• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

98 Ram SS/T Redo

My adapter showed up at Leanna's today for powder coating. She was even nice enough to send me some pics. I can't wait to see her work in person.

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

Leanna sent me some pics of my t-stat housing too. SHe has taken great care of me especially since I am half way around the world from her. This is my $11.50 shipped C.A.T. products housing, seems alot of people think C.A.T. produsts make scrappy stuff. Well this isn't one of them,it has a full 1/2 thick mounting flange.

015.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

023.jpg

Well I have a few more things bought just waiting for them to show up. I bought a set of 2 inch lowering shackles for a Chevy, I know but they were the same part number for the Dodge and I got them alot cheaper, pays to do research. Got em for less then $19 shipped. Also bought my stainless fittings for my intake and a Autometeer 5 inch tach off Ebay and it turned ut to be a FABO member that was selling it. Will post pics when everything arrives.

Maaaan your gunna be busy when you get home ! lol

Yeah and I still have a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff to buy still along with new tires. Heck I spent a little over $40 today on header gaskets.

Well my lowering shackles arrived at my house yesterday. Found them on Ebay and got them for $18.20 shipped, brand new JDM. Here is a little tip for all you Ram, Chevy, and F150 guys. I bought these for a 99-06 Chevy 1500, but all Chevy 88-10 1500 use the same lowering shackle as well as some of the F150's and 94-01 Ram's. So do your research and save yourself some cash. The cheapest shackles for a Ram were right at $40 shipped, Chevy stuff is always cheaper even if they are the same parts.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

More parts. I am trying to do this right and used quality parts the first time. I want this truck to last a long time, be dependable, and look good. So instead of going with your typical zinc coated or brass fittings I got online and found some really nice stainless steel ones. Well I was gonna buy them directly from Performance Stainless Steel since they were the cheapest online. Well once it was time to order I did one last search to see if someone had a deal going on and sure enough I found them on Ebay. Total cost for the three was just under $39, saved myself $15 on whole order. Look to be really nice quality too. Can't wait to get these in that freshly powder coated intake. Will almost be a shame to put it on the engine and get it dirty.

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Well my lowering shackles arrived at my house yesterday. Found them on Ebay and got them for $18.20 shipped, brand new JDM. Here is a little tip for all you Ram, Chevy, and F150 guys. I bought these for a 99-06 Chevy 1500, but all Chevy 88-10 1500 use the same lowering shackle as well as some of the F150's and 94-01 Ram's. So do your research and save yourself some cash. The cheapest shackles for a Ram were right at $40 shipped, Chevy stuff is always cheaper even if they are the same parts.
Maybe box them in by welding some flat plate to them. I would like to make them stronger.

Maybe box them in by welding some flat plate to them. I would like to make them stronger.

I have never even considered boxing them, I ran a set on my 87 C10 and had over 40k miles on them with no problems. Even the factory ones aren't boxed. But here is today's update, more parts as always. I bought a tach of Ebay from member of FABO, btroxler. Got a good deal it is used but I am fine with that for the money it cost me, showed up on Monday for $88 shipped. Also my Remflex header gaskets got here yesterday, total cost $42 shipped.

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

Had to tend to some cosmetic issues, can't ignore them. Needed a set of tailgate straps since one of mine is broken and the other is on it's last leg as well. Look identical to the Mopar replacement ones but half the price, cost $16.84 for the pair to my door. The ends are even black like the replacement ones instead of silver and have the R and L stamped into them.

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

Well I have been looking for a set of header bolts that were 1 inch long that weren't outrageously priced. Finally decided maybe I should contact Gibson headers and see if they sold just the bolts. Sure enough they do, got them with collector bolts for $25.95 shipped to my door. Also to continue with the cosmetic stuff that needs to be fixed I found a tilt lever on Ebay since mine was broken off. Cost me $13.95 shipped.

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

Well today 2 days ago I was doing a random search on Ebay and found someone selling refinished SS/T rims really cheap. So I was waiting on my tax return to hit my account today, as soon as it hit my account I placed my order. I bought 4 rims refinished to like new condition for $401.85 shipped. I am so flickin happy right now since mine have clear coat peeling and some salt/brake dust damage. I also ordered a set of Nitto 420S tires in 275/60/17 too. I can't wait for them to show up so they can sit in my garage till May and take up space until I get back from Iraq. Pics as soon as they arrive at my house in a week or so.

Well I got my tires yesterday. Nitto 420s in 275/60/17. Took about 30 hours for them to get to me from the time I ordered them. Came from Ohio to NC. Not too bad for $632 shipped.

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1672-1.jpg

Look'in good Corey ! How long before they go up in smoke ? lol

Well with all of my upgrades it probably won't take too long. My wheels will be here in a little while, they are on the truck for delivery. Pics to come.

Well here they are, my new rims. Found these on Ebay for $401 shipped. Gonna look great with my new tires I got. They are awesome except one of them had some prep work done to the back and it looks kinda half a$$ed but you can't see it when it is mounted on the truck so no biggie. I am pleased with them they look a million times better then the ones I have now plus now I have 2 sets. I am considering sending the best 2 of the old rims to get widened to 11 inches. I think they would look fricken sweet, may even have the other 2 narowed to 6-7 inches instead of 9. Give the truck that track look.

IMG_1685 cut.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Yeah it's only a matter of time until you can no longer find these rims aso I am gonna start "collecting" them for a rainy day. Especially if something happens to one of mine. But then again the idea of having 2 widened to 11 inches and 2 narrowed to 6-7 inches so really cool.

Well I ended up sending back the worse of the rims for a replacement. I already received the replacement and it was even worse. So it looks like I will be sending it back too. I have also ordered all of my gaskets and associated stuff to install all of the stuff I have bought. Stainless button head valve cover bolts, AN stainless washers (I wanted the small outside diameter), t-stat and gasket, throttle body and adapter gasket, intake gasket, coolant temperature sensor, injector o-rings, and vaccum tree. Gonna start buying ball joints and tie rods next month. I am considering Prothane buchings as well but we will have to see how things go.

Back