• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Paul just noticed where you are at, I worked at Moffet Field around 10 years ago for a while, really could not afford a house within 100 miles so now I am her in PA, definitely miss the weather.

yes it summer sunny weather here with some cool coastal winds , well ten years ago you were here , housing has gotten more costly and now there building muti-family complexes everywhere . traffic is stupid . so i ride my 26'' cruzer most days . lol . and still work on hot rods daily . and yes i've got a few more single point types hanging out , just found some 70 issue b and rb . they look good , both from runners . they have a box mounted to there housings , even found a box full of the old cast iron duel point types some with the tach /injection drives . not sure what i'm doing them the early iron one yet . old school hot rodders like their look . and seeking of hot rodders . my 69 d200 crew cab is looking sweet with that 440 setting in it engine bay . dressing it out with weiand intake , moroso chromed rocker covers and air cleaner , black headers on that turquesa motor . won't like like much from the exterior . but it will power down the road . this is my 64 d100 transplanted a heated up 383 n typewriter auto .

DSC07848.JPG

DSC06665.JPG

DSC07548.JPG

73 American degrees and 100% humidity, at 7:41in the morning. Awesome! Getting a Polara parts car delivered to me in a few hours, parts, parts and more parts! New Stub Frame for my beat up front end, fenders hood grille bumper splash pan doors front bench window regulators window channels and guides and fuzzies! Window trim and glass and dash door panels emblems letters side trim! Ahhhh, so much to be had! It was supposed to show up tomorrow on my birthday, but it's coming a day early, oh well! It will look like a chop shop outside over the weekend with me tearing the car down so I can put as little of it into my storage place. All while getting the Medalist back on the road, just a few more parts needed/checked before refire. And it's been HOT since the weekend before last. I'm conditioned to the heat but it still sucks. Gotta keep on keepin' on!

Beer quickly in the am after work. I drink a ton of water. I lose about 7-8 pounds when I have a few days off and don't go outside to the sauna. I stay hydrated, I know the signs of heat stress all too well. I'll document the whole thing as best I can. Talked Laura out of killing me when I said it would be here while her Dad's car is still unfinished, hers is priority number 1,2 & 3! I think I have 6 days off, with 2 being short days for getting things done. Get 'er done!

19961487_1715542268473851_83199345576608934_n.jpg
Last night was a big event in Vancouver Wa. called cruise the gut, but Bob and I decided to just stay home and drink in the shop and relax and look at our own junk!
20046590_1715039761857435_408697005923800429_n.jpg
20106621_1715039758524102_1129546410418531332_n.jpg

Last edited:
Somehow I survived 4 days at Carlisle! Made out well selling all the big crap I have been walking around in the shop and also sold a ton of rebuilt distributors. Rained like hell Thursday and Friday but the rest of the weather was perfect.

It been hot as Hades here! I've lost a ton of weight while driving a bunch of water offset with beer. I've totally gotten used to it, but it still sucks. Oh well!

Somehow I survived 4 days at Carlisle! Made out well selling all the big crap I have been walking around in the shop and also sold a ton of rebuilt distributors. Rained like hell Thursday and Friday but the rest of the weather was perfect.
Nice to hear sales went well.

Rain rain go away, bring me back my humid day! Looking at the piddles where there shouldn't be any. And at the water leaking into my garage from the roof. Another great Minnesota summer day, resin should be over after lunch, go for a casual drive wherever the road takes us later. Nice easy relaxing day.

DF3I9w7UAAAcrLJ.jpg
We need rain, we are on our 42nd dry day in a row and fires are all around us, and we are going to have our first heat wave of the year this coming week!

Back