• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Getn er back on the road.

I have always seen double on brake lines, I think a single flare could split on the seam. The only time I have seen single is on hydraulic lines with 37 degree flare, like a-n fittings.
I coulda swore I've seen them on early post war cars. I'm no expert so I could totally be off with that.

Been using a little rubbing compound.
Before
IMG_0886.JPG
and after ...
IMG_0887.JPG

Cleaned up pretty good and hopefully not missing much paint. It seems to be a problem for trucks of that time frame. Paint falling off.

Cleaned up pretty good and hopefully not missing much paint. It seems to be a problem for trucks of that time frame. Paint falling off.
There is a bit of rust on cab corners and rear wheel wells. Most of the paint is actually worn off as opposed to falling off. It's almost a beautiful match to my fury. Hopefully I can buy it from my Incle one day lol.

Last edited:
I'm in he process of figuring out the vacuum lines and I've been stumped.(easy to do) Can anybody tell me what this part is. I can't find it in the vacuum diagram. It's got 2 ports in the front and one in there rear. Thanks!
IMG_0891.JPG

Where do they go to on the carb? Check and see when it gets vacuum from the egr and if it closes or opens the vacuum ports to the carb. Quite possible its vacuum source is the carb and opens or closes the egr and what ever the other hose goes to on the carb.
Some times you just have to play with things to see how they function.

Stuff an intertube behind that dent and inflate the most of it should come out. Just don't go overboard with the air pressure.
That's a damn good idea!! Can't believe I didn't think of that years ago lol. Much appreciated!!

Where do they go to on the carb? Check and see when it gets vacuum from the egr and if it closes or opens the vacuum ports to the carb. Quite possible its vacuum source is the carb and opens or closes the egr and what ever the other hose goes to on the carb.
Some times you just have to play with things to see how they function.
That's on the list for tomorrow. I found the correct vacuum diagram for it . I'm gonna rip em all off and start over. Honestly I don't even know if the egr is working. It's been sitn for 7+yrs...

Had a thought guys(uh-O) These interceptor wheels have got some finish issues.
IMG_0905.JPG
Me being me Id love sand blast them and have them powder coated . But it's not in my uncles budget. Sooo I was thinking about blasting the rust,scuffing the remaining paint and using (white) stove paint. Supposed to be durable and handle heat well. I think they'll look pretty good white! What do you think about the stove paint for covering?

Get a color chart and pick a contrasting color, maybe a high impact color from 70-71. Paint them pink for breast cancer awareness, sublime or a baby blue, and set it off!

Just kidding about the pink. Maybe a little color would be too much for your uncle, too bad the whitewalls were shot, red rims would have given a nice hot rod vibe.

Just kidding about the pink. Maybe a little color would be too much for your uncle, too bad the whitewalls were shot, red rims would have given a nice hot rod vibe.
He'd love that!! Panther pink or plumb crazy lol!!.....plumb crazy....do they make plumb crazy in an appliance pant??o_O

Back