• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cummins Crew Cab Build

From what I've read, the chevy springs being longer have a much better ride. They're about 11" longer than the dodge spring. The tell tale will be when I actually finish the truck and get to drive it. lol

From what I've read, the chevy springs being longer have a much better ride. They're about 11" longer than the dodge spring. The tell tale will be when I actually finish the truck and get to drive it. lol
Yeah , That's what I understand too . I was considering going the route with my Ramcharger as well before I decided to retire it . I guess it'll have to wait for my next four by four build now . :(

Sorry been kinda awal lately. Like to say I got some more done but nope. Never knocked off much of the " to do's ". Was just one of those years. Just a bunch of combined factors. I'm hoping I can get the frame finished up n painted before the end of the year.

your truck will look really good. like the mod with the 63" chevy springs. wish i can do the same on mine which is 4" lifted and get rid of the blocks. could you tell more about the ride?

crewcab 005.JPG

Sorry been kinda awal lately. Like to say I got some more done but nope. Never knocked off much of the " to do's ". Was just one of those years. Just a bunch of combined factors. I'm hoping I can get the frame finished up n painted before the end of the year.
I totally understand Indy . Life , crap , to-do list , ect . ect . always seems to get in the way . Don't feel to bad , I didn't even get half of what I wanted to do with my Warlock this season like I had planned . About the only thing I did was a larger cooling system , bigger rear tires , new rug , played with the braking system and I also played with my fuel mixture some and now winter's coming and I'm trying to get everything else set for the season . I didn't even get a chance to bring it to the track this year like I had planned . Oh well , there's always next year .

I totally understand Indy . Life , crap , to-do list , ect . ect . always seems to get in the way . Don't feel to bad , I didn't even get half of what I wanted to do with my Warlock this season like I had planned . About the only thing I did was a larger cooling system , bigger rear tires , new rug , played with the braking system and I also played with my fuel mixture some and now winter's coming and I'm trying to get everything else set for the season . I didn't even get a chance to bring it to the track this year like I had planned . Oh well , there's always next year .
At least you got some things done. My poor 80 cc never even got insured. It's spending 99% of it's time in the quonset. But like you say, Sometimes that's just life.

Yeah that's true . What I did was , I gave up going out there with a bunch of stuff planned to get done that day and said to myself , If I can get "one" thing on my list done , I'm doing good and anything else I happen to get done is gravy . It's been working so far , but it's just that my list is soooo dam long ! lol

Well, it's not much but I did manage to get a little bit accomplished lately. Got my crossover steering installed and frame stiffener plates welded in.

IMG_4715.JPG
IMG_4716.JPG

Hey , Any progress is good progress . Obviously you know that's a week link where the box bolts to on the frame of these trucks . I've had to weld up that area where the box bolts to the frame on a couple of trucks in the past . Keep up the good work Indy and I'm glad to see you getting something done on it .

Was there any glaring issues with your frame? I'm hoping mine is good enough to build off of and not have to take the body off.

No, the frame was pretty good over all. Surface rust was a little heavy in a couple spots but cleaned up good with a blasting. I would just check around the steering box for cracks and also make sure there isn't a bunch of crud built up behind the fuel tank. That'll make the frame thin out if not cleaned up. The frame on the parts truck I took apart was rotted right through there. Completely full when I pulled the fuel tank out of it.

No, the frame was pretty good over all. Surface rust was a little heavy in a couple spots but cleaned up good with a blasting. I would just check around the steering box for cracks and also make sure there isn't a bunch of crud built up behind the fuel tank. That'll make the frame thin out if not cleaned up. The frame on the parts truck I took apart was rotted right through there. Completely full when I pulled the fuel tank out of it.
Luckily for me the tank is in cab. Glad I have 2 tanks in case the original is bad.

Luckily for me the tank is in cab. Glad I have 2 tanks in case the original is bad.
Hey Mob , You ever think about getting rid of the tank in the cab and mounting one under it ? Maybe even use a Ramcharger tank all the way back between the frame rails ? That would be 30 plus gallons of fuel and the added weight in the back would only help . It would be a win , win . Just a thought .

Back