• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

91 Dakota towing limits?

Glad you made it there and back, with a prize to boot! No go join FABO if you haven't already so you can share in the wonderment of the A Body world!

The Dakota sounds like it did its job. I know Oregon has every type of climate possible, I didn't see the desert part, but I saw the rainforest part! It was just above freezing when I left my friends house and I saw sun, rain, clouds, more rain than clouds and grey skies along the Columbia. It's a different state.
I'm actually sharing these same updates over on FABO An auto car on a tow dolly?

So brother had never driven mountains before? Hope he figured it out. Gears are for slowing down - brakes are for stopping.
Other than that you had a good trip.

So brother had never driven mountains before? Hope he figured it out. Gears are for slowing down - brakes are for stopping.
Other than that you had a good trip.
Yeah and thanks to me turning down his offer to drive the return (towing) trip, it stayed a good trip. He's a decent driver, just needs to learn to adjust to conditions better. Not only does he not normally drive in the mountains, he's used to driving his Corolla (my pickup DOES NOT stop on a dime like a Corolla!). At least he got to have fun with the 5.2 on the way there, even a little worn out it's a fun engine to romp on.

That Dakota should be a 518, (727 based) not a 500 especially since it's a 4x4 and V8.all of my v8 Dakotas have been.

Back