• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dads ol dodge

My Warlock . I think it's a little easier to see .
IMG_4458.JPG

Thanks, mine is a little different and doesn't have the arm but I believe you've showed me what I'm missing and I know I saw it somewhere. Time to start searching!

Thanks, mine is a little different and doesn't have the arm but I believe you've showed me what I'm missing and I know I saw it somewhere. Time to start searching!
I hate that feeling, " I just saw it, but where did I see it?" I usually find it a foot from where I started looking, after I've looked everywhere else!

Good day to all my Bretherens!
It's weird for me to read ya'll talking about SNOW and Sleet, wait, also salt on the road. Today being Wednesday the 22nd. of October, our temperature will be between 80's and 90's depending which part of the County you live in.
Btw, 747. I've been saying all along 'Fuck' those Chinese parts! Ha!!

What's the arm for? Mine looks just like your first pics minus the arm.
I hate that feeling, " I just saw it, but where did I see it?" I usually find it a foot from where I started looking, after I've looked everywhere else!
My problem is that I don't find it until I replace it!

Good day to all my Bretherens!
It's weird for me to read ya'll talking about SNOW and Sleet, wait, also salt on the road. Today being Wednesday the 22nd. of October, our temperature will be between 80's and 90's depending which part of the County you live in.
Btw, 747. I've been saying all along 'Fuck' those Chinese parts! Ha!!
I don't wanna hear it! It's actually really nice this week, typical Ohio weather.. snow Sunday and beautiful the next few days.

It's sickening the quality of this crap. I asked the mechanic who was turning the rotor how much they have to be off to feel it, he said he can feel .004" and mine was .015". I even took the one that hadn't even been mounted and it had a low spot in it! Piss on that Chinese crap but sadly there aren't many choices now.

I don't wanna hear it! It's actually really nice this week, typical Ohio weather.. snow Sunday and beautiful the next few days.

It's sickening the quality of this crap. I asked the mechanic who was turning the rotor how much they have to be off to feel it, he said he can feel .004" and mine was .015". I even took the one that hadn't even been mounted and it had a low spot in it! Piss on that Chinese crap but sadly there aren't many choices now.
I forgot to mention . When did the swap on my rear brakes ,drums being of round , the wheel cylinder's being defective , and the adjuster cable being the wrong length , The pads on the shoes where also made out of two different material's "and" they where two different thickness's . Got to love it !

Hope it helped , There all pretty much the same design . Just little deference's from gen . Your's doesn't have an arm ? Hmmm ?

Nope.. no arm. Well the last 2 pieces needed to sit it on it's wheels will be in today so I can finally put a fork in the chassis. This weekend I'll start on the cab and rounding up more parts for blasting. Joy, joy, this is going to be fun removing all the surface rust!!

Finally it's a roller again!!! Brakes (exept master cylinder) suspension are done. Here's a couple pics of the needed rust repairs on the cab, quite a bit of rot underneath but shouldn't take much to fix.

20151023_223804.jpg
20151023_223823.jpg
20151024_200553.jpg
20151024_200607.jpg
20151024_200617.jpg
20151024_200628.jpg
20151023_223818.jpg

20151023_223823.jpg

Got most of the motor torn apart today, I'm liking the looks of things. From the looks it looks like it already has flat top pistons and no ridge on the cylinders so I may be able to squeak by with a hone job and new rings? I'll check to see how far in the holes the pistons are and the head cc's to figure up where the compression is before going any further in case I want to bump it up. Heads also look really clean inside so I'm crossing my fingers that this will be a cheap rebuild. I've got the equipment to grind the valves and seats plus the hones so I should be good.
20151025_192957.jpg

Once this is all the way apart it will go to the machine shop for a full bath and magnaflux.

Finally it's a roller again!!! Brakes (exept master cylinder) suspension are done. Here's a couple pics of the needed rust repairs on the cab, quite a bit of rot underneath but shouldn't take much to fix.

View attachment 5872 View attachment 5873 View attachment 5874 View attachment 5875 View attachment 5876 View attachment 5877 View attachment 5878
Man ! This build is coming along quick ! You must be spending every spare minute working this truck . I wouldn't worry to much about the few rust and rot issues . Judging from what I've seen so far of your welding skill's , they won't be that difficult for you to fix .

Man ! This build is coming along quick ! You must be spending every spare minute working this truck . I wouldn't worry to much about the few rust and rot issues . Judging from what I've seen so far of your welding skill's , they won't be that difficult for you to fix .

Haha, every spare minute????? Having 2 little ones I definitely don't spend much time on it, I head to the garage every Friday and Saturday night and work until midnight so maybe 8 hrs a week or so. Trust me things will really slow down now that the bodywork will be starting and the money is tight, I may not get the rest of the parts blasted leaving it all up to me to do it manually................. here comes the brown boogers! I'll focus on the FREE stuff for now like the patching and rust removal until funds are available..... gotta keep it moving!

Haha, every spare minute????? Having 2 little ones I definitely don't spend much time on it, I head to the garage every Friday and Saturday night and work until midnight so maybe 8 hrs a week or so. Trust me things will really slow down now that the bodywork will be starting and the money is tight, I may not get the rest of the parts blasted leaving it all up to me to do it manually................. here comes the brown boogers! I'll focus on the FREE stuff for now like the patching and rust removal until funds are available..... gotta keep it moving!
Wow , you seem to get a lot done in those 8 hours ! I can totally relate to what your saying about a tight budget . Seems like there's never enough money to do what you want . I do all my own work as well and I try and think of how much this would cost if I was paying someone else to do it . That is "if" you could find someone else to do it the way you want it ? Your doing great so far and I don't think you'll have any trouble fabbing up those patch panels . I know it would be easier if you had it blasted first , but personally I think you'll get thru it just fine . :D

Pretty sure you get done in 8 hours what I get done in 80! I tend to get sidetracked easily. Squirrel!
lol ! Something tells me we would work well together . We probably wouldn't get anything done , but we'd probably have a good time doing it . Or not doing it ? o_O

Back