• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dads ol dodge

Gosh, I'm so stuck on lowering my truck, I'ma thinking of lowering CA's... Stuck in my own head.
Cheers.
Don't feel to bad . We all know what it's like when you get something stuck in your head and that's all you can think about . I do it all the time . I drive my wife nuts when I have multiple things going on and it seems like that's all I think about . lol

And thanks "747mopar" , I'm sure that will help a lot of us .

Don't feel to bad . We all know what it's like when you get something stuck in your head and that's all you can think about . I do it all the time . I drive my wife nuts when I have multiple things going on and it seems like that's all I think about . lol
Good Sunday to you Bear and all the folks @ FTO. Was laughing out loud reading the comment. True that! I tried to post some pics on my garage but wasn't able to I'll try again later, in the mean time, this is what I'm doing.
14446073686412106112531.jpg
14446073686412106112531.jpg
20151011_140456.jpg
20151011_140508.jpg

Gosh, I'm so stuck on lowering my truck, I'ma thinking of lowering CA's... Stuck in my own head. However thank's for sharing WSD with us, they have it all, as far as Uppers and lower CA's.
Cheers.
No problem, as far as lowering yours goes I haven't looked into options but my first choice would be drop spindles if available. I've been running my Charger for 2 years with the torsion bars cranked down to lower it 2"with no issues which would be much like shortening your springs which would be the next option.

Wow, that grill looks nice! I really like the older one piece aluminum grills.

Thank's 747. I was told today by RustyRatRod that my grill is not a '72, I'm assuming that is a post '72 model year... Honestly, all I know it's a early '72 built in late '71. I'm also finding out that I have bits and pieces from different model years. I love it!

Last edited:
No problem, as far as lowering yours goes I haven't looked into options but my first choice would be drop spindles if available. I've been running my Charger for 2 years with the torsion bars cranked down to lower it 2"with no issues which would be much like shortening your springs which would be the next option.
The only form of dropped spindles for these trucks would spindles from a van or a Dakota . They don't make them in the aftermarket for these Dodges . I definitely wouldn't recommend cutting the springs .

The only form of dropped spindles for these trucks would spindles from a van or a Dakota . They don't make them in the aftermarket for these Dodges . I definitely wouldn't recommend cutting the springs .
I agree Bear, and yes 747. I have read in many different Dodge forums about my truck year through '74,That either use same year or later 'Van' CA's or early to mid Dakota spindles, I believe, and that's besides BPE's set up (Which looks great) however,I have read many different reviews about them and most are negative comments, especially how business is conducted overthere, it is a shame, when folks like us keep their business open for all these years. Heck, I think he's been dealing w/SoCal boy's and learned how to be a 'Prick!'. Ha!

Thank you 747. to be honest, was checking out images of period correct grills and I like what I have better; All I did today i
was sanding it down, getting rid of as much crap as possible before I paint it. I know, I know... Envision this; in the photos posted you'll see faded black paint set in between light bezel and in between the flat part of the gaps. So here's my thought, where it use to be black, it will be white including the headlight bezels, and the rest Ima gonna polish out the aluminium. We'll see how it turns out and I expect for all of yoos to give me an honest critique. BTW. No critiques until you see it.

The grille you have is 74-75? Maybe 76. I got 3 of those before I found out I needed the 72-73 style. I'm going with the older one, I prefer that style, I guess it's grown on me. Curious How your paint job on the grille turns out. I like your outside the box thinking.

I'm kind of curious too . Sounds interesting , definitely post some pictures when it's done .

The grille you have is 74-75? Maybe 76. I got 3 of those before I found out I needed the 72-73 style. I'm going with the older one, I prefer that style, I guess it's grown on me. Curious How your paint job on the grille turns out. I like your outside the box thinking.
Okay, lemme get it straight, so the grills I have is a 74-76? I thought so, and you like the early or later? I like what ever the heck I have, seen the 70toos and it looks like the Dodge van pick-up's which I like on the A models? but not on me truck.
My truck Is like a "Sh@t mix" come to find out, however I'm proudly representing all the model years post '71... Ha!

I'm kind of curious too . Sounds interesting , definitely post some pictures when it's done .
Yes sir brother bear, I'm not very good at taping but definately (No spell check!) will post this weekend. i've been taking the busbto worknand back, so Ima bit exhausted.

Whats the car just out of the pic?
The grill looks great.
Good morning Mr Halifax: It is a 59 Nash Cosmopolitan convertable, three on the tree and slow like a opposum! Will be moding it next year, I know, I know... Don't waist the money, it's not my money, it's the wifey's. Right now I'm trippin out on my truck repair cost, have to make decision today. Tell ya'll later.

Okay, lemme get it straight, so the grills I have is a 74-76? I thought so, and you like the early or later? I like what ever the heck I have, seen the 70toos and it looks like the Dodge van pick-up's which I like on the A models? but not on me truck.
My truck Is like a "Sh@t mix" come to find out, however I'm proudly representing all the model years post '71... Ha!

I like the 72-73 for my 72. It came with a 74+ grille. Ex Air Force truck, then small Fire Dept truck with a tank in the box in North Dakota. Sure the original got destroyed as a fire truck. Painted over front bumper with a crude brush guard bolted on.

Not quite as much done as I had hoped, the parts store gave me the wrong bearings and seals for the rotors and didn't have the right U bolts for the rear axle. I've got to find a photo of the parking break setup to see what this truck is missing, I need the bracket that connects both cables from the actual brakes to the intermediate cable? Other than the few missing parts the suspension is done, I'll finish up those few loose ends, bend all the brake lines and put the wheels back on. Sounds like my dad might want to build the motor himself so I may not get to enjoy my favorite part............. Oh well, he's rebuilt his share of motors and knows what he's doing so I guess I'll just get to work on the Cab that much sooner.

20151016_215333.jpg

20151016_215343.jpg

20151017_203524.jpg

20151017_203532.jpg

20151017_203541.jpg

Not quite as much done as I had hoped, the parts store gave me the wrong bearings and seals for the rotors and didn't have the right U bolts for the rear axle. I've got to find a photo of the parking break setup to see what this truck is missing, I need the bracket that connects both cables from the actual brakes to the intermediate cable? Other than the few missing parts the suspension is done, I'll finish up those few loose ends, bend all the brake lines and put the wheels back on. Sounds like my dad might want to build the motor himself so I may not get to enjoy my favorite part............. Oh well, he's rebuilt his share of motors and knows what he's doing so I guess I'll just get to work on the Cab that much sooner.

View attachment 5806

View attachment 5807

View attachment 5808

View attachment 5809

View attachment 5810
That looks nice, all clean and painted.

View attachment 5806

View attachment 5807

View attachment 5808

View attachment 5809

View attachment 5810
Good job so far ! If I get a chance this week , I'll slide under one of my trucks and get a picture of the E brake set up for you . If you think that will help ?

Back