• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 Dodge Warlock

I'd LOVE to get a Warlock and set it up as high as my '67 is, and then have some other under the hood. A -HEMI comes to mind here. but I know I got a truck to work on, but you know how it is with us Dodge guys and "wants"...... LOL its Contagious! -Wanting MORE of them!

I'd LOVE to get a Warlock and set it up as high as my '67 is, and then have some other under the hood. A -HEMI comes to mind here. but I know I got a truck to work on, but you know how it is with us Dodge guys and "wants"...... LOL its Contagious! -Wanting MORE of them!
Kind of like this ?
bigred car show.jpg

Kinda..... I'd rather it be painted as the Warlock tho! LOL BUT that ones NIICE too! '79..... I'm pretty attached to the '78 but you know how that goes.... (I owned a '78 Power Wagon!) so. my first truck! -Not just first truck, but my first set of wheels too! Needless to say at this point, I had a soft spot for them! To this day!

Kinda..... I'd rather it be painted as the Warlock tho! LOL BUT that ones NIICE too! '79..... I'm pretty attached to the '78 but you know how that goes.... (I owned a '78 Power Wagon!) so. my first truck! -Not just first truck, but my first set of wheels too! Needless to say at this point, I had a soft spot for them! To this day!
That was another old , old paint job that I had to breather new life into and bring back from the dead . It was so faded when I got that truck , it was almost pink . Who ever painted it took the Warlock stripes off and didn't put them back on . Except for inside the doors , they just painted over them . Talk about lazy ! Personally I like the 77/78's best myself . But the wife's favorite year is the quad light 79's , So guess what year I always end up building ? lol

So you repainted that red one too huh? Thats a shame they were so lazy on the work! WOW right over the stripes inside the doors, AMAZING what ya find, isn't it?

I can't say much my '67 right now is Hemi Orange on the outside, BUT, in front of the bed, center of the cab, as well as under the hood, is ALL still "Olive Drab Green"!!!! -NOT that I did it, but the guy I got the truck from, the place he had paint it back in the day! They did it! Hell.... My engine is Olive Drab too! (THAT I may leave it as it is, but refresh its color.) I think it look good Orange with a green motor.... big old pumpkin! LOL

-I hear that on the Wifes "fav" year..... LOL

-I hear that on the Wifes "fav" year..... LOL
It's OK , I've got a 78 grill on the wall of my garage and I keep looking up at it and saying someday I'll have the rest of the truck to go with it . lol

It's OK , I've got a 78 grill on the wall of my garage and I keep looking up at it and saying someday I'll have the rest of the truck to go with it . lol
If it worked that way, I'd have 2 Polaras, 3 Darts, 5, no 6 trucks and a roadrunner!

-Somewhere I have the "Power Wagon" emblems for the hood of my old '78 someplace! LOL stored in my shop!

That could be bad I have a couple 78 grills in my basement along with some 74-76 grills and a couple road runner grills lol but I have a 69 road runner in the garage with the super bee but if I had all the cars and trucks I have parts for I'd have to stack them lol

Sorry I haven't updated in a while . Progress has been slow , but it's spring now and "hopefully" the temps will be coming up so I can get more stuff done to Luci and the Coronet . Just installed the aluminum water pump housing and gave back the factory one I was using to my wife that belongs on her 383 . Coming soon will either be a bigger , badder radiator install or the new seats I'm just finishing up on .
IMG_5597.JPG

Thanks "Power Wagon" , When I get a chance I'll get a picture of the monster aluminum four row radiator that's going with it . Yes I said "four" row , you know how I have a tendency to go over kill with my builds . ;) lol

aluminum four row radiator
What brand did you go with?

I have one (believe it's a Champion) I picked up from a guy running it in his Coronet, 440 engine and he couldn't get it to cool. I'm hoping it works for me, I'll have to fix his mess thought, he bent the tab for the electric fans shroud trying to make it work. Gonna flush it out this weekend and make sure there's nothing in it.

Mine's a Champion . I run a factory B Body 26" three row big block radiator now that I just put in last summer when I was having issues on hot summer days and it seems to be OK . But when I got my hands on this one I figured there was no way in hell that I would ever have any issues ever again . Plus there's the "over kill factor" lol . Time will tell . I will be using a shroud on this one , I'm doing some testing first before I put it in my truck . As far as the guy that you got your radiator from and his issue's . I don't know the whole story , but that could be any number of things . From the wrong or bad thermostat , water pump , fans mounted wrong or not strong enough , shroud being fit wrong , or like your trying to check out , just a clogged or a bad radiator .
IMG_5608.JPG

just wondering about fixing a leak tricky to weld alloy .....
My friend's dad is a welder of 40_50+ years and can do anything like a pro. He's going to fix my radiator, and weld in whatever I need. I'm lucky to have his skills available for free.

My friend's dad is a welder of 40_50+ years and can do anything like a pro. He's going to fix my radiator, and weld in whatever I need. I'm lucky to have his skills available for free.
What the heck did that other guy do to the radiator that it's going to need to be welded ?

Back