• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

98 Ram SS/T Redo

Ok so my replacement rim showed up. I am really pleased with this one, it is perfect on the front side. The back side is however a 8/10 but a lot better then the 3-4/10 that the others were.

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1740 cropped.jpg

Well I sent back some "Moog" ball joints and ordered new ones that are actually Moog parts. I ordered inner and outer tie rod ends and upper ball joints from Amazon and they were quite a bit cheaper then anybody else. I also order new Gorilla lugnuts and my Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt showed up last week. Will have a few more updates when the rest of my parts show up in the next few days. Still waiting on 1 tie rod since it shipped seperately but is scheduled to be delivered today.
IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg
IMG_1862.jpg
IMG_1863.jpg
IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

Well my Goodyear upper and lower radiator hoses came in yesterday, as well as my 1 tie rod end that was shipped separately. If you look really close you can see Moog on the boot, it's on the sides you can see the M and the G. Also my owners manual came in from Ebay.

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1877 paint.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

I mentioned the Moog being on the boot since I had previously ordered what was supposed to be Moog ball joints only to find out they were Carquest made by Moog. Not the same in both quality and construction. They were promptly sent back and I received a refund for them.

Your smart to just do the whole front end at once while your under there . This way you'll "know" everyhthing is done and you'll be able to injoy your truck instead of fixing it and then have to go back and then fix something else when it were's out in a couple of months . Good call ! :thumb:

I got some pics of my intake from Leanna at Phoenix Specialty Coatings today. This thing looks great, I can't wait to get back and get this on the truck. Be a real shame to get it dirty though.

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

Well the final pieces of my front suspension rebuild have arrived. They showed up yesterday along with my tach mount I bought off of Ebay. Nice to know I have all new upper and lower ball joints and inner and outer tie rod ends.

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

Well I figured I might want to update my "build" as I have recieved several new parts for it since my last post. I thought I was done with buying suspension parts but once I thought about it I decided to buy new tie rod adjusters as well. I mean why not? Everything else was new so skmping there would be just dumb really. So I found a guy that had bought out an old pars store and had a bunch of Moog parts from the 80's for sale. Just my luck 80's Broncos used the same tie rod adjuster so I snagged me a pair for about 40% cheaper then anywhere else online. You can tell by the box these are older stock.

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

To continue with my cooling system replacement I found a brand new Mopar water pump for cheaper then the parts store stuff. Couldn't pass up $58.50 shipped still in the original Mopar box.

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

After doing some thinking I realized that all new steering and suspension parts is a great idea but why leave 14 year old worn out rubber bushings in there? So I did some searching and found a great deal on all new Prothane polyurethane control arm bushings. I have also been looking for a new idler pulley as it is just cheap insurance to replace it now and not worry about it. Found a new Mopar pulley still in the box for alot cheaper then the parts store stuff and if I get another 14 years for the $25 I spent I consider it money well spent. On to my new air filter. I really wanted to get K&N filter but decided I wanted a filter to match a potential blue underhood accent color. The red just doesn't do it for me so I looked around and found the Accel Kool Blue filter for about the same price as a K&N, actually a little cheaper. This one is 1/8th larger in diameter and 1/8th taller then the closest K&N so instead of being 12.5 inches this one is 12 5/8 which is a little closer to the 12.75 that my MP air cleaner is. I now have everything that I want to buy for it ordered and I am currently waiting for 1 more thing to arrive that I bought and 1 thing that I did some trading for. Updates to come as soon as my last parts arrive.

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

Looking forward to the day you get home to your family and enjoy some time with your SS/T and all the great parts you have ready to be installed, wow your intake looks great, and I agree a front end build will keep you safe and knowing it's ready for many miles is a great move.

Here on the hill awaiting your safe return

Well my rollpan showed up a few days ago. It is a really great piece. The stamping is great, no wrinkles or waves from the pressing. Looks better then some OEM parts I have seen.

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

Ok no pictures but maybe by the weekend I will have something to post. I did some parts trading and got what was supposed to be a 52mm throttle body but when I sent it in to have it gone through turns out to be only a 50mm. No biggie I was gonna give the guy the parts I had because they were left over from my Duster I had and they were taking up space anyways. So I have it opened up to 52mm and having it polished as well. I also scored a new carpet for my truck. The Nifty Proline runs between $140 and $180 depending on where you look. Well I found a guy selling one on Ebay that was an open box item in brand new condition. Price was $124 but he had it marked down 20% for a short time with a best offer and I offered $80 and he accepted so I got a great deal on it. That is $80 shipped too. I think I did good on that. So now I will have to get the headliner redone and the driver seat repaired where all Second gens rip from sliding in and out of the seat. More to come hopefully by the weekend.

So no new pics but I got my carpet in and my throttle body is sent off to be opened up to 52mm and polished. Also ordered and received a set of March underdrive pulleyZ. Bought the black powder coated steel ones, great price under $50 brand new shipped from March. Got a discount as I know one of the guys there.

Looking forward to seeing how things are going dusted72, and Prayers sent to you and all your friends that keep us safe, so sorry to hear we/you lost a great friend and hope things are getting
easier to wake up and move forward sir.

Looking forward to seeing how things are going dusted72, and Prayers sent to you and all your friends that keep us safe, so sorry to hear we/you lost a great friend and hope things are getting
easier to wake up and move forward sir.

Like Mike I hope thing are going good for you and your friends family.

Back