• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Mid to upper 80's so far this week. Haze from those Canadian fires, they keep saying we're going to get into the 90's, so I'll keep waiting. Then we stay in the 90's for a week. Place your bets!

Both Monday and Tuesday were in the 80's and humid. A thunderstorm rolled through about 5 yesterday afternoon and started a cool down. Today was in the 70's with no humidity.:)

Was nice here today in the shade anyway. Had to work on the brake lights on the truck. Had to manually activate the brakes on the trailer yesterday when we moved. Brake controller is connected to the brake switch so you guessed it no brake lights either. So this afternoon the brake switch was pulled, disassembled, cleaned and back together. This is a brake and cruise control switch and no one stocks it. That and for the $40 buck it will get cleaned and put back till the two halves no longer go back together.

Slow day today. Weather was nice. Did some shopping, repaired the jack's on the trailer and visited family. Tomorrow we head home. Hope everyone in truck land is ok. Cindy you need to put those fires out that are now messing up our air quality.

Very nice weather here, very warm during the day and 50s at night, very low humidity, Bob must be feeling better, he changed the fan clutch on the Silverado, installed a new heating element in his hot water parts washer, then went to our daughters house to clean out the bathroom sink drain yesterday,
743256CA-7C89-4202-A6CE-9410B4C1A20D.png

Morning Cindy. Perfect summer day here today high in the 70's. Wife is going river tubing with the Daughter and SIL today and a few others. She should have a good time!

We made it home finally.
Hot, will be in the 90's and feel like over 100. The air yesterday smelled of wood smoke.
Now to get some chores done at home. Washing machine needs fixed, tractor tire to repair and lawn to mow are on top of the list.
Plus the jobs for other people. We were planning on being gone 1.5 weeks not 3.

Rain was forecasted and I got some. Was coming down hard earlier but now has tapered off. My kid wanted to wait to mow the Church today:banghead: I did it last night though.:) For once the weather man was right

Just been stewing in the upper 80's/lower 90's this week. Humidity keeps creeping up, I'll have fun pulling a stub frame off a car after I go in for a short day at work. This coming week is going to have heat indexes over 100, sure I'll accomplish nothing in the garage during that time. Or I'll lose water weight each night!

Been doing a post covid 6000 sf home light bulb replacement today. Four floors and $90 worth of bulbs later. I think I am gaining. But going up and down stairs and climbing the step ladder has about done me in for one day.

Been working a lot, so I haven't dealt with the heat too much, but we got to 90 and I didn't think it was so bad. Gonna have an extreme heat advisory tomorrow and the next day. Fun!

Back