• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Getn er back on the road.

From what I can tell , There must have been a rusted area in the valley pan and they ate there way thru that under the intake and made them selves a nice lil home . They got everywhere in there . Never seen anything like this "in" a motor before . :wideyed:
A buddy and I got an intake from a friend and that is exactly what we saw under the intake. Valley pan was intact and no holes so I don't know how they got in there, but they did.

A buddy and I got an intake from a friend and that is exactly what we saw under the intake. Valley pan was intact and no holes so I don't know how they got in there, but they did.
That's how me and a buddy felt with the truck we pulled outta the woods. 383/727 with the inspection cover completely bolted on and they had a condo around the the torque converter!

Yeah they can get everywhere . Back when I had to park the 4x4 Warlock I had in a car tent out back because the Charger I had was in the garage . The chipmunks would store there nut's in the hood frame rails of the truck . Just when I thought I got them all out there'd be at least one or two rolling around in there . Every time I opened the hood you'd here them rolling from one end to the other . I think there was at least one left the day I sold it . lol

Yeah they can get everywhere . Back when I had to park the 4x4 Warlock I had in a car tent out back because the Charger I had was in the garage . The chipmunks would store there nut's in the hood frame rails of the truck . Just when I thought I got them all out there'd be at least one or two rolling around in there . Every time I opened the hood you'd here them rolling from one end to the other . I think there was at least one left the day I sold it . lol
That's funny! Ive got the same thing going on with my uncles truck. A lot more than one rolling around tho.

That's funny! Ive got the same thing going on with my uncles truck. A lot more than one rolling around tho.
No matter how many times I took that hood off and blew out the frame rails , there always seemed to be one dam nut that I missed . lol

No matter how many times I took that hood off and blew out the frame rails , there always seemed to be one dam nut that I missed . lol
I rapidly opened and closed and got quite a few out but there's still more there!

I pulled a 57 F$%D truck out of the woods at my in-laws place, been sitting for years. I opened the hood and I mean it, you couldn't see the engine. Packrats had STUFFED the engine bay with cactus patties, clear over the air cleaner. I'll dig the picture up. We were forever getting old needles in our skin working on that thing for years. Bastards.

Back