• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Getn er back on the road.

Some ORileys are capable of it and can put it in aerosol can if you want it that way. They will mix about any quantity wanted.

Some ORileys are capable of it and can put it in aerosol can if you want it that way. They will mix about any quantity wanted.
I didn't know that!! Thanks for the heads up. I can see that being useful.

More fun!! After realizing I HAVE to get rid of the mouse excrament odor (its worse when you use the heat) and try to get more volume outta the blower......I tore the dash apart
IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
the heater box had some nasty mess in it! I loaded it with "awesome" , watched it turn brown (yuck) and let it soak before I rinsed.
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG

Last edited:
Amazing how those little critters get in everything isn't it.
It is!! Luckily they didn't get into he wiring or anything else. Lil bassterds!;/ Once o get some new carpet in there it shouldn't smell like a mouses portajohn.

Well lesson learned. The truck spent 2 days outside with the windows up. I opened the door and the smell about put me on my a**. It's definitely in the carpet......hope the lmc catalog gets here soon!!

I saw a tip on a show once about power washing your truck carpet, I took the carpet out of my 91 Chevy and washed it down with laundry soap and then used the hot water pressure washer at work on it. It really turned out pretty good. I did the seat also and that was the biggest improvement. It has a light gray interior so it shows everything.

Back in my Chrysler dealer ship days of preping used cars the whole interior came out, drain plugs pulled all was steam cleaned dryed and put back together. A little new car smell added and you could not tell it had even been smoked in. Would think it would take that unwanted guest smell out also.

It is!! Luckily they didn't get into he wiring or anything else. Lil bassterds!;/ Once o get some new carpet in there it shouldn't smell like a mouses portajohn.
Hate to say it , but been there done that . Toooo many times ! lol

I saw a tip on a show once about power washing your truck carpet, I took the carpet out of my 91 Chevy and washed it down with laundry soap and then used the hot water pressure washer at work on it. It really turned out pretty good. I did the seat also and that was the biggest improvement. It has a light gray interior so it shows everything.
I've taken them to the car wash before it usually works good but this carpet isn't worth saving imho. Fairly grease stained and worn.

Back in my Chrysler dealer ship days of preping used cars the whole interior came out, drain plugs pulled all was steam cleaned dryed and put back together. A little new car smell added and you could not tell it had even been smoked in. Would think it would take that unwanted guest smell out also.
I'll be scrubbing it out when I
pull the carpet . I wiped what I could under the dash when I had the heater box out. My wife is a professional cleaner so I've got access to some pretty good products.

It's not any fun is it bear? I've done it a few times ! Never gets any easier!!
No and it "stink's" like hell ! I just had a 383 dropped off to me not to long ago . It was "supposed to" have been indoors since it had been pulled . I pulled the intake and valve covers off and all the lil critters had made a home inside the motor and BOY did it smell . They had been living in there for a "while" and found every nook and cranny to build there nest's in .

No and it "stink's" like hell ! I just had a 383 dropped off to me not to long ago . It was "supposed to" have been indoors since it had been pulled . I pulled the intake and valve covers off and all the lil critters had made a home inside the motor and BOY did it smell . They had been living in there for a "while" and found every nook and cranny to build there nest's in .
Gotta love it! Me and a buddy pulled a 67 sweptie from the woods a couple years ago, some how the critters made a home in the bottom of the bellhousing of the tf with the inspection cover still on! Still trying to figure that one out.

Gotta love it! Me and a buddy pulled a 67 sweptie from the woods a couple years ago, some how the critters made a home in the bottom of the bellhousing of the tf with the inspection cover still on! Still trying to figure that one out.
This is what I found when I pulled the intake and valve covers .
20161020_203347.jpg

WOW!!! They really made a mess of that. How long was it sitting?
Quite a few years ago . The guy told the kid that it was always indoors and that he used to put oil in it and turn it over regularly up until the last time when it started to get a little tight . I say "bull crap" ! "That" motor hasn't been turned over in a loooooong time . :mad:

How in the hell do they make it that far inside? Lol..... resilient lil critters!!
From what I can tell , There must have been a rusted area in the valley pan and they ate there way thru that under the intake and made them selves a nice lil home . They got everywhere in there . Never seen anything like this "in" a motor before . :wideyed:

Back