• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

I have two art deco 1940's coming in next week, like a addiction, figure make them all good and sell them at Carlisle next year. Definitely a addiction, but hell they are cheap right now around here.
00H0H_jnvxgV6tkpW_600x450.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Kind of surprised Bob is not into these, they are cheap right now all the grandfathers are passing and the kids are getting rid of them on craigslist.

man o man , well since more cars today are dizzy less , service and tune ups are just about gone for basic transportation . i would think these are a great addition to a collectors show place or a guy like us . thats got to have everything , lol . at least the tires still have air in them , no thats right its nitrogen now isn't it . lol . nothing stays the same does it .

I might as well become a dealer!
I've found as many parts car Polaras in the last year as I have for the whole time I've owned my Polara, and this time around in buying them! Price is Right and I can sell some stuff to recoup a little money. But I'm getting my parts I need/want.

Around me the Sun machines are holding their value, I'll use my old roommates machine to tweak my dizzy when the need arises. I'd be looking for these machines if you were closer!

If the price is right shipping through Fastenal is usually around 150 for a tester and cabinet. Just got this one yesterday! The top got ripped off though, it was there when shipped some one grabbed it, doing a claim on it.
last pic is what it got shipped as.

DSC01749.JPG

DSC01750.JPG

DSC01751.JPG

MMT.jpg

im did that with american racing equipment alloy alum rims from the 60's til 70's for years , i was known as '' mr . american '' at the swap meets . got me in a few places . got an invite to american's 50th birthday party . five of us vintage rim guys put up some rims for display in wallet parks race museum , i even bought one of the rares rims with me . it was just that i want the magnesium versions of them , so i had to buy them all for those . alloys i would just stack . i had @ 450 alloys stacked , a friend of mine saw them there . said you must start going to swap meets with them . took at load to a few meets , and the rest is history . met some cool people along the way . from portland oregon to pomona calif and all them in between . i've had around two thousand rims though time , kept around two hundred i guess mostly magnesium versions . i used a pick up with a car trailer , then just the pick up . could get over a hundred rims on my 69 d100 short style side pick up . even bought a old airforce bus and used it too transport them , and give me sleeping quarters . but now i'm happy with what i've collected . some real rare ones . i have four from tommy groves melrose one car that he ran at bonny saltflats . there four of twelve known in the world . only one other guy has a set of them . he wants mine of course , lol . but they are history on a mopar . so no their not for sale . have a project in mind for them , staying on a mopar with a mopar drive train . and thats just a plus , for the tires is what i wanted . four mounted 1962 firestone sport speed specials 6.50x18's in mint condish , four with a pass on them and one in the firestone factory wrap or bandage some would say . those tires were stored in a pich black storage room from 62 til i bought them . just some of the stuff thats out there at swap meets . to cool .

I had a good time at Carlisle in July, over three days met a bunch of good people for sure, next year I am bringing a tent three nights in the front of the truck was not so much fun.......

Back