• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

98 Ram SS/T Redo

Oh if they want it back it's gonna cost then over double what I paid for it. I can remember when I first got my license back in 97. I worked at my buddies wheel and tire shop. Custom Automotive in Calvert City Ky, ask for Timmy tell him Corey sent ya. Little plug there. I can remember these trucks coming in and I absolutely loved them. Well fast forward almost 15 years and I had forgotten about them till I saw this truck and the lost love came back. I will never sell this truck as long as I can afford to drive it and my family has food I will keep it. FOREVER!!!

Kinda glad it was dirty. They might have wanted more for it if they knew it would look this good with a little cleaning. Was well worth getting a dirty truck for cheap and making it look good versus getting a clean truck and paying way more. I think I have maybe $50-60 in cleaning stuff, I could have paid hundreds if not thousands more if it was clean.

Well I got my first performance part a couple of weeks ago and figured I would keep this going. I was talking to a member on FABO (Abodybomber) and he mentioned he had a set of Gibson stainless headers off his old truck that he would sell me. So I said sure but it will have to wait till November 1st since thats when I would have the extra money, almost 7 weeks from that date. He said no problem and when November 1st rolled around I messaged him and he got me shipping and all figured out and even sent them before I mailed the money order. Now that is a great guy right there, besides he knew where to find me(Iraq) anyway. So they got to my house the same day the money got to him and boy did he give me a smoking deal these are like $375 and up online I paid nowhere near even half of that. So here they are I am gonna clean them up with a little polish and put them on when I get home next year.

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

Cheers to the great folks around you :tea:
And thanks goes out to the great guy at FABO :tea:
Those are SaaaWEEEEET Congratulations :first:

Thanks MeMike. Some update is better then nothing I guess. I use the internet to surf for parts to use most of my free time while over here. Found a lot of good info and ideas this way.

Good score "dusted72" . Though's should help that 360 breath a little better . That's one more mod that I'll be doing to my 97 come spring . For right now I've been busy gearing up my my 84 RC for the New England winter .

Hey bear just call me Corey. Consider us friends from now on. :thumb:

lol , You got it Corey . I do appriecate that . By the way , What branch are you in anyway ? My best friend ( He's kinnda like a son to me ) is in the Air Force stationed down in Georga ( And I worry about him every time he go's over there to ) . And he's Wicked into Mopars as well . His daily driver is a lifted 02 Dodge 3/4 ton .

Hey Phil I am in the Army now working for the DOS until May. So my Mopar Performance valve covers showed up yesterday. Man these are some sweet looking covers. Can't wait to get them on when I get home. So here they are, enjoy. My addiction is growing rapidly I have spent over $500 since the 1st of November.

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

Mopar addiction!! Its a beautiful thing ain't it?! Wife says it beats sitting in a bar....

Honestly , I don't think there gunna look that good on your Truck . I think you should give them to me for my Sport instead . lol Another thing you might want to think about doing were your Truck is an atomatic is anything to keep your trany cool . I know it wount make it go any faster ( other then reprograming the shift patterns ) but these trany's are known to run a little on the hot side and thats one of the reason's why they fail . You could think about a keep cool trans pan and a bigger trans cooler , etc. . I don't even run my after market cooler thru the radiator at all . Next on my list is the trany pan .

WOW!! The VC's look great!! I am so happy you got them and I agree, bear is correct and it's an easy upgrade that every newer Dodge trans needs. Heck, all the farmers do this every sense this new trans was used. All we see in the fields working hard is Dodge and Ford trucks, and it seems to be that way in states I visit

Here is a picture of my tuner I bought also. Not much as far as updates but it is something.

Corey Truck 002.jpg

Well I have officially made the big time, I now have a Mopar M1 4bbl MPI intake. Not only has my intake arrived but it has been mailed out already too. It is heading to Leanna over at Phoenix Specialty Coatings to be powder coated. Along with a brand new aluminum t-stat housing and a 2bbl adapter for my 4 bbl MPI intake. Here are a few pics of my intake I got off Ebay for cheap as heck. Brand new never used. More pics to come once I get my Mopar EVS II keyless entry/alarm I bought off Ebay as well. I also got a set of 2 inch lowering shackles from Ebay too for really cheap.

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

Last edited:
Good score Corey ! Something tells me your gunna be busy again the next time you come home . lol

Yes I am gonna have plenty to do once I get home. I am gonna wait till I get my 30 days leave and try to get it all done in less then a week so I have more time with the family. Still got more stuff to buy too like front suspension stuff, the steering is a little loose but I an sure it is the tie rods. My wife says she won't drive it till I get that fixed and I don't like the way it wanders everywhere.

Make shure you leave plunty of time for the test drive's . lol As far as the front end go's , it could be any thing so make shure you check out the front end good . Check the play in the box to because I've done a few box's to this gen truck's and sence your building more speed into your's , you don't want to worry about keeping it straight ( other then a little side way's action when you take off . lol ) .............. Oh yah ! Corey , what do think about my white Sport I picked up in the photo gallery ? The other two are mine to .

Hey Phil looks great. My uncle has a 98 3/4 ton R/C longbed Cummins 4x4 stick and that truck is a beast, you could probably pull down a house with it. That truck has over 400k on it now. But back to this one here. I received my Mopar EVSII keyles entry/alarm yesterday brand new in the box. I picked it up on Ebay since this truck never had keyless entry from the factory. I hate the look of aftermarket systems so I figured this was the next best thing.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

Thanks Corey , Yah I think my 360 would pull a house down to if I could just get enough traction lol . I still think one of the previous owners reflashed the computer or something . Because this thing has way to much tourque and power for a stock truck . .............. Good score on the keyless entry / Alarm . I've been thinking about doing the same thing with mine as well as the remote start . Between the remote start and the keyless entry , I figure they would come in handy during the long COLD winter's here in mass . I hate dealing with frozen lock's and going out to warm up my truck in the winter .

Back