• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 Dodge Warlock

And here's the beast of a radiator I squeezed in . Between that and the two 12" fans . Luci's been much happier .
IMG_5040.JPG

I'd probably have my crap done if you lived nearby! I get distracted easily when I'm working alone, the girlfriend's not the best project manager, but she is the best criticizer!
I'd have no problem helping you out with any of your rides . I really do get into building them . It's funny , I was just thinking of you yesterday Mob . I made a new friend .
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG

You just made me think of what I'm going to need to do with my truck when I drop the 440 in. All I have to worry about is an alternator, as I'll be putting duel electric fans on the aluminum radiator I'll be going with.
Who knows , you know me . Eventually I might change my mind and go with an aluminum one myself . But for now this one is working just fine . It added about a gallon and a half of coolant over what I had before . You should be fine , just as long as you pick out the right fans , have a good battery and a good alt. . The two 12's I use now draw very little and I have no issues . Now the two I had originally ? They drew a "bunch" . At idle , I could see the alt gauge discharge every time I had them on .

You should be fine , just as long as you pick out the right fans , have a good battery and a good alt. . The two 12's I use now draw very little and I have no issues . Now the two I had originally ? They drew a "bunch" . At idle , I could see the alt gauge discharge every time I had them on .
I'm going aluminum cause I don't 1) want to spend a lot of money, and I can get an aluminum one cheaply 2) care about original looking, at least on my rides. Champion Radiator makes a truck one, but I think it's for a small block, and I want to havetto much capacity for cooling.

As for draw, I don't have a gauge in the Polara that works, but my electric fan, used as a helper for the flex fan, blows a ton of air. Came out of a late 90's Bonneville and was free to use, just wired it up to a switch, and bam! Keeps it cool when I am in traffic around town.

Probably going tou se a Champion Radiator for a car and go with car water pump, then, if I can't find any fans cheap, I'll get a Dorman OE replacement fan setup for a Furd Focus. $100 at most part stores. Not sure if I'll use a controller or simple switch. I have a 4 core aluminum Champion for the Dart with fans and controller, but the guy I got it from couldn't get his Coronet to cool right, and screwed up the mounting flanges for the fans. I'll have my friends dad fix that for me though.

I'm going aluminum cause I don't 1) want to spend a lot of money, and I can get an aluminum one cheaply 2) care about original looking, at least on my rides. Champion Radiator makes a truck one, but I think it's for a small block, and I want to havetto much capacity for cooling.

As for draw, I don't have a gauge in the Polara that works, but my electric fan, used as a helper for the flex fan, blows a ton of air. Came out of a late 90's Bonneville and was free to use, just wired it up to a switch, and bam! Keeps it cool when I am in traffic around town.

Probably going tou se a Champion Radiator for a car and go with car water pump, then, if I can't find any fans cheap, I'll get a Dorman OE replacement fan setup for a Furd Focus. $100 at most part stores. Not sure if I'll use a controller or simple switch. I have a 4 core aluminum Champion for the Dart with fans and controller, but the guy I got it from couldn't get his Coronet to cool right, and screwed up the mounting flanges for the fans. I'll have my friends dad fix that for me though.
Believe it not , normally I don't have cooling issues . Not even in my high horse Charger I had or even my wife's big block Dart . But then again I knew that the cooling system wasn't going to hold up when I put the Warlock together . IF I wasn't in such of a dam hurry last year to get out on the road , I "should have" done it right the first time . It's my own fault . Champion is one of the better Radiators out there . If I do go aluminum in the future , more then likely It'll be one of there's . I'll go either a three or a four row as well as an aluminum housing . As a bonus , It'll look good with the tunnel ram on top and two big fours . ;)

I been thinkin' of it man, REALLY have too! BUT I'm saying if I were to "swap" that 383, thats thee ONLY way I'd pull it out.... An RB Hemi HAVE TO replace it, otherwise its staying where it is!

My biggest thing is, the engine I have, being a 383 has the industrial heads and water pump.... It all works GREAT BUT, its low compression.... I know a set of 915 heads would bolt right on with the same intake, I'd have to then find a whole B block "stock" water pump as I do not think the 413 water pump would work on the 915 heads.... You have to remember, that water pump on my truck bolt directly to the corners of the heads! THEN to top that all off, I'd have to find either headers, OR stock exhaust manifolds as those are completely different!!!!

I been thinkin' of it man, REALLY have too! BUT I'm saying if I were to "swap" that 383, thats thee ONLY way I'd pull it out.... An RB Hemi HAVE TO replace it, otherwise its staying where it is!

My biggest thing is, the engine I have, being a 383 has the industrial heads and water pump.... It all works GREAT BUT, its low compression.... I know a set of 915 heads would bolt right on with the same intake, I'd have to then find a whole B block "stock" water pump as I do not think the 413 water pump would work on the 915 heads.... You have to remember, that water pump on my truck bolt directly to the corners of the heads! THEN to top that all off, I'd have to find either headers, OR stock exhaust manifolds as those are completely different!!!!
It's been a while since I've worked on one of those blocks . But I think the block it's self is the same as any other B block . After you swapped the heads then you'd still need the reg. big block water pump housing , pump, brackets and pullies .

I basically own one! Its the "baby" big Block "Industrial" Mopar big block but... its runs and is one strong 383 so......

Speaking of, what was the output differences from the Mopar INDUSTRIAL 383 when compared to the Mopar INDUSTRIAL 413? -Anyone know?

I basically own one! Its the "baby" big Block "Industrial" Mopar big block but... its runs and is one strong 383 so......

Speaking of, what was the output differences from the Mopar INDUSTRIAL 383 when compared to the Mopar INDUSTRIAL 413? -Anyone know?
30 cubic inches?

Right, but horsepower and torque from one to the other? Whats the going HP for the 413? (I'm unsure) -for the year of the truck, '67?
Good question , I'd have to look that one up . I'm not sure for the industrial engines . I do know that they were built more for torque and longevity then horse power .

Yes bear you'd be right, I'm guessing now, but I THINK my 383 is getting CLOSE to what a 4 barrel Roadrunner 383 got for HP.... NOT sure on that, but I'm gonna say 300 HP if not more, Torque tho is WELL past the said Ft lbs that a 4 barrel 383 roadrunner got at 425 ft lbs... by a long shot, or so it feels like it (Maybe because of the trucks size?) I dunno. I just know the thing pull a freakin' house down! -Then, ya got my dumb ass wanting a Dodge W500? When my W200 is more then enough, but that BIG W500 would be so cool at shows, (Not sure I'll take the '67 to shows) its a work truck for me so..... The '58 or '59 W500 be a show truck if I had one.... just because!

Back