lane and I come up on some clown going ten miles under the speed limit and the don't move over and I end up riding there rear bumper . I mean come on ! If your in some lil piece of crap and you look in your rear view and all you can see is my front plate , then that should be your first hint to get over to the right ! And they hate it if you try and get by them! Then when you do finally get by them they get all pissed off and have to try there hardest to get ahead of you again . "THATS" when I start have fun with them and let them start making stupid moves that makes them drop farther and farther back . :D

Another thing that kills me is when I come across people on the road that are to busy texting or talking on the phone rather then paying attention to the way there driving !

There's drivers like that most everywhere Mob . It drives me nuts when I'm in the Hammer lane and I come up on some clown going ten miles under the speed limit and the don't move over and I end up riding there rear bumper . I mean come on ! If your in some lil piece of crap and you look in your rear view and all you can see is my front plate , then that should be your first hint to get over to the right ! And they hate it if you try and get by them! Then when you do finally get by them they get all pissed off and have to try there hardest to get ahead of you again . "THATS" when I start have fun with them and let them start making stupid moves that makes them drop farther and farther back . :D

Sound like entrapment to me! LMAO

I live 2 hours south of the Twin Cities (minneapolis and st. Paul) and have to go to the eye doctor up there. Every time I get to the outer ring of the suburbs, the stupidity begins. And most times my blood pressure go up at least ten points. I wish people would just use their brain for two seconds.

There's drivers like that most everywhere Mob.

I know. I just can't get over how dumb people can be. I generally drive faster than most everyone, but I'm not an ass about it or rude.

Okay fellas. Allow me to share how it is out here. Please Google, OC. California, Newport Beach. This is the area where I work. People driving $150.000 plus cars/suv and exotics driving 5-10 miles below posted speed limits on 'PCH' (65mph). The only place in Southern California to have the highest posted speed limit besides our highway posted speed (65) limits due to the "1 percentiles!"
The County and State do! favor the super higher income brackets. But sad to see and hear a McLaren choke on it's own "breath".

They just want to make sure you see their car! They didn't pay that much for you not to see it.

California is nuts for dumb drivers. I've been privileged enough to ride in cars in San Diego, LA, San Francisco/Oakland. The San Francisco bay bridge doubles as a parking lot, and every other highway I was on during daylight hours!

California is nuts for dumb drivers. I've been privileged enough to ride in cars in San Diego, LA, San Francisco/Oakland. The San Francisco bay bridge doubles as a parking lot, and every other highway I was on during daylight hours!
Know what is funny I live in the polar opposite (and you are right about Newport beach, like the Hamptons in NY) Everyone drives fast here except the farm tractors! I would say the average value of a car is 12-15k with plenty of good ol boy pickemups! Funny the more you spend on a car the slower you drive it! Obama needs to do a study on it. I will do it for a 5,.000,000.00 grant!

Back when I use to travel up and down the east coast I never needed a sign to tell me what state I was in . Coming back I'd start off say in Florida and everybody on 95 would think they where in a Nascar race . You'd see a half a dozen cars drafting each other going in between traffic at high speeds . You'd hit Georgia and the only thing you'd have to look out for was that cop ( you know , the one with the mirror sunglass's with the mirror on the inside ! ) hidden in the bush's somewhere with a radar gun . You hit the border of SC and it was open road and all you would see is the signs for Pedro's . Cross over into NC and still wide open road and if you came across other cars they would move over out of your way . Then after that , the farther North you got the more you would see a certain finger pop up from other drivers , traffic , and stupid moves . Get to NY and you would see people stripping cars right on the side of the highway . Into Conn and you started watching out for speed traps all over again . And don't get me started on RI and Mass .

Get to NY and you would see people stripping cars right on the side of the highway
I couldn't believe that when we drove past a car getting stripped. A team of guys taking the engine apart is what I saw. It was already up on blocks.

They just want to make sure you see their car! They didn't pay that much for you not to see it.
So true! But it's not me they want to "show off" to, it's the other fella/gal that's driving a Ferrari 'California' and the show off is driving a Lamborgini Aventador.
It's stupid sick out here.

True that! Same here in LA/OC area.

Know what is funny I live in the polar opposite (and you are right about Newport beach, like the Hamptons in NY) Everyone drives fast here except the farm tractors! I would say the average value of a car is 12-15k with plenty of good ol boy pickemups! Funny the more you spend on a car the slower you drive it! Obama needs to do a study on it. I will do it for a 5,.000,000.00 grant!
It is the fucking truth man! Your statement is right on!!!

Back when I use to travel up and down the east coast I never needed a sign to tell me what state I was in . Coming back I'd start off say in Florida and everybody on 95 would think they where in a Nascar race . You'd see a half a dozen cars drafting each other going in between traffic at high speeds . You'd hit Georgia and the only thing you'd have to look out for was that cop ( you know , the one with the mirror sunglass's with the mirror on the inside ! ) hidden in the bush's somewhere with a radar gun . You hit the border of SC and it was open road and all you would see is the signs for Pedro's . Cross over into NC and still wide open road and if you came across other cars they would move over out of your way . Then after that , the farther North you got the more you would see a certain finger pop up from other drivers , traffic , and stupid moves . Get to NY and you would see people stripping cars right on the side of the highway . Into Conn and you started watching out for speed traps all over again . And don't get me started on RI and Mass .
I'm laughing out load Bear. You're a great story teller, as I was reading I saw the whole image playing in my head. Good stuff.

Back