• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cummins Crew Cab Build

Nothing lately. Still recovering from shoulder surgery. Hoping to be able to start getting back to it around April/May range.

Hey Indy , How are you feeling ? Getting itchy to go back to work on the BEAST yet ? :cool:

Hey Bear, gettin back into shape slowly. Got a little range of motion to work on yet and some strengthening but overall pretty good shape. I went back to work in Feb. Couldn't stay home any longer, driving me nuts.
Yeh definitely itchen to jump back on the truck but we'll see how much time I have. The wife has other plans for me this summer. She wants new windows and the house resided. Also my boss volunteered me to do a whole wack of metal work on his neighbors 59 Jag.
Going to have to figure out how to portion up my time so some of it's my own.
The truck may also get a change in plans so I'm not rushing right back into it. I'm mulling over making the crew an extended crewcab. It's not set in stone yet but a pretty good chance I will be going that route. Just need to find a good donor cab.
How's your truck doing? all ready to roll for the summer?

Good to hear your doing better ! lol Sounds like everybody else's has plans for you as soon as your a 100 % ! lol A 59 Jag ? Wow , I haven't worked on any of those in "years" . Waaaaay back when , when I first started out ( autobody ) , we worked on a lot of vintage jag's and Mercedes . That's also when I was taught how to do lead work . You weren't allowed to use any type of normal poly filler on the Mercedes . Only lead , if anything .

The truck may also get a change in plans so I'm not rushing right back into it. I'm mulling over making the crew an extended crewcab. It's not set in stone yet but a pretty good chance I will be going that route. Just need to find a good donor cab.
Your crew cab and extended crew cab ? What are you thinking ? A six door or a four door with a club cab rear section ?

For door with a club cab rear section. Seen some pics of it done and like it. 6 door would be cool too though.

268c56044b0eb6bc979be85b60905e1a.jpg

Just like this.

Hey Bear,
How's your truck doing? all ready to roll for the summer?
Luci's ready anytime the weather decide's to cooperate . We just got hit with about 6" of snow yesterday . Can't wait for spring ! I wasn't able to do what I had planned this winter on it because I lost my winter job . So I've been pecking away at some of the smaller stuff . Within the next couple of weeks though , I do plan on a few other things like re-jetting the carb ( needs more fuel ) , I'll be tearing into the interior a little as well , to make it a little more comfortable ( and look better ) for us this year . And I'm on the hunt for a good deal for a pair of Sportsman's for the rear . The 50's that's on there now are getting kind of thin from my test and tunes last year :rolleyes: . As well as a few other things , that I can be doing while I drive it . I'll tell yah , It's FUN to drive ! :)

For door with a club cab rear section. Seen some pics of it done and like it. 6 door would be cool too though.
lol Let me guess , I got you think'in again . Hmmm , 6 door . lol

I do like the 6 door but hard to section up a good crew cab just for the back.
Although sacrifices sometimes do have to be made! lol

Mine won't be that tall. The wife would never be able to get in it! She's only 5'-2". lol
I will be running 37's though.

I'd still like to see the expression on some poor import drivers face , that your sitting in traffic in back of . All he'd be able to see would be your diff cover and maybe the tread on your tire's in his rear view . lol

That would be sweet. I'd follow and bug them if they pulled into a public place.

I wasn't the least bit surprised to see it's on a diesel site. They love their stuff higher than Jamaican.

Back