• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello

I prefure far and fast. But if not real careful it can cause big problems. An American Autobon would be ideal. With the 3.23's installed my RT like to cruze at 95 the 4.10's keep me in a much more realistic 65.

LocuMob are those all RB intakes?
Yes they are RB intakes.

Been looking for a steal on a BB tunnel ram. Would like to try it just for the heck of it and can not see spending the small fortune everyone thinks they are worth. Especially when they need repairs to the tunnel and runners.
Been real tempted to just stsrt stacking spacers on the torquer to see what happens.

I bet if I still had the B block tunnel ram, I wouldn't have a these other intakes.

I have a friend with a casting business that has told me he will cast me anything i can make a plug for. It has been real tempting.

Been looking for a steal on a BB tunnel ram. Would like to try it just for the heck of it and can not see spending the small fortune everyone thinks they are worth. Especially when they need repairs to the tunnel and runners.
Been real tempted to just stsrt stacking spacers on the torquer to see what happens.
I forget , Are you running an automatic or a stick in your car ?

Hey Mob , I don't remember if I mentioned it . But even though I'm still looking for another big block . I "did" find one for the Coronet . I scored a low miles "running" RB engine for it .

Hey Mob , I don't remember if I mentioned it . But even though I'm still looking for another big block . I "did" find one for the Coronet . I scored a low miles "running" RB engine for it .
Thanks for rubbing it in! Hope you got a reasonable deal on it. I've already prepped my brain for loading up my bare blocks to bring them to the machinist and get them checked out. Hopefully they'll cut me a deal and I can check them all out cheaply, yeah right. I might just look for a motor home and let my buddy get the scrap money and I'll take the engine.

This one runs a beefed 727 with manual valve body with an appointment 3000 stall converter.
I know you got the cool factor with the tunnel ram but honestly between the stall speed and your 323's it would be faster with the single four . Just my two cents .

Thanks for rubbing it in! Hope you got a reasonable deal on it. I've already prepped my brain for loading up my bare blocks to bring them to the machinist and get them checked out. Hopefully they'll cut me a deal and I can check them all out cheaply, yeah right. I might just look for a motor home and let my buddy get the scrap money and I'll take the engine.
Yeah , I got a pretty good deal . I haven't seen an iron cross on one of these motors in years . Working on this has brought back a few good memories . :D I hate to tell yah , but your buddy might not want to take the motorhome . Other then the motor and tranny . There aint much scrap value , or value at all in those .

I know you got the cool factor with the tunnel ram but honestly between the stall speed and your 323's it would be faster with the single four . Just my two cents .
Sorry this has got 4.10 in now I also have 3.23 for it also for long range use only. It doesn't like to run under 85 with the 3.23 gears so engine rpms are at 3200 or above on the road regardless.

Oh I thought you said earlier that you where running 323's in it . Your lucky , I can't run 323's or 355's in mine . About the closest I can run is the 391's I have in it now. I've also got a 411 set up just in case I blow these up lol . But I'll be looking for a good 430 set up for when I have to go against anything serious or get a better time .

Yeah , I got a pretty good deal . I haven't seen an iron cross on one of these motors in years . Working on this has brought back a few good memories . :D I hate to tell yah , but your buddy might not want to take the motorhome . Other then the motor and tranny . There aint much scrap value , or value at all in those .
They got a couple hundred for a shorty full size camper a while back. He will take it if he gets money out of it, and clean up all the other crap so I don't have to.

They got a couple hundred for a shorty full size camper a while back. He will take it if he gets money out of it, and clean up all the other crap so I don't have to.
Well that's good . The only issue I have with using a RV motor is I'd have to do a whole bottom end to get rid of the cast crank and low compression pistons . Or if you didn't mind the cast crank , then at least a set of pistons to get the compression up . That's why I stayed away from those when I was looking for a motor for the Coronet . This one is a factory forged crank with decent compression and it's going to be an ole school build and should be a sneaky lil sleeper .

Remember, high 500 hp with the smog bottom end and some simple bolt ons, I'll take an RV 440 any day.

But good for you for finding a forged crank block, good deal? I couldn't pry the last RV engine away for less than 7-800 when I tried. Sad he had a buyer at that number, I told him to have at it.

Oh I thought you said earlier that you where running 323's in it . Your lucky , I can't run 323's or 355's in mine . About the closest I can run is the 391's I have in it now. I've also got a 411 set up just in case I blow these up lol . But I'll be looking for a good 430 set up for when I have to go against anything serious or get a better time .
You have got to running something deeper than a four quart pan.
The 360 in the truck runs out of oil at 75 mph but it has the four quart pan and 4.56 gears. Can not get the oil of the top fast enough to keep up. When the fuel injection goes back on I have got to clean the valley up some and see if it helps.

You have got to running something deeper than a four quart pan.
The 360 in the truck runs out of oil at 75 mph but it has the four quart pan and 4.56 gears. Can not get the oil of the top fast enough to keep up. When the fuel injection goes back on I have got to clean the valley up some and see if it helps.
I'm running 8 quarts right now and I have a 10 quart pan already for when I build the motor even more then it is right now . So I think I got that covered . ;)

Back