• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1967 VC DODGE UTE

While you didn't get these in the US they are based on the 1967 Valiant and share many parts...the utes only come with a slantie with the base model (Dodge) only having a manual trans option, no heater and painted bumpers and hub caps....the body has extra reinforcing and came factory with big block bars and heavier leaf springs, the Valiant version had the option of manual trans but most were auto, they had chrome bars, hub caps and cutter moulds....this started out to be a quick tidy up to use while I build my 1962 Plymouth Valiant, but there was more work than first thought, so I decised to do everything to it now instead of just getting it going....
this is how it looked when purchased...

View attachment 4396

View attachment 4397

we picked up the ute in a small town just out of Sydney.....brought it back on a Isuzu truck powered by a 408 small block Mopar.....

View attachment 4400

View attachment 4401

View attachment 4402
nice old truck

A quick update, I've spent the last three weekends block sanding the hood and setting it up. It's now gapped and sits flush with the plenum and guards. It's in it's first light coat of primer just to seal things up. Not great pics as it was sunset and taken with a flash, but I'll get better images this weekend.

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

Back